Was Saint Kabir Ji A Bit Against Women?

source: http://www.allaboutsikhs.com/bhagats/bhagatkabir.htm

<<In common with all monastic, ascetic or otherworldly sects, Kabir does not think well of women. Ihere is almost a tirade against them in the hymns of Kabir. Woman is characterised as "a black cobra', thc pit of hell and the refuse of the world." She is considered to be a hurdle in the path of thc spiritual progress of man. He spoke, "woman ruins everything when she comes near a man; Devotion, salvation and divine knowledge no longer enter his soul." His views, about woman are also evident from all his vehement attacks against maya. Almost everywhere he links maya to a woman who is out to entice and entrap man, and destroy his spiritual life. Such views about woman from a married person arc, indeed, quite uncommon. The cosmological views of Kabir give a clear clue to his worldview. He finds Niranjana to be the creator of the world; maya or woman. And this woman stands between man and god. She is there to entice him away from Him.>>

I know that only those aspects of the Bhagats are included in the Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj that were in accordance with the Guru Ghar.

But I found it a bit ackward to know that very dear saint kabir ji was a bit against women.Can any veer who has read kabir granthavali or bijak give more insight?

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

<<what do you think guru gobind singh ji talked about in chitropakhyan>>

Just as lion has its characteristics,dog has its characteristics,infact every being has its characteristics,in the same way Guru ji described the characteristics of women.But THAT IS NOT THE TOPIC OF DISCUSSION.

I have read the Saint Kabir Ji's bani in Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj.

I only wanted to know about the bani of Saint kabir that has not been registered by Guru Ji and want to know whether its true that he termed women as a cobra and a obstacle in the path of man and god(many people have had this kind of belief).

Lets not stray away from the topic.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

i disagree that bhagat ji meant woman is the causer of lust.....like sherpanjabi pajee said the whole shabad is needed to understand the full context in which bhagat ji is talking.

Meanings can change dramatically...taking a sentence isnt the full picture at all.

I Dnt  Think Bhagat Kabir Ji is against woman...and in Guru Granth Sahib there're lots of exemple where Guru ji says "estri"but its for woman and man...U can see that in the Weakhea by Pr. Sahib Singh...

144289[/snapback]

yeaahh....jeev isthree...meaning both.....and vaheguroooo the husband

We need to check the bani of kabir ji which has not been included in the Guru Granth Sahib ji to know the reality.His work is in the form of 2 scriptures:kabir granthalies and Bijak(completed by 2 of his disciples).

Baba Farid was a sufi saint and sikhi has differences with sufism.So only the hyms of Farid ji which were in accordance with Guru ghar were registered.Same is the case with Saint Kabir Ji and other bhagats.

Is there any bani of Kabir Ji in Guru Granth Sahib Ji in praise of women or the importanc e of women in this creation of God?I dont think so.

Someone who has read the 2 scriptures of Kabir Ji or someone who is a disciple of Kabir Ji can answer what he felt about women.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh