Can Any Religious Ppl Be Gurmukh?

WGJKKWGJKF

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Gurbani tells us every religion can lead to salvation.

So can religious group be a Gurmukh (as long as they are absorbed into meditatiing on the Lord)?

Mann hatha budhee keteeyaa kete bed beechaar....

There are so many stubborn-minded intelligent people, and so many who contemplate the Vedas. There are so many entanglements for the soul. Only as Gurmukh do we find the Gate of Liberation. Truth is higher than everything; but higher still is truthful living (sggs 62).

So does this mean that religious group be Gurmukh, the opposite to self willed?

So if they absorbed into Gods command (Gurmukh) and not self willed they can reach salvation.

Can anyone tell me if im correct in thinking this.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sikhi is supreme

hmmm, dont agree, i remember watching a video for RS, theyw ere taking the mick out of OTT Singhs (Sody Singh was doing that bit) and MArtin BAshir was asking him questions on who wants to be a millinaire.

anyhow, for the 1 millionth question

the question was "which of these paths does sikhism consider supreme"

a) Islam

b) Sikhism

c) Hinduism

d) All Paths

Sody was like "OH BALLE BALLE IT IS SIKHISM"

he lost the 1 million pounds or whatever.

point is, sikhism does not consider itself to be the best in the world. in fact it says all paths lead to one.

very sad how aaj kal di say that their own dharam is the best.

Gustakhi Maaf

Gurmat is the supreme religion.

In Sri Guru Granth Sahib, the importance of "Gurmat Naam" is repeated over and over. Without Gurmat Naam, no one can find Akaal Purakh nor reach Sachkhand. As shown in the following pankti of Gurbani, Gurmat Naam is only available in the house of Guru Nanak: "Nanak kai ghar keval, naam". Keval = "only".

Without Naam, no one can find God:

"Nanak Naam binaa ko mukat na hoee"

(Nanak, without Naam, no one is liberated.)

And Naam can only be found from the Guru:

"Bin gur naam n paya jaae"

(Without the Guru, the Naam cannot be obtained.)

We can try to be politically correct, but our Guru Sahibs made the truth plain and clear. By following other religions, one will receive the appropriate merit and karma ("theerath thup deya dat daan, je ko paavai til kaa maan" -- pilgrimages, austere discipline, compassion and charity, these bring only an iota of merit), but only by following the path of Gurmat can we be truly liberated. Liberation only comes from Gurmat Naam received through the Guru.

"Bin Satgur kinnai na payo, bin Satgur kinnai na payaa"

Here's what Guru Sahib thinks of other religions:

"Raam Rahim, Puran Koran, Anek kahai mat, humm ek naa maniyo

Simrat shaster beyd sabhai, baho bhed kahai, hum ek naa janiyo"

How can we have any doubt and say that all religions are equal when Guru Sahib himself denounced the other faiths?

actually after reading the above post i just realised what bhenji was saying is true.

but....

Gurmat is the supreme religion.

hang on, doesnt bhai gurdas ji di vars say that "naam is the true religion"

the sakhis goes that guru nanak dev ji went to mecca and hindus and muslims asked him which was the best dharam, i think the vars go like

"without doing good, both will end up crying"

How can we have any doubt and say that all religions are equal when Guru Sahib himself denounced the other faiths?

theek hai, so if guru sahib denounced these faiths, then why are his "sikhs" saying that "sikhi is the best"

is that not a religion to you?

Bhul Chukke Muaaff

ah it makes sense

but, this is what i wrote to singhsta on pm....

paji if i offended you in my post when you said "sikhi is supreme" please forgive me

but im only saying this on ss because all paths lead to god, they have their different maryadai but they still emphasize on meeting god.

thats how you got ridhis and sidhis and peers and sheikhs, and the ved puraan were born.

but what im saying is dont go on this site to say "sikhi is supreme" because people from different faiths (right now) have got the impression sikhi emphasized on oneness and that how all religions lead to the same one, same akal purakh.

many gurmukhs have said this and even if you ask a sant, they will tell you the same thing.

think of it like a mountain path, theres many paths to the top of the mountain, sometimes youll get the odd block in the middle of the road, but you can always go onto another path and get to the top.

same way, there are many paths that lead to god, if you dont like one dharam, hey koi naa you can always jump onto the other path!

in fact all dharams say naam simar karo.

ok fair enough, the true religion is naam, but still dont start saying sikhi is supreme because there are people from different faiths that go onto this site to learn about sikhism.

muslims go on here

hindus go on here

many religions go on it.

sikhism isnt the only religion in the world that says we should merge into akal purakh.

budhism say it, hindus do it. all sorts of dharams we havent even heard of say it as well.

(ok buddihsm doesnt believe in god, but it still says naam simar karo, thats why the buddhist monks have alot of shakti in them!)

but if you say sikhi is the best, then people from other sites will go back on to their website and start to say "sikhi is intolerant because it disses others faiths etc etc etc"

if you said naam is the best then thats different.

but what im saying is, im not having a go at you in my post, nor do i intend to be politically correct like some people who come on this site.... but what im saying, is for the sake that people dont get the wrong impression, please dont say sikhi is the best. because even though maharaj denounced some of the faiths at the time, it doesnt mean we have the right to start acting superior.

get what im saying?

take care

bhul chukke muaff

waheguru ji kekhalsa waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, every religion or people have good virtues. Gurmat teaches us to collect these virtues. Hence we as sikhs are no higher or lower than anybody else, as we need to collect the same virtues.

All religions are not equal, all people are equal.

Religions are idealogues. As bhenji says the true religion is Naam. Naam has every virtue in it.

The path of sikhism is the most logical, spiritually accessible and most developed path. The only problem is Sikhs have never been able to express this path to the greater wider world in an articulate manner.

waheguru ji kekhalsa waheguru ji ke fateh

Sorry about this, as i said before my knowledge on Sikhi is limited can someone explain this:

If the naam can only be obtained by the Guru, and no one can find God without the naam, then how can other people from other faiths lead to God/salvation?