Do you believe that Gurbani has the power to cure diseases  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that Gurbani has the power to cure diseases

• Yes it can, there is nothing that Bani cannot do
    • No Bani caanot cure diseases
    • Help!! im not sure!!!

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Everything can be cured by Gurbani, that is only if God wills,

A desease might have redemptive affect, i.e. good will come from bad like this desease might bring us Closer to God.

So God might not cure the desease because God has got a greater plan for us.

Anyways we shouldnt expect any miracle cures because we should accept God wills in pain and pleasure.

But defnetly Gurbani can cure any disease.

WAHEGURU JI KI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I dont understand why any sikh would question the power of Gurbani. We may not have Khalistan yet but then the question is if we are worthy of this.

Now for example say a mother prays to God that her son gets a good wife, and the son has nothing good about him then would God be seen to ignore her prayers?

er....does it make sense ?

I think we cant know what God does but taking guess perhpas God takes everything into account when answering prayers and say someone asks for alonglife, now that person may be given ten yrs more to live but after that God may not want to listn to his prayers as it is for that persons good that he die cos he gona got to a nice place afterwards.

so what im saying is God listening to our prayers but sometimes what we think is good God knows is not good for us then so we dont get it and we get it later.

so the prayers of those shaaheeds did nt go to waste, they set us an example to follow and they fought like lions and didnt sit quiet like some and God gave them tohe powe to take the pain and torture.

they set an example for future generations, hoew great is that, and need i remind everyone of the gora in the Golden temple beingb healed of cancer?

I don't think the question is worded correctly.

I don't think Bani itself can help cure diseases (i.e. it can physically di it), but Bani can help forge human beings into people who can cure diseases. So in this sense Bani does indirectly cure diseases.

Also note that the power of the mind, in this case Naam should not be underestimated.

I don't think Bani itself can help cure diseases (i.e. it can physically di it), but Bani can help forge human beings into people who can cure diseases. So in this sense Bani does indirectly cure diseases.

Also note that the power of the mind, in this case Naam should not be underestimated

I mean it helps people become disciplined in mind and body. Teaches people to use their minds, of which one application maybe medicine.

So in layman terms what you are saying is that gurbani cannot itself cure disease but can help someone become a doctor via giving them discipline who will then go forward to cure a disease.

And ur comment on the power of the mind, i assume your talking about the effect of positive thoughts and determination to get better?

I see....

Sorat'h, Fifth Mehl:

After taking your cleansing bath, remember your God in meditation, and your mind and body shall be free of disease.

Millions of obstacles are removed, in the Sanctuary of God, and good fortune dawns. ||1||

The Word of God's Bani, and His Shabad, are the best utterances.

So constantly sing them, listen to them, and read them, O Siblings of Destiny, and the Perfect Guru shall save you. ||Pause||

The glorious greatness of the True Lord is immeasurable; the Merciful Lord is the Lover of His devotees.

He has preserved the honor of His Saints; from the very beginning of time, His Nature is to cherish them. ||2||

So eat the Ambrosial Name of the Lord as your food; put it into your mouth at all times.

The pains of old age and death shall all depart, when you constantly sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe. ||3||

My Lord and Master has heard my prayer, and all my affairs have been resolved.

The glorious greatness of Guru Nanak is manifest, throughout all the ages. ||4||11||

(Ang 611)

I would say that Guru Ji disagrees with you and that guru ji in gurbani says that simran, gurbani and meditation on him, can cure disease and eradicate all pain.

YES ! Gurbani can cure diseases !

WHY? Because the DOCTOR of DOCTORS has all the cures !

pray.gif Vaheguroooooooooooooo pray.gif

It's just Paapi's, like myself, who just can't seem to see/believe it. We come up with too many superstitions & questions to arise.

soriT mhlw 5 ]

sorath mehulaa 5

Sorat'h, Fifth Mehl:

jnm jnm ky dUK invwrY sUkw mnu swDwrY ]

junum junum kae dhookh nivaarai sookaa mun saadhaarai

He dispels the pains of countless incarnations, and lends support to the dry and shrivelled mind.

drsnu Bytq hoq inhwlw hir kw nwmu bIcwrY ]1]

dhurusun bhaettuth hoth nihaalaa har kaa naam beechaarai

Beholding the Blessed Vision of His Darshan, one is enraptured, contemplating the Name of the Lord. ||1||

myrw bYdu gurU goivMdw ]

maeraa baidh guroo govindhaa

My physician is the Guru, the Lord of the Universe.

hir hir nwmu AauKDu muiK dyvY kwtY jm kI PMDw ]1] rhwau ]

har har naam aoukhudh mukh dhaevai kaattai jum kee fundhaa

He places the medicine of the Naam into my mouth, and cuts away the noose of Death. ||1||Pause||

smrQ purK pUrn ibDwqy Awpy krxYhwrw ]

sumuruth purukh poorun bidhaathae aapae kurunaihaaraa

He is the all-powerful, Perfect Lord, the Architect of Destiny; He Himself is the Doer of deeds.

Apunw dwsu hir Awip aubwirAw nwnk nwm ADwrw ]2]6]34]

apunaa dhaas har aap oubaariaa naanuk naam adhaaraa

The Lord Himself saves His slave; Nanak takes the Support of the Naam. ||2||6||34||