Sikhnet

Guest Guest

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SSCOM Ji ,

How do you know with what intentions the orginal poster posted this msg. Maybe he's looking for ways to tackle this issue and he's asking for the sangats views on this. Many times Sikhnet have been contacted regarding these issues but they don't reply.I remember the old 'Sikhsangat' made a website to tackle this issue. But I guess the removed it. Anyways Solutions are needed to deal with this problems. No hating :lol:

138126[/snapback]

I didnt say that the person had ill or bad intentions to stir or anything. I said that what was saying is a general kind of view.

Also, what are you on about 'SikhSangat'? Jio, i may be a mod but i still am human too and a learner like us all. And being a learner, i have an opinion which i stated was my own opinion, and not the view of the whole of the forum. I am sorry if that didnt come accross.

Sikhnet doesnt recommend anything anti Gurmat, I dont understand how Yoga, which relaxes our body and mind, would be anti gurmat. Is there anything being done in the process which makes us forget God? Actually it only focues our concentration more helping us to better meditate on the Lord. The list that these fanatics are making is growing longer every day, stop searching for what we shoud ban, rather focus on the Love of God.

Vaheguroo ji ka khalsa, Vaheguroo ji ki fateh.

Sadh Sangat jio, i was reading this post once more, and i read this veerjis post, and i had a few ideas, on his opinions..

1) Yoga helps them to get closer to God.

If this is the case then surely Guru Ji would've taught His Sikhs to practice Yoga and would've offered yoga classes. Imagine Baba Deep Singh Ji and Bhai Taru Singh Ji waking up in Amrit Vela and practicing yoga. Sikhs went through two holocausts. Imagine reading something like "As Sikhs were doing yoga, Mughals attacked and many Singhs became Shaheed." Guru Ji taught us to stay Tyar-Bar-Tyar. Yoga is a waste of time.

2) Yoga is an exercise.

Guru Angad Dev Ji started wrestling classes; Guru Gobind Singh Ji started gatka and martial arts classes. No yoga class is found in the history. Guru Ji did not even consider yoga as an exercise. Naam Simran helps people to relax and is the only way in Sikhi. 3HO are just misguided people.

3) Kakkars

Heera Singh has provided enough proofs. They need to get themselves out of the brainwashing system of yoga and study Sikhi.

Some Facts:

Religious

1) They preach inter-faith marriage.

2) They differentiate between the philosophy of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Gurbani tells us that both are one and the same.

3) Why do they only wear white?

4) They throw flowers on people during weddings in the presence of Guru Sahib.

5) They mix Sikhi symbols with Christianity.

6) They have Khanda on the floor of their Gurdwara.

7) They have a separate flag to represent yoga. Is it still an exercise?

8) They misinterpret Gurbani to support yoga.

9) They place Guru Raamdas Ji higher than other Gurus because according to them 4th Nanak Ji introduced yoga in Sikhi.

10) Yogi tea, yoga oil, and other yoga products. Still just an exercise? Where is the money going

2.) Yoga is an Excerise.

Veerji, what you said is completely true, yet... my example would me, is it found in history, that most of todays youth, uses Msn Messenger?. No where in history is it found, yet are we misjudged people?. Not at all. Yes, Naam Simran does help CERTAIN people relax, yet, some people unfortunatly dont get that sort of relaxation, and feeling of closeness to god. What is wrong with them, for making the effort of relaxing, and becoming one with god. and Btw, do you have proof, that guruji did not consider yoga, and excercise? If you do, then i'd be glad to see it.

Politics:- Their beliefs.

1) They refuse to identify themselves as “Anandpur Vaasi” because they already have their own culture (America) and they have a political identity (American). Which means that they don’t accept the political sovereignty of Akaal Takhat Sahib.

2) They do not connect themselves closely with the message of Guru Gobind Singh Ji because they don’t support Khalistan.

3) Khalistan is a waste of time and money.

4) “Raj Karega Khalsa” means spiritual raaj not physical. Wow! Have we been wrong for 300 years?

5) 1984 is something “Punjabi Sikhs” went through and has nothing to do with them because they already have a culture and a political representation. They have no problem in calling us “Punjabi Sikhs” but it saddens them when they are called “White Sikhs”.

List goes on but this is enough. What they are doing is clearly not Sikhi. People don't have misconceptions about them. They have misconceptions about Sikhi.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

137951[/snapback]

2.) Yoga is an Excerise.

Veerji, what you said is completely true, yet... my example would me, is it found in history, that most of todays youth, uses Msn Messenger?. No where in history is it found, yet are we misjudged people?. Not at all. Yes, Naam Simran does help CERTAIN people relax, yet, some people unfortunatly dont get that sort of relaxation, and feeling of closeness to god. What is wrong with them, for making the effort of relaxing, and becoming one with god. and Btw, do you have proof, that guruji did not consider yoga, and excercise? If you do, then i'd be glad to see it.

