Saas Giraas - historical descriptions?

Confu Singh

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Are there any historical documents which mention this aspect of the Amrit Sanchar ceremony?

In an extract from Bhai Randir Singh ji about Amrit Sanchaar (I read this yesterday on I believe Tapoban website), he made no mention about this aspect of the ceremony although he did go on to describe other parts of it i.e. how the Panj Piare prepare Amrit and administer it.

Can any of the Sangat ched any light on this?

PS a member of this forum (cant remember who) wrote that Bhai Randhir Singhs time, dhuni was not practised?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Thanks bhaji for the link. That was where i had read it. Bhai Randhir Singh does not mention Saas Giraas, even in passing. Was this a deliberate omission i.e. was he not allowed to mention the fact that the Panj Piare even teach this?

Also, are there any historical accounts which also mention that Saas Giraas physical technique was given at Amrit Sanchaars?

Thanks in advance

Sat Sri Akal:

And there is this from Sant Attar Singh Sahib's life:

One Day, Sant Gyanni Sunder Singh Ji, while holding discussion on practising the Divine Name, said, "If Guru Nanak Dev Ji showers his blessings on a person, he could attain the next spiritual stage automatically provided, he recites the Divine Name in single track devotion. Therefore, a person has only to meditate, practising single track devotion". On this, Sant Ji confirmed it to be correct. In the beginning a sikh devotee recites the Divine Name and holy hymn loudly. By this way, his attention concentrates. After that with meditation only, one can remain in the stage of concentration. Later, lips become motionless and only tongue practices the Divine Name. After some time, the tongue too stops movement. Then 'Kanth' (pharynx) also stops working and subsequently direct constant link with the Divine God is established. In this stage, each and every hair of the human body emits the sound of 'Waheguru' (the Divine Name). And even all world and every thing in it is heard reciting 'Waheguru'.

"Jo Bolat Hai Mirg Meen Pankhero

So Bin Har Japat Hai Nahi Hore" (1265)

"Whatsoever deer, fish, birds speak, they only recite the Divine Naam."

A devoted person like this, lives in this world without involving himself in the worldly affairs.

Once, when Sant Gyani Sunder Singh Ji visited Mastuana and while discussing the Divine Thoughts mutually, Sant Ji said, "Gyani Singh Ji, we (Sant Ji) with the reliance of Gurmanter (the Divine Name, Waheguru), the state of our mind turns from solicitude to thoughtlessness. And k

eeping ourselves within our bodily structure, we establish link with the Almightly. This method is adopted by us." But brave persons like you, with the reliance of 'Gyan' (the Divine Knowledge), keeping yourself in the solicitous state and through self perception, set up relationship with the Divine God." Sant Gyani Singh Ji requested that the method which your goodself (Sant Ji) had adopted and enlightened to us is really a good and superior one.

(http://www.kalgidhartrust.com/Rajjogi.htm).

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I am not sure if I understand this correctly.

It is alright to discuss all aspects of the Amrit Sanchaar including how Amrit is to be prepared, the actual Gurmantar itslef but not the specific method of saas giraas.

This doesn't appear to be logical, if my understanding is correct because:

The physical method of giving, receiving and saying Gurmantar is secret (saas giraas, dhuni etc) and thus is more important than all other aspects of Amrit Sanchaar including the Gurmantar itself. It is the Gurmantar given by Guru ji in the form of the Panj Piare which has the power, not one physical method of japping it.

Please could somebody explain further.

Daas