~Japji Sahib Vichar Sagar~must Must Must Must Read

N30S1NGH

tape 45 out of 81:

Guru Ji said:

jay ko kahai karai veechaar.

No matter how much anyone tries to explain and describe them,

kartay kai karnai naahee sumaar.

the actions of the Creator cannot be counted.

Dhoul Dharam da-i-aa kaa poot.

The mythical bull is Dharma, the son of compassion;

Gyani ji further said: Dharam has four legs- sat(Truth), tap(penances), Daan(charity), Jog (meditation). Without these four legs dharam cannot be supported, dharam is son of compassion.

Gyan ji gives an example of how one mahapursh was doing bhagti, there was this person who was capturing turtles. Mahapursh asked him, what you doing?. He said, i will sell these turtles , people eat them. Mahapursh bought all of these turtles and gave him 50 rupees in return and then he went to godavari nadi(river) close by and left them the place they were picked up. This is an image of compassion.

Guru Ji further said:

santokh thaap rakhi-aa jin soot.

contenment which is used by dharam is what patiently holds the earth in its place.

Gyan ji gives an example how baba deep singh ji shahid once about to eat roti. He was just about to eat when singh gave him the news that turks abducted 30,000 women's from the village and took off. Shaahid Baba Deeep Singh Ji, said- first i shall free those women then only I shall eat roti. That much santokh Baba Deep Singh Ji had.

Adapt pure virtues like Dya(compassion), santokh(contenment) then only one can become dharami.

Sikhs asked guru ji, how can we adapt those virtues? Guru ji replied, from naam these virtues are born. Meditate on Naam, these virtues shall come in automatically.

jay ko bujhai hovai sachiaar.

One who understands this becomes truthful.

Dhavlai upar kaytaa bhaar.

What a great load there is on the bull(dharam)!

Dhartee hor parai hor hor.

So many worlds beyond this world-so very many!

tis tay bhaar talai kavan jor.

What power holds them, and supports their weight?

jee-a jaat rangaa kay naav.

The names and the colors of the assorted species of beings

sabhnaa likhi-aa vurhee kalaam.

were all inscribed by the Ever-flowing Pen of God.

ayhu laykhaa likh jaanai ko-ay.

Who can have knowledge about writ on the head's of all of his creations,?

laykhaa likhi-aa kaytaa ho-ay.

Just imagine what a huge scroll it would take!

kaytaa taan su-aalihu roop.

What kind of power he has! how's much splendid beauty he has !

kaytee daat jaanai koun koot.

And what gifts! Who can know their extent?

keetaa pasaa-o ayko kavaa-o.

Vahiguroo created the vast expanse of the Universe with just One Word!

Vahiguroo used Ongkar word only once and whole creation was created.

tis tay ho-ay lakh daree-aa-o.

Hundreds of thousands of rivers began to flow.

kudrat kavan kahaa veechaar.

What kind of energy one has to describe his Creative Potency ?

vaari-aa na jaavaa ayk vaar.

I cannot even once do vichar about him and his powerful energy.

jo tuDh bhaavai saa-ee bhalee kaar.

O Vahiguroo, whatever pleases You is bhalee kar(good)

too sadaa salaamat nirankaar. ||16||

You are the Eternal and Formless One, no one can destroy you.!

To be Continued:

tape 46 out of 81:

Gyan Ji talks about the next puari about how counting starts from ikaie(1), Dahie(10), Saikare(100), Hazaar(1000), Lakh(100,000), Crore(1000,000), Arabh(1000,0000), Kharabh (1 0000,0000), Neel( 1 0000,00000), Padam (1 000 000 0000) , Sankh (1 000 000 00000) ... sankh is the last stage of counting. After that, infinite which is asankh is used to describe the quantity, qualities, attributes of God.

Guru Ji Maharaj Said,

asaNkh jap asaNkh bhaa-o. (Part of this puari is consider as satoguni/ shantki brithi)

There are Countless types of meditations/ways of contemplatation exist like for example as apansu jap- jap to erase sins, kalyan jap- jap to get happiness etc ,and then there are countless types of love exist.

Shrimoni prem which is prema bhakti described by siri guru gobind singh ji-

Sach Kaho Saun Laio Sabhi Jin Prem Kio Tin Hi Prab Paio ||

Then Guru Ji said-

asaNkh poojaa asaNkh tap taa-o. (Part of this puari is consider as tamoguni birthi)

There are countless types of worship services, austere disciplines.

asaNkh garanth mukh vayd paath.

