Sikhnet

Guest Guest

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

suixAY jog jugiq qin Byd ]

suniai jog jugath than bhaedh ||

Listening-the technology of Yoga and the secrets of the body.

gauVI cyqI mhlw 1 ]

gourree chaethee mehalaa 1 ||

Gauree Chaytee, First Mehl:

muMdRw qy Gt BIqir muMdRw kWieAw kIjY iKMQwqw ]

mu(n)dhraa thae ghatt bheethar mu(n)dhraa kaa(n)eiaa keejai khi(n)thhaathaa ||

Let your ear-rings be those ear-rings which pierce deep within your heart. Let your body be your patched coat.

pMc cyly vis kIjih rwvl iehu mnu kIjY fMfwqw ]1]

pa(n)ch chaelae vas keejehi raaval eihu man keejai dda(n)ddaathaa ||1||

Let the five passions be disciples under your control, O begging Yogi, and make this mind your walking stick. ||1||

jog jugiq iev pwvisqw ]

jog jugath eiv paavasithaa ||

Thus you shall find the Way of Yoga.

eyku sbdu dUjw horu nwsiq kMd mUil mnu lwvisqw ]1] rhwau ]

eaek sabadh dhoojaa hor naasath ka(n)dh mool man laavasithaa ||1|| rehaao ||

There is only the One Word of the Shabad; everything else shall pass away. Let this be the fruits and roots of your mind's diet. ||1||Pause||

kvn rUpu qyrw AwrwDau ]

kavan roop thaeraa aaraadhho ||

What form of Yours should I worship and adore?

kvn jog kwieAw ly swDau ]1]

kavan jog kaaeiaa lae saadhho ||1||

What Yoga should I practice to control my body? ||1||

gux pUjw igAwn iDAwn nwnk sgl Gwl ]

gun poojaa giaan dhhiaan naanak sagal ghaal ||

Virtue, worship, spiritual wisdom, meditation and all service, O Nanak,

ijsu kir ikrpw siqguru imlY dieAwl ]4]

jis kar kirapaa sathigur milai dhaeiaal ||4||

are obtained from the True Guru, when, in His Mercy and Kindness, He meets us. ||4||

iqs hI gunu iqn hI pRBu jwqw ]

this hee gun thin hee prabh jaathaa ||

They alone receive this merit, and they alone know God,

ijs kI mwin lyie suKdwqw ]1] rhwau dUjw ]36]105]

jis kee maan laee sukhadhaathaa ||1|| rehaao dhoojaa ||36||105||

who are approved by the Giver of peace. ||1||Second Pause||36||105||

pUrw qpu pUrn rwju jogu ]2]

pooraa thap pooran raaj jog ||2||

Perfect is the penance; perfect is the Raja Yoga, the Yoga of meditation and success. ||2||

hir kY mwrig piqq punIq ]

har kai maarag pathith puneeth ||

On the Lord's Path, sinners are purified.

pUrI soBw pUrw lokIk ]3]

pooree sobhaa pooraa lokeek ||3||

Perfect is their glory; perfect is their humanity. ||3||

krxhwru sd vsY hdUrw ]

karanehaar sadh vasai hadhooraa ||

They dwell forever in the Presence of the Creator Lord.

khu nwnk myrw siqguru pUrw ]4]45]114]

kahu naanak maeraa sathigur pooraa ||4||45||114||

Says Nanak, my True Guru is Perfect. ||4||45||114||

now please tell me where it says not to do yoga...yoga has many different forms, sittin gdown and doing naam jaap is yoga too

now please tell me where it says not to do yoga...yoga has many different forms, sittin gdown and doing naam jaap is yoga too

yea all comes in 84 postures of yoga..lol..what people don't get is..guru's were not fully against yoga or it's postures..but guru's discouraged normal gristhi sikhs as whole not to do parnayam(stoping breath in and out) or do hard meditations..parnayam is specific type of yoga..this does not mean guru's were fully against yog mat..in fact if you get to talk to old school singhs..they will tell you in puratan times..celibate sikhs(behangum) used to do full japji sahib in one breath within less than 12 minutes and take exhale that cycle of breath..that much tap sikhs had.

<<t is fine to take your kanga, and kirpan, and place it in a clean and respectful place nearby,>>

where does it say not to keep your kakars with you....keyword being nearby

We have people on Sikh Sangat denouncing Guru Sahib and Sikhi maybe we should be shut down...but nooo we pick on someone who is respectfully giving you their opinion to the best of their ability, yet you tolerate marxist extremists over here.

>.>

This is included in Soraj Parkash Granth(edited version by bhai vir singh ji) and this sakhi is orginally found in sau sakhi of sri guru gobind singh ji..

Suraj Parkash also includes many anti-gurmat beliefs such as Raag Maala is not Bani, Guru Ji worshipped devi etc etc. Not everything in that granth is acceptable. Only pro-gurmat and pro-Gurbani sakhis can be accepted. Every samparda including taksal doesn’t believe in everything suraj parkash says. Yoga is not pro-gurmat therefore sakhi cannot be accepted. None of the sants or sampardas practice yoga.

bijla singhji, you should stop being soo narrow minded..there is no where in Gurmat Maryada by sri akal takth sahib nor by sampardha's says that white is anti-panthic color unless you carry your own home made version of gurmat maryada which is no suprise in this case.

