Can Any Religious Ppl Be Gurmukh?

WGJKKWGJKF

because nanak was the first human manifestation of the guru

Hard to stomach this that Guru Nanak Dev ji was the First Manifesation of Guru..wat bout others like Krishna, Buddha, Kabir, Ravida,Zarathusta, Meera, Jesus, Mahavira etc etc ????

143729[/snapback]

I think u misinterpreted what i was trying to say. What i meant was that nanak was the first human manifestation of the guru amongst the 10 physical vehicles who carried the guru within them during the formalization of Sikhi (i.e. from Guru nanak to guru gobind singh ji). Each succeeding guru had a guru who existed before them in the embodiment of a human except for nanak. The guru which nanak learned from existed solely in the form of shabad roopi gyaan, there was no physical being to teach him this as there were for the gurus which succeeded him. Yet Guru nanak repeatedly refers to his guru in his writings, seeking his guidance and blessing. This shud make it clear that the guru is not any physical being nor has it ever been. That is what i meant when i said no human manifestation of guru existed before Nanak which he attained gyaan from. I agree though that perhaps i could have used better wording to try and explain this.

By the way i did later in that same post state that the bhagats (like kabir) are regarded in the same light as guru nanak, and in order for that to be true obviously they too had to have attained the same gyaan. My whole post was centered on trying to make the point that the guru IS NOT confined solely to the body of nanak. I think perhaps u may have taken my statment bit too literaly and out of context. Regardless, I do apologize for any confusion i may have created.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic