'eat Less, Sleep Less, Talk Less' Can

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

'Eat less, sleep less, talk less'

Sorry if this verse isn't in the right order coz its off the top of my head, because i was wondering the deeper meaning of it, i think i know what it means, but just want to know for the deeper meaning of it.

Thanks in advance

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Gurfateh ji!

emmmm eating less is put in place from what i gather is because when eat in large amounts, body becomes tired and cannot focus on naam, waheguru. sleep less is more or less the same meaning as when sleeping too much, alot of time is wasted and person also becomes lazy, and therefore mind cannot focus as much, by talking less the mind is able to stop engaging in worldy affairs and stick to true thoughts such as of waheguru, and continuously try keep simran going, as when speaking mind concentrates on talking rather then naam. sorry if anything rong in what i ses, as i have very limited knowledge!

my own experience and own opinion:

Eat less: If we eat less, then our metabolism rates (break down of fats) will be sufficient enough to keep us healthy and active. Fat people become.. well..fat due to their metabolism rates not being fast enought to reach the higher demands. Also, this is Kalyug, famine could happen, and so if we are USED to eating loads, we won't be able 2 survive! - But people who dont eat much inthe first place.. they cant survive that extra bit.. more naam jap!

Me - I just eat enough to fill my stomach.. not too much to feel sick

Sleep Less: When we sleep, we don't do anything useful..leading to less naam jap. Plus, this is Kalyug, robberies happen everywhere, esp while the owners are asleep. If we sleep less, we can protect our homes for longer during the night. eg: If u sleep for only 6 hours.. only 6 hours out of 24 are ur weakest times.. as comapred to someone who sleeps as much as 10-12.

Sleeping too much also leads to tiredness.

Me - I learnt to sleep no more/no les than 7 hrs.. for me, this is enough for my body to rest, but not too much to feel tired for the rest of the day.

Talk Less: Hmm.. when we talk we tend to show our weaknesses to the outside world. Not good, since this is Kalyug. Nowadays even borhters go against eachother. Talking too much is also waste of energy, why not use that energy to do naam jap.

Me - I try.. this 1 hard for me tho blush.gif LOL

sleep less

well why should we sleep less?

to a gurmukh, sleep is like death, there is absoloutly nothin you can do other than roll around in your bed and snore,

not leading you to waheguroo.

in the time we dont sleep, we ought to be doing paath, great singhs such as baba thakur singh ji only needed 1 hour of sleep before they felt energised.

surinder singh sodhi (shaheed) once went without sleep for 3 monthes, doctors were baffled as to how he did it.

a muslim fakir (whose name i cant remember) did not go to sleep for 40 years.

sleeping is a sign of weakness, hence "bohat nahi saona"

in satjug we did not need to sleep, waheguroo da jap was heard all the time, but as time went on, we forgot maharaj and hence now our shakti that we once had has been lost.

some people have managed to hold that shakti, mahapursh for instance.

eat less

you feel tired when your full, leads to sleep "bohat nahi khanna". great sants such as baba thakur singh ji did not need to eat for days. paath is they key taht will make you full. eating too much you feel tired, sleepy and again you get into a state of death

talking less

"bakh bakh vich chalaeia bin navai bikh jaan"

talking to much one loses everything.

why? because when you talk to much, you talk about anything and everything, from ninda to who you like and anything but you forget simran. even when you talk it takes a while to get back to the waheguru jaap.

talking too much ruins you, and you lose your respect, why? because people start to say "he talks to much" and hence even talking to much people will find you annoying.

a gurmukh is never annoying and concentrates on what his task is. time passes quicker when you dont talk.

"bohat nahi bolnaa"

bhul chukke muaff

WJKK WJKF!!!

i read somewhere a while back , i think it was in a paper, where scientists or medical researchers found that meditation is better than sleeping, because when you are meditating your mind is focused on one thing only but when you are asleep your mind is constantly wandering or dreaming so it does not get the smae 'rest' as meditating gives.

So this is why many Gur Sikhs have been able to go without sleep or little sleep.

• 3 years later...

I don't remenber where I heard this but it just came in my mind eat less, sleep less, talk less. This funny because i don't remenber reading this topic I google the words this appeared. I had to bring this thread back it most influential thread. From now on I shall base my behaviour & character on these teachings.