There are Countless types of scriptures(granths), and ritual recitations of the Vedas.

asaNkh jog man rahahi udaas. (Part of this puari is consider as satoguni/ shantki brithi)

There are Countless Yogis and way of jogs, along with countless of those who have their minds remain detached from the world.

Gyani ji said there are many types of jog some of them are: lai jog, hath yog, mantar jog, Dhyaan Jog , Gyan Jog, Agar pat Jog, Sagr Pat Jog.

Lai Jog: In this jog, five birthiyas(concentration)- parman, viparjay, Nindriya, Vikalp, Smirthi gets automatically attuned with Naam. Such people are 1 in crore(million).

Then there are some who does jog(attach with god) via hath yog(awakening energy inside the body), mantar jog, Dhyaan Jog(concentrating on mantar or his creation) , Gyan Jog( knowledge about god), Agar Pat Jog- without mantar, Sagar Pat Jog- with mantar.

asaNkh bhagat gun gi-aan veechaar.

There are Countless devotees, virtues, Wisdoms and Virtues of the Lord.

There are five main types of devotees are considered in various scriptures:

1. Arth Bhagat- Bhagat who does bhagti because of sorrowness in their life. For example- Parlhad.

2. Artha Arthi Bhagat- Bhagat who does bhagti in order to get something ie- kingdom just like how bhagat dharu did bhagti to get kingdom.

3. Anan Bhagat- Bhagat who does bhagti following one God. For example- bhagat namdev Ji.

4. Arvan Bhagat: Bhagat who does bhagti just by getting any word from their Guru's/Murshid. Like for example- There was one person who used to follow ramanand ji get spiritual discourse from him. One morning, when bhagat ramanand ji was going to take shower, this person fell on his feet asked ramanand ji please bless me with naam of vahiguroo. Ramamand ji said, is this time to give naam? There is time for such discourses. He insisted and said, this is only time i can get to talk to you then there are always people around you. Ramamand ji, in bit of anger said- "Bhaja Luta Marangae means run away i ll hit you with iron vessel". This person was extremely innocent and ran away and consider this phrase by ramanand ji as a mantar. He started meditating on phrase with lot of prem(love) and sharda(faith) he had already. When he became fully enlightened, his popularity start increasing and he met ramanand ji and he asked - where did you get the mantar? He said, when i met you and you spoke- Bhaja Luta Maranga .. i have meditated on this. Ramananda ji start laughing and said that wasnt mantar. He replied, that's what i meditated upon considering that was mantar.

5. Gyani Bhagat- Bhagat who have sampuraan gyan(full knowledge of God) and stay in full will(Hakum) of God . For example- Baba budda ji, bhai mani singh ji, baba deep singh ji.

asaNkh satee

There are Countless types of the holy.

Gyani Ji further explains that satii from a gurmat context means : Sati who have her concentration only on one Purkh(husband) and consider the whole creation is form of astri(female) and there is Only one and true husband of them which is God.

asaNkh daataar.

There are countless types of givers who gives charity to benefit humanity and ask somehing in return.

asaNkh soor muh bhakh saar. (Part of this puari is consider as rajogun(rajasi sristhi)

Countless are heroic spiritual warriors, who bear the brunt of the attack in battle (who with their mouths eat steel).

To be continued:

tape 47 out of 81:

asaNkh soor muh bhakh saar. (Part of this puari is consider as rajogun(rajasi sristhi)

Countless are heroic spiritual warriors, who bear the brunt of the attack in battle (who with their mouths eat steel).

Gyani ji talks about this tuk but from a (satoguni/ shantki brithi) context.

asaNkh soor muh bhakh saar.

There are Countless bhramgyani/mahapursh out there and in their heart resides supreme light.

asaNkh mon liv laa-ay taar.

There are Countless of silent sages, vibrating the String of His Love.

Gyani Ji shares an sakhi of mahatama who is been doing silent transcedental meditation for soo long.. at one time two nihang singhs decided to go to caves beyond hemkunt sahib. They were from sudhsingh pind. They got lost in their way and it was evening..so they end up in some other cave. They went inside to get some rest. There was this mahatama who was doing bhagti for soo many years. He was quite weak but still was getting nourishment from meditation.. He opened his eyes, said what you guys doing here? Nihang singhs said we got lost on our way to find good caves. Mahapursh said, which pind you are from? they said sudhsingh pind(village), mahapursh replied, i never heard of it. Then these nihang singhs mentioned amritsar. Mahapursh again replied, i never heard of it. That way they knew this mahapursh is doing tapayasa for centuries in this cave. Then these nihang singhs mentioned pind "Tundh". Mahatama said, that's where guru ram das ji went. He said , i am from that time. Mahatama then replied, close your eyes with concentrate on specific place in your pind. These nihang singhs concentrated on bus stand, mahatama told them now recite- Satnaam Sri Vahiguroo". Nihang singhs concentrate on the place they want to be and when they recited satnaam sri vahiguroo, they travelled through their surati and reach their village.