Veerji, btw.. i love that you voiced your opinion, but if your so strong, about what you believe, then msg on of the youth on Sikhnet, and tell the singhs ur concerns... what can we do, reading, ur post, besides the fact.. of take it into consideration and think about it for about 5 minutes?... Msg them veerji.

Im sorry if i offended you..

take care.

bull chaak maaf karni ji..

Vaheguroo ji ka khalsa, Vaheguroo ji ki fatehhh

Waheguroo je ka khalsa waheguroo je ke fateh!!

Everyone is saying that Yoga is for health..ok ....How about Bhangra..????

I remember when these 3HO wale were here in Malaysia.....They did yoga classes...I went to see..To my surprise,when I went in I saw them chanting ***Heri Har**(it is ok to chant these..as these are one of the Waheguroo jee's name) AND doin BHANGRA with both hands up and all shaking their hips.She(the goree ) said in between the Bhangara session that Yogi Bhajan Said bhangra is a FORM of exercise pluss ^R^%*&^(&*^&*%^(* of their nonsense which I won't mention).You can see the old post at Gurmustaks blog and see how they jump like monkey in the annual mela in Espanola.

Yesterday Yoga was an exercise,today bhangra is and exercise. LOL.gif

Further more,they call them self sikh of the Guru,then why do they chant other MANTARS like ONG NAMO........(i have heard budhist people chant this )...RA MA DA SA SA SEY SOHANG......and many more other yogi sanskrit mantar.The issue here is....why chant any other jantar mantar when Guru Sahib has given us Gurmantar and said clearly in Gurbanee that:

Waheguroo gurmantar hey,JAP haumei kohee ll

Bhai Gurdass jee also says:

vaahiguroo gur shabadh lai piram piaalaa chup chalolaa||

The Guru's word he receives is Vahiguru, the wondrous Lord, and remains silently immersed in delight.

Guru Ang Sang........ :nihungsmile:

I read through his post and i understand that some people here believe that sikhnet and gora sikhs are teaching sikhism in an incorrect manner..

if i want to mud sling i can find faults with everyone..that is not our point as sikhs..

and if you see the gore sikhs..they dont only do yoga..they do a lot more..look at the budha dal and harian vela trained nihungs..some of them are gore sikhs..see the kirtan they do..look at the chardi kala jatha..they are role models to many..

yes the maryada they follow may not be as stringent as yours..or mine..but who are we to say they are wrong and we are righut...yah rehitnamasa are there..but do we knoe the authenticity of them...and are we interpreting it correctly...these are questions we cannot answer with 100% confidence..

like bhakat kabir ji said...apney karam ki ghat mai kya janu mai kya janu baba re..

and like guru nanak devji said in asa di war...manda kisa na aakheya akhar ehobhujeya murkhey nal na lujhie

guru ang sang

angad singh

some of the 3HO people I have come across are just innocent and are following things without knowing anything others seem rude.

POsted by Dhan Singh:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/KamallaRose...ages/?msg=840.1

This is a critique of a ‘testimony’ at the sikhnet website (i.e. 3HO).

The title is “Kundalini yoga & sikh dharma”. Please understand this was written by a 3HO (cult) member promoting the use of kundalini yoga as being congruent with the practices of the Sikh religion. Mainstream Sikhs don’t practice yoga.

1.” It is the shabad guru which unites us to the infinite, through meditation on the Siri Guru Granth Sahib. Kundalini yoga prepares us to hear that shabad.”

“Kundalini yoga prepares us to hear that shabad”. What a blanket statement. What is this statement based on. The author doesn’t use any citations to support this statement. Surely the sggs doesn’t mention that kundalini yoga prepares one to hear that shabad. What does the author base this statement on. Because the author makes the statement does that make it a fact.

2. “it is a historical fact that almost all people who chose to become Sikhs were inspired to do so through the practice of kundalini yoga”

again, what does the author base this statement on. Just because the author made the statement does not make it true or factual. Where’s the citations? The ONLY ‘almost all people” that do this are, again, 3HO members, the cult members.

3.” I believe that by the grace of guru ram das, the teachings of kundalini yoga were brought out of India to the west …”

why would one of the sikh ten guru want to spread the teachings of kundalini yoga…..something the sikh mainstream sikh panth does not practice.

4.”kundalini yoga is the householders yoga”.

Again another blanket statement, with nothing to support. I’ve researched the sankrit tantric literature extensively, and nowhere did I see anything to support this contention.

.“guru nanak admonished the yogis of his time that they were on the wrong path

...this is true. He did teach that yoga itself is bad and in anyway incongruent with the life of a sikh.”

“yogis…on the wrong path”. Yes, that is why there is approximately 25 million Sikhs in the world. And the only ones doing yoga are the 1,500 hardcore members of the 3HO cult.

6. “how else can we explain the miracle of so many westerners coming to the feet of sggs through the practice of kundalini yoga”

“the miracle of so many”, yea there’s about 1,500 3HO cult members. man is that a “so many”….i better take my shoes off so I can use my toes to count them. Yes truly a miracle.