How do you meditate?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru jee ka khalsa! waheguru jee kee fateh!!

i lack knowledge of history....so i can't say that what i feel and have learnt is backed up by history...

one thing i do know...is that the last stage of simran is Sahij...and it says so in Bani...

and how can u be so sure that the method u are talking about is the most fruitful and beneficial?? i knwo there are ochay gursikhs who have attained high levels of spirituality doing simran that way...but i also know many gursikhs who did simran differently...slow and steady...and they have attained high spiritual levels as well...

naam is a very personal thing...whether u do it in saad sangath...or alone...it's a very individual thing...and it's not the method that makes simran beneficial or fruitful...it's the piyaar...dedication...and faith that the Gursikh has while doing simran that makes every saas worthwhile...

bhul chuck maaf karna

sandeep kaur

I am really trying my best to explain this, I just lack the intelligence.

Saas giraas was done by every jatha etc, its not a stage or simran but a style and way of doing it that guru sahib taught, which is most fruitful/beneficial.

Since the sgpc's inception they have slowly STOPPED teaching saas giraas and only god knows why, slowly that is spreading to other jathas as well like some taksals. Taksal still gives it on the most part but some dont. just like a lot of hte panth still does it, some doesnt, because of the sgpc, which also says to only do 3 bani nitnem and its ok to eat meat etc..

so there are a few amritdharis that did not take amrit at an amrit sanchar where naam drirh was given. Meaning panj didnt teach them.

Also saas giraas can be done in sangat. There is tradition that amritvela is done at many gurudwaras in india including harmandir sahib. Guards are posted at the door to make sure non amritdharis do not enter. This practice is also done in england i beleive where huge amounts of gursikhs get together and do amritvela. This is a tradition since guru sahibs time that saas giraas is an experience between gursikhs, as outsiders and non amritdharis (even those with an idea of what it is) wont quite undersatnd the amazing spiritual experiences.

Anyway I am kind of getting off topic. That description on that site (which seems to be hindu) is also the same thing that SDO says. If panj did not tell yo

u not to share it, did they even teach you? if so are you sure they didnt say not to share it? i have never heard of such a mistake!

Even in old books, historical accounts its said that panj give hukam not to share it. Its sad that slowly rehats and naam drirh are dissapearing from panthic amrit sanchars.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

"Taksal still gives it on the most part but some dont. just like a lot of hte panth still does it, some doesnt"

Damdami Taksal do not teach a PHYSICAL TECHNIQUE of saas giraas and as far as i am aware they never have.

Please do not attribute things to other Sampardas/organisations/individuals unless you know that what you are saying is correct.

Nobody has a monopoly on Puran Pavittar Naam Vahiguru.

To say that there is a difference between an Amritdhari doing Naam Simran of Vahiguru and non-Amritdhari, is to say that Amritdhari is thinking he/she is higher in status to non-Amritdhari.

Where is Nimrata in Amritdhari nowadays?You are supposed to see your Self in all, when you are Amritdhari, not to seperate yourself from rest of humanity.

Amritdhari...Amrit...is everywhere.Inside, outside is Amrit, when you are Amritdhari, chhak Khande Ka Pahul.

Vahiguru Vahiguru Vahiguru...Vahiguru Naam is That(?).

Confu Singh, you are mistaken and I could get you signed papers from a good 100 taksali veers saying they were taught saas giraas at a taksali amrit sanchar, but thats pointless.

Regarding sandeep kaurs post, bhenji, Saas giraas is not about hardcore fast crazy simran, though it can be. It depends on the person and situation. Some people do it very slowly where it doesnt even sound the same, yet it is still saas giraas. I have yet to hear of an ucha avastha gursikhs who wasnt taught saas giraas or wasnt taught by guru sahib through how much pyaar they had.

also, hari singh jee,

I am no better than dirt myself, but to say an amritdhari has no advantage over a non amritdhari is ridiculous. If that were true then what would be the point of amrit? It would be useless, and that is blasphemy.

Amrit is all important and without amrit, we have no chance in the world.

also, hari singh jee,

I am no better than dirt myself, but to say an amritdhari has no advantage over a non amritdhari is ridiculous. If that were true then what would be the point of amrit? It would be useless, and that is blasphemy.

Amrit is all important and without amrit, we have no chance in the world.

^_^^_^