Should we have guru jis paintings in the Gurdwara

ggbb

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

No! we cant have the paintings in the gurdwara sahib! :) 

infact, we should not have them at all....

btw they are paintings made out of imagination.... not photographs wink2.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Agree :@

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Pictures will not help us across the world ocean as they will sink. So, there is no need to respect them. Not even bowing to them is alllowed. No sort of pooja murti is alllowed. And its true, we really dont need photos, but pictures can remind us

of our history. but they arent needed.

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

and once again agree :(

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

The problem is, almost every single painting/depiction of guru sahib today is WRONG!! they depict guru sahib very different from what he was. How many people know that Guru Hargobind Sahib was HUGE! or that Guru Gobind Singh Jee used to wear a tall nihang bunga with 7 chakars!

I hate these pictures, none of them can show the true beauty of my guru.

The problem is, almost every single painting/depiction of guru sahib today is WRONG!! they depict guru sahib very different from what he was. How many people know that Guru Hargobind Sahib was HUGE! or that Guru Gobind Singh Jee used to wear a tall nihang bunga with 7 chakars!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

THATS Excatly why not to have pictures..

when they make a WRONG IMAGE of the Guru's :T: :)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Guest balwinderkaur

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

THATS Excatly why not to have pictures..

when they make a WRONG IMAGE of the Guru's 

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

that makes so much sense.......but jkaurs point of kids visualising better with pictures....i think that should not be encouraged to a certain extent cuz we're juz allowing the wound to fester by passing on our ideas that guru looked like this to the next generation. im sure sikhi can be taught in other ways.....i.e computer game quizzes, magazines etc etc.

Fateh!

I personally think that pictures arent representative of what out gurus looked like however to make matters worse.. I went to a gurdwara in London where there was a picture of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and he had like 6 arms!!!!...Like one of these hindu gods or something... that was well weird!.. ohmy.gif i know that hindus consider Guru Nanak Dev Ji as a prophet to them aswell but then that picture shouldve stayed in a mandhar...

:)

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

i was just wondering...in Nanaksar Gurdwara they not only have pictures of the gurus, which i think is ok, but they also have pictures of other sants such as Baba Nand Singh jee

i know that most people regard him as a great spiritual person, but does his picture belong in the darbar? some people say there should be no pictures of other people...even if they were sants they were still mortals...however Guru jee himself talks about how great brahmgianis are MANY times in Sukhmani Sahib.

so do u think they should have pictures of sants or not and why/why not?

Guest balwinderkaur
so do u think they should have pictures of sants or not and why/why not?

I say no cuz sants are still humans...... no matter how good a brahmgyani they are....pasting their pictures might encourage human worship....this problem is already bad enough.,lets not encourage it further.

P.S.: Im not saying dont respect sants here. In my opinion the BEST way to respect a sant is to keep doing bani and naam jup.......cuz thaz wut they teach us to do....

I see no problem of having gurus, sants, famous sikh personalities pictures in the LIBRARY kind of room.. Just like many gurdwara langar hall do have shaheeds pictures.. We don't worsship them.. we respect em.. Picture is like the reminder !

BTW.. using pictures in main hall while having Guru Granth Sahib is there and putting garlands and those Smoke sticks things around pictures is just lil TOO much respect and kinda anti-sikh practice....

pictures are all good, as long as only guru sahibs pics are in the darbar sahib, and every1 else can be else where no matter how mahaan they where...but definatly there is a must for pictures of gurus and mahaan gur-sikhs.

PS: NANAK SAAR HAS EM WEIRD, THEY PUT BABA NAND SINGH JI'S PIC WITH MORE IMPORTANCE THEN SIRI GURU NANAK DEV JI MAHARAJ :)