Police act to quell disturbance

Police act to quell disturbance

OPP called to home in the Bolton area

Ambulances on scene, but no reports of injuries

RAJU MUDHAR AND MARY NERSESSIAN

STAFF REPORTERS

Police responded in force to a report of a disturbance involving more than 100 people at a residence on Highway 9 near Bolton last night.

Ontario Provincial Police said 10 police cars responded to the call at a residence on Highway 9, east of Highway 50, shortly after 7 p.m.

Kenneth Goldman, assistant manager at a Tim Hortons shop located across the intersection from the residence, said several men parked their cars along both sides of Highway 9 and walked toward the residence, which is set back from the road among trees.

Goldman said several police cars arrived shortly after. Officers ran toward the house with guns drawn, he said, while others closed the highway to traffic.

Hours later, police were blocking access to the house and said detectives were inside.

Several men and women, who were turned away by police after arriving at the home in the late evening, refused to comment.

OPP said one person was taken into custody, but would not confirm any charges or the identities of the homeowner and the arrested individual.

Ambulances were sent to the scene, but police said no one was taken to hospital.

Earlier in the day, a packed meeting was held at the Ontario Khalsa Darbar, a temple on Dixie Rd. in Mississauga, where people in the Sikh community were hoping to hear a man identified as Narinder Singh Grewal explain his controversial religious views. Local Punjabi media have been covering his story in recent weeks

. Dr. Palwinder Singh of the Punjabi Tribune said he was at the meeting about 4 p.m., and said Grewal had not appeared. Singh said he had seen no signs of violence before he left the meeting.

Singh said recent stories in the media have centred around a video that depicted Grewal with his followers.

http://news.waheguroo.com/?{633Q6-17274-69...26-49443-Q3839}

Guest Guest

i was at the meeting at dixie gurdwara and I have to say that it was really inspring. This is the first time I saw different jathebandiia like AKJ and Taksal actually working together.

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Can you please provide more information on what happened in the meeting?

It's so good to see Panthik Jathebandis such as the Akhand Kirtani Jatha and the Damdami Taksal work together. But sadly this doesn't really happen very often. Just imagine if give up our personal beliefs for the sake of unity, wouldn't our lives be so in rising spirits?

vaaheguru ji kak halsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

WJKK WJKFateh!

Singh,

Well at the meeting they showed the movie where Grewal is saying all this crap about SGGS, and our Gurus. So I guess after seeing it some people got enraged and went to the guy's house, from what I heard, he got his a$$ kicked, and some bibi got in the way saying really bad stuff, they weren't going for any bibiz, but they were talking smack, so they knocked the lady out too, lol. But the guy got what he deservedand trust me its only the beginning! :D that's all I heard from people. Bhul chuk maaf

WJKK WJKFateh!

Guest Guest

Actually Narinder Grewal wasnt there. Trust me if he was there then he would not have been alive today. The bibi was his second wife and she was the one that told the singhs where Guru Jis saroop was after being threatened by the singhs. I heard the chele were badly beaten up. THe meeting was wicked. First they showed the movie, and then they did ardaas and then different people came up to say their views until at last all of the singhs got into such bir rass mode that they packed inot their cars and went straight to the paapi's house. It was a site to be seen. All these singhs getting packed into cars and going,I saw a car that was so full that people were like sitting in laps or somethong.