Japji Sahib Keertan

Pyarey ji,

i have also noticed that Jap Ji Sahib doesn't have a raag. i don't think there is anything wrong with still singing Jap Ji sahib. Gurbani doesn't necessarily have to be sung in raag. Most of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's bani is not written in raag, but doesn't mean we can't sing it.

The first bani and the last bani (Jap Ji Sahib and Raag Maalaa) both don't have a raag...that's very interesting.

During saadh sangat samagams, they sing most of the nitnem (which is amazing)...you can maybe download some of the nitnem from www.gurmatstudies.com or ontariosikhyouth.com

hope that helps.

-Jap Naam

Pyarey ji,

i have also noticed that Jap Ji Sahib doesn't have a raag. i don't think there is anything wrong with still singing Jap Ji sahib. Gurbani doesn't necessarily have to be sung in raag. Most of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's bani is not written in raag, but doesn't mean we can't sing it.

The first bani and the last bani (Jap Ji Sahib and Raag Maalaa) both don't have a raag...that's very interesting.

During saadh sangat samagams, they sing most of the nitnem (which is amazing)...you can maybe download some of the nitnem from www.gurmatstudies.com or ontariosikhyouth.com

hope that helps.

-Jap Naam

148393[/snapback]

"The first bani and the last bani (Jap Ji Sahib and Raag Maalaa) both don't have a raag...that's very interesting. "

<mod edit>

We do not allow discussion of the topic you are trying to touch on, regardless of your personal opinion. Stick to the thread.