Nobody can describe your Creative Potency, even creation itself cannot describe you.

I cannot even once do vichar about him and his powerful energy.

O Vahiguroo, whatever pleases You is bhalee kar(good).

Gyani ji shares an sakhi of how once parvarathi requested shiv ji to give vision to blind man. Shiv ji told her that one should be in will of God. Whatever God is doing for good but parvarati resistated few times. Eventually, shiv ji gave this person vision and he was able to see. Now this blind person start drowning kids. He killed two childrens and he was about to kill the third one, parvarathi requested shiv ji to stop him. Shiv ji got the vision back from this person and told parvaratkhi I told you..one needs to be in will of God..if this person would have got an vision, he would have use that vision to find kids and drown them that's why God took his vision to save him from committing more sins in his life.

too sadaa salaamat nirankaar. ||17||

To be Continued:

tape 48 and above:

Gyani ji now talks about same pauri but from adhyatamic(spiritual) perspective.

asaNkh jap asaNkh bhaa-o.

aSankh means God with infinite attributes, virtues. Person who has done meditation on (asankh)God, God gave them asankh bhao(infinite supreme love and bliss) in return.

asaNkh poojaa asaNkh tap taa-o.

Person who has done a jaap of asankh God has done all types of worship exist in this planet. Person who has done aSankh jaap of asankh God done all types of taps. Gyani Ji said, there are three types of tap- Rajsi, Tamsi, Santakhi.

Rajsi tap is stoping senses from desires is called Rajsi Tap.

Tamsi Tap is doing hard meditations, penances.

Satki Tap is doing satsangat, listening kirtan, gurbani vichar, doing kirtan and vichar.

Gurbani says: Gur seva Tapa Sirh Tap Sar ||

Seva of Guru is biggest jap, pooja, tap out of all.

asaNkh garanth mukh vayd paath.

Person who has done asankh jaap of asankh God, have read and knowledge of countless scriptures, and ritual recitations of the Vedas.

Gyani ji said there are three types of granthi ( person with doubts which act like barriers in route of spirituality)

- Chidjar Granthi(knot/: Person who considers akaal purkh( sat chit anand saroop) as un-truth(asat), and considers maya(illusion) as sat roop(truth). To over come that mentality. Naam is only remedy.

- Sansaie Granthi: Person has three doubts in this category- 1) Parman gat sansa- It's a doubt when person says- who knows whats written in the granth instead of finding out, this doubt hold back the person. 2)Parmai Gat Sansa: This doubt makes one believe God and being are different or if the jev(being) is truth or God is truth. 3) Vipargae Sansa: This doubt makes one wonder if this whole creation is truth or God is truth.

Karam Granthi: Person who considers everything is done by me, I. I have done this, I have done that. In such illusions, one gets stuck in karams. If i do good, i ll get blessing.

Hence, if one does jaap on Akaal purkh all these granthis(knots, barriers) gets vanished, veils of ignorance are removed.

Gurbani says:

Thakur Tum Sarnaie Aya, Utar Gaya Mera Mann Ka Sansa Jab tai Darshan Paaia ||

asaNkh jog man rahahi udaas.

Person who has done asankh jaap of asankh God, have done countless types of Jog, and have became udas(de-attached/nirlaip) while being in the world performing wordly duties.

Gyani Ji shares an sakhi - once baba bulleh shah was sitting on bank of river, there was this lady selling carrots. People were coming to buy it, so they start picking and choosing. She said, I only sell carrots in volumes there are no pick and choose. All these people had to buy carrots in volumes. Then there was this beautiful man, who came to her to get carrot, she pick and choose best carrots for him.. bulleh shah was quite suprised looking at the incident so after this men went away. Bulleh shah asked her how come you let him, in fact you picked and choose carrots for him but not others. She said, bulleh shah ji, he is my husband, there is no counting between lovers. This made bullah shah realize, what's the point of carrying a rosary. He put it away and asked himself, bullah are you insane? Why you doing counting with your beloved.

