Sikh jewllery, should wear it?

Mkhalsa

Do you think sikhs should be able to wear jewellery like khaanda necklaces, stuff on dastars like maala or khandas, anything like that?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think sikhs should be able to wear jewellery like khaanda necklaces, stuff on dastars like maala or khandas, anything like that?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t think you can classify Mala as fashion jewelry. Fassion jewelry is like rings, earrings, necklaces etc. But things like Mala, Chand Tora, Khanda on a Dastar don’t look like jewelry nor are they jewelry, I heard this one Singh telling me once that the real Gehne of a Singh are Shastars. Maybe that is why puraatan Singhs would be armed to the teeth even during peaceful time.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Acually, mala I understand. You carry it with you and it serves a purpose( helps with naam simran). SO, how do khanda and chan tor have a purpose? Arent those to decotate your dumalla. Mala I understand. But not khanda and chand tor.

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

chadtor is something that even guru sahib himself wore!

The wire helps to fortify your bunga and make ur damalla like a helmet, which is one of the points of it. You cannot classify chandtor and jewelry as the same thing. just because u dont understand it veero, you shouldnt make a poll like htat. Mala, khanda, these are not jewelry in that sense.. but they are jewelry in the sense of the same way our kakkars are jewelry.. guru sahib gave them to us and they are special to us.

I dont agree with khanda necklaces as that is mixing jewelry with our religious symbols.

My opinion is that they serve as symbols and emblems to show people that you belong to the Khalsa. It’s just like how when a Sikh is in the army he has to wear the symbol of that country in which he is serving under. For example, in India Sikh soldiers wear the triple headed lion symbol on their Paghs, which is the national symbol of India. When wearing a Khanda or Chandtora, that signifies that Sikh warrior belongs to the sovereign Khalsa, of whom Guru Gobind Singh Jee is the Badshah of.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

If guru sahib wore chand tor, im cool with it. And I never said I never wore them. But can you tell me why khandas on necklaces are wrong, like ik oankars on necklaces. How are they different from wearing stuff on dumalla?

BHULL CHUKK MAF

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!