Great way to start your debate. I follow the maryada that was given to me by Punj Pyare. I did not say white is anti-panthic. I only asked why only white. Why not wear blue cholas? I don’t have home made maryada rather it is your “sant maharaaj” who cook up home made maryadas and people like you follow it blindly.

understatement of century !. It's common knowledge within parcharaks that sri singh sahib yogi bhajan had a vision of sri guru ram das ji..it was very special to him which made him to make all that effort to go to west and preach him

Many gursikhs have had visions of Guru Sahib in different forms but they never placed that form higher than the other. Read sikhnet articles and you will see how they emphasize more on Guru Raamdas Ji. Do they not believe in “Jot Oha”. There are many people who can give you accounts of early years of yogi’s life and those accounts do not include any visions.

Really probably that's why, at 1999. 3ho sikh jatha in thousands went all in anand pur sahib those who were baptised, tasted amrit in anand pur sahib.

Going to Gurdwaras or partaking in a Nagar Kirtan does not mean anything. If a hindu joins a nagar kirtan does it mean he is a Sikh. Absolutely not. This is what they told me in their exact words. Hopefully, this will remove your doubt.

Being a Sikh in Northern India is both a cultural ethnicity and a spiritual identity. Because of that-there are a lot of issues that you face in the Punjab related to politics, society and culture. Those of us who have become Sikhs in the West already have a cultural and political identity.

Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji supported khalsa raj in ugardanti than your peace of land- khalistan you seem to idolize.

Khalistan is not “mine” but Panth’s. Khalsa Raaj is Khalistan. I do not believe in any new coming age but Khalsa raaj shall come because Guru Ji said so. The lecture of yogi also proves that this raaj is physical not spiritual or maybe he means spiritual raaj will go away after 5000 years and we will be left without naam simran?

Another bias comment, here is a picture of 3ho gora sikh with sant jarnail singh khalsa bhindranwale

There are also pictures of longowaal with Sant Ji but that doesn’t make him a Panthic Sikh. There is a fine line between a picture and mentality. I have already give you the quote above which proves that they distinguish themselves from Sikhi culture and political sovereignty.

Guru Ji never practiced yoga which is a good enough proof that yoga is not accepted. It is funny to say that he was never against yoga but never practiced it nor did he ever tell his Sikhs to do it. Gurbani doesn’t teach us to do yoga. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I read your replies bijla singh, i ll reply to them in detail soon ..but for now.

I got one simple question to ask you:

In your views,

taking birthi(dhyaan) towards trikurti(3rd eye) is not yog sadhna?

That itself is a yog sadhna..lot of panthic jathey ie- akj follow this:

This one is coming from a bibi who took amrit from AKJ. she lives in NZ:

Naam Simran can be done this way.

Sit down, and close ur eyes and focus on ur trikuti (third eye) the Brow Chakara, and slowly breath in while saying Wahe and exhale saying Guru.

This is called swas swas simran. I was taught to do Naam Simran dis way when i took amrit from an Akhand Kirtani Jatha, the Panj Payray put their hand on ur head and install Naam Simran into u, thus teach u how to do it.

Or u can do naam simran shutting ur eyes, focusing on ur trikuti and singing Waheguru. However u feel like it, cuz the main thing is that u do Naam Simran. You dont really need to have a Gurus pic in ur head cuz u shold jst put ure concentration on hearing Waheguru as u utter it and focus on ur third eye, that way wen u finish, doin Naam simran u will feel dat ur mind becomes nuetral of thoughts and u feel completely relaxed.

If u feel u really need a Gurus pic in ur head den y not jst picture Guru Granth Sahib ji instead. Up to u.

I respect SikhNet a lot. I think they have done a LOT for Sikhi online. When other websites and online projects were struggline, they were at the forefront of Sikhi on the net. I dont think any one is in the position to come on here and knock them.

Issues regarding the forum of SikhNet and some of the content has been in dispute for a while - dont come on another forum and attack SikhNet. If you have valid arguments against the content, go on the SikhNet forum and post your reply stating the "correct" side. If you can't respond to these so called anti-Gurmat replies, then maybe you dont know the answers yourself - in which case, you should remain quiet. Thats not going out to anyone in particular, its just an observation ive noticed in the past with threads on the forum.

One of the biggest Sikh Networks in the world is SikhNet. I think it comes as no surprise, that there are some things not quite inline and the best way to tackle such issues is to tackle them head on and go to the source - which i think in this case, is SikhNets own forum.

Just my opinion. Forgive my mistakes.

SScom

SSCOM Ji ,

How do you know with what intentions the orginal poster posted this msg. Maybe he's looking for ways to tackle this issue and he's asking for the sangats views on this. Many times Sikhnet have been contacted regarding these issues but they don't reply.I remember the old 'Sikhsangat' made a website to tackle this issue. But I guess the removed it. Anyways Solutions are needed to deal with this problems. No hating :lol:

Sikhnet brought the Sikh Sangat together from all over the world. It's the first ever website that connected each and every Sikh through the cyber world to the "physical world", and we don't have a little knowledge, how they are handling Sikhnet in these days. May be they need our help. It's our responsibility that once a platform is ready, we should use and take care of it wisely. Instead of criticizing that other platforms are better. There's so much there on Sikhnet, and if i were one of them, i don't think i would be able to keep track of every single thing listed there. So if we come up with something "aginst Sikhi" we should contact them and try to get it resolved. And if some one has written any articles, let me mention that articles are written by huamans, telling their personal view point which doesn't have any what-so-ever relation with the "history".

Let's not excuse but educate others, that's what i have to say. Let's not criticize but help after all we are "Panth"

bhul chuk di khima jeo

Daas,

Barik