Gurbani says:

Raj lella tera Naam banie, Jog Banaya tera kirtan gayi ||

Gyani ji shares an sakhi of a person asking krishan ji maharaj of what is real jog? All have different interpertations but what is real jog? Krishan replied, jog means unity of Jiv Atma(this being) with God.

asaNkh bhagat gun gi-aan veechaar.

Person who has done asankh jaap of asankh God have got all the knowledge, all the virtues, has done all kinds of bhagati.

There are nine types of bhakti out of those nine types of bhakti - prema bhakti/atam surrender is highest of all.

asaNkh satee asaNkh daataar.

Person who has done asankh jaap of asankh God, have acheive full satee(faith) in God, and get full data(gifts) from God. In fact, god makes them datar(giver).

To be continued:

tape 49 out of 81:

asaNkh soor muh bhakh saar.

People who has done asankh jaap of asankh God, get to sor gati ( state of knowledge) and have their body filled with light, they don't fear anyone nor they give fear to anyone.

Gurbani says: Ja Kar Har Rang Lago is jug mein, Sio kahit hai soora |

asaNkh mon liv laa-ay taar.

People who has done asankh jaap of asankh God, have their mind attuned to silence, without any waves of thoughts or desires occuring in their mind.

Then Gursikhs asked Guru Ji, please tell us how much strength is there in bhramgyani?

Guru Ji replied,

kudrat kavan kahaa veechaar

Nobody can narrate(vichar) how much kudrat, kavan shakti(energy) bhramgyani has?

One cannot even once do vichar on bhramgyani's and their powerful energy.

too sadaa salaamat nirankaar. ||17||

Sidhas requested Guru Ji to discuss next puari but from tamsi shristhi(tamo guni) context.

Asankh morakh asankh andh gor.

There are countless people who are ignorant because the way they speak, blind because their mind stays in dark and gor because they are violent.

asaNkh moorakh anDh ghor.

There are countless people who are theives and are biggest scoundrels out of all of them.

Gyani ji says, there are many types of theives and many types of thefts people commit for example- There is theft of money and then there is theft of mind in which people hide their wrongdoings from others, make it as if they were innocent, then there are those who don't meditate on God's name, they are also consider as theives in gurbani.

Gurbani says:: Taie Thahaskar Jo Naam Na Laaviae, Vaseh Kot Panchasa ||

To be continued:

tape 50 out of 81:

asaNkh amar kar jaahi jor.

There are countless people who impose their will by force onto others and glorify themselves.

asaNkh galvadh hati-aa kamaahi.

There are countless people who cut-throats and ruthless killers.people who cut throats for only tongue taste is ruthless killers.

Gyani ji shares another interpertation of this tuk- people who gal vadh(interupt while holy sermons are given, gurbani is recitten)commit killing of their own karma.

Gal(talking) nuo vadhna(interupt)

asaNkh paapee paap kar jaahi.

There are countless people who are sinners who keep on sinning because they don't realize.

asaNkh koorhi-aar koorhay firaahi.

There are countless people who are liars who wandering lost in their lies.

asaNkh malaychh mal bhakh khaahi.

There are countless people who eat flith as their ration.

asaNkh nindak sir karahi bhaar.

There are countless slanderers, carrying the weight of slandering they have done on their heads.

naanak neech kahai veechaar.

Nanak describes the state of the lowly.

I cannot even once do vichar on Vahiguroo and his powerful energy.

too sadaa salaamat nirankaar. ||18||

To be Continued:

tape 51 out of 81:

Guru ji says then:

asaNkh naav asaNkh thaav.

There are countless names, countless places of Vahiguroo.

Gurbani says: Kirtam Naam Kathaie teraie Jehbaha Satnaam Tera Paara Poorblaa ||

Gyani ji says: some school of thoughts consider existence of god only in west, some in east and yogis beleive in existence of God at dasam dwara(teenth door) they are not wrong when they say god exist in east or west or tenth door but it's wrong to say god "only" exist in certain direction because God lives everywhere- sarabvyapak.

agamm agamm asaNkh lo-a.

Vahiguroo is Inaccessible, unapproachable and gives countless celestial light and nourishment to its realms/creation.

asaNkh kehahi sir bhaar ho-ay.

There are countless people who did jaap of vahiguroo by putting their head against the floor and legs above and use the full wieght of their head to acheive him.

Gyani ji says: When child is in the womb, child does jaap of vahiguroo in that reverse posture as well via para bani* so that vahiguroo can let him out from garb jaun.

*Para Bani- When one recites naam in Nabhi(Navel) without moving tongue and with the thoughts.

To be continued:

tape 52 out of 81

akhree naam akhree saalaah.

One can only mediatate on Naam if they have Karma/writ of meditating on Naam written on their head; from the Word, comes Your Praise.

akhree gi-aan geet gun gaah.

Vahiguroo writes akhre(writ/karam) on this mortal being head then one acheives spiritual wisdom, and get a chance to sing his glory.

Gyani ji shares that Sant Mahapursh usually recommends that one should do naam jaap infront of siri guru granth sahib ji so that even if that person does not have karma to meditate will start meditating, their karma(lakhir) will gradually change day by day.

akhree likhan bolan baan.

Only by good karma(writ on one's head),one can write gurbani and speak words and hymns of Vahiguroo.

akhraa sir sanjog vakhaan.

Only by good karma one can get to their destiny.

jin ayhi likhay tis sir naahi.

Vahiguroo the One who wrote these Words of Destiny on this being and his creations , there no words are written on His Forehead.

jiv furmaa-ay tiv tiv paahi.

As Vahiguroo ordains, so do we receive.

jaytaa keetaa taytaa naa-o.

The Whole creation of this universe is the manifestation of Your Name and is made so that we can meditate on your Naam.

vin naavai naahee ko thaa-o.

Without Your Name, there is no place at all.

How can I describe Your Creative Power? How can even creative power describe you?

I cannot even once do vichar on you.

Whatever pleases You is only and only good.

too sadaa salaamat nirankaar. ||19||

Gursikhs then asked Guru ji, this buddhi which is very subtle and the dirtness on that buddhi(intelligence) which is also soo subtle, how can one's buddhi be clean and pure??

Guru Ji give gursikhs discourse in the next pauri.

bharee-ai hath pair tan dayh.

When the hands and the feet and the body are dirty,

paanee Dhotai utras khayh.

water can wash away that dirt.

moot paleetee kaparh ho-ay.

When the clothes are soiled and stained by urine,

day saaboon la-ee-ai oh Dho-ay.

soap can wash them clean.

To be Continued:

tape 53 out of 81:

bharee-ai mat paapaa kai sang.

when the intellect is stained and polluted by sin,

oh Dhopai naavai kai rang.

it can only be cleansed by the Love of the Name.

Then Gursikhs asked Guru Ji, if those who meditate on naam are punee or paapi?

punnee paapee aakhan naahi.

Person who meditates on Naam rises above from Virtues and vices. Person who does naam jaap enters realm of nishkhamta where one does good to humanity not to get awards in return but that attributes of pun becomes ingrained in him. They cannot be papee either because after when one starts to do naam jaap their previous sins get destroyed and they are able to observe and fully control their vices.

Bhramgyani is above from paap and puan.

kar kar karnaa likh lai jaahu.

The actions repeated, over and over again, are engraved on the subtle body which goes with us when we die.

aapay beej aapay hee khaahu.

You shall harvest what you plant.

naanak hukmee aavhu jaahu. ||20||

O Nanak, by the Hukam of God's Command, we come and go in reincarnation.

To be Continued:

tape 54 out of 81:

Gyani ji said- Guru Ji give updesh to gursikhs of the same puari but from spiritual context.

bharee-ai hath pair tan dayh.

When hands, the feet and the body are dirty with committing sins which are subtly engraved in the body.

Gyani ji shares an sakhi of how mardhana saw bhagayar animal who usually eats meat walked away from the dead body. First, he was about to eat meat of this dead body but when he heard rabi shabad kirtan by sri guru nanak dev ji he got vichar gyan and he didn't eat it even though he was extremely hungry. He sniffed the dead body's hand, he refused because this person has never done seva and he sniffed the dead's body leg he refused because this person used to go wrong places then he sniffed his heart, again he refused because this person didn't had any naam.

paanee Dhotai utras khayh.

Water in form of Sat/Sadh Sangat,Naam simran can wash away that dirt.

moot paleetee kaparh ho-ay.

When the clothes in form of body, mind are soiled and stained by urine(vikars/vices)

day saaboon la-ee-ai oh Dho-ay.

soap in form of Naam can wash them clean.

bharee-ai mat paapaa kai sang.

when the internal intellect is stained and polluted by subtle sins committed previous life-times ago,

oh Dhopai naavai kai rang.

it can only be cleansed by the Color of the Naam of Vahiguroo(Name of God).

To be Continued:

• The topic was unpinned