Going Out With Muslim

Guest concerned singh

Guest concerned singh

theres a girl in my class i dont know her. anyway i found out from a freind shes going out with a muslim.

like she wants to eventually marry him...

some people said get to know her nd get her in sangat but im not the kinda singh that goes up gettin to know girls.. i try keep my self in small friend circle.

ok wot should i do...

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguruji ke fateh

Pyare jio, there is no harm in approaching bibian to inform them of Sikh Youth programmes. I know of Sikhs boys and girls who even went as far as conversion, but with pyaar, they have come back.

It is always akward approaching girls you do not know. But you are not chatting them up. Your emotions are pure.

Girls are only funny if they think you are after them. But if you are a proper Gursikh, everyone around will know. Then girls know you are not trying to chat them up, but instead just informing them of where sangat is.

I have been in this situation at sixth fgorm and uni. i always approached them. I have always found communication is essential to keep youth in sikhi. The only reason she is going out with a muslim, is because he is communicating with her.

By the way, making sure she is and your are not a victim of rumours.

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguruji ke fateh

VJKK VJKF

This is a difficult situation because there is no communication.

Start to chat to her, or just a simple "What was the homework for Thursday?" would create communication and common ground. If you do not feel confident enough to approach this gal whether it is because of social dividing or peer pressure, ask a friend to help you and let them try to assist her.

Now some people may interpret what I'm saying as trying to ask the gyal out. However, if I was in her position, I would feel intimidated and uncomfortable if some next Singh came up to me and started preaching about Sikhi. People in general need someone who they can trust, and who they feel comfortable talking to about personal feelings and hesitations.

Be a friend to all not a stranger to some.

All the best

well i get random ppl come up to me at college and start a convo and i just back off lol, its like hold on a sec, i got my friends u got ur friends and lets keep it that way lol..... thats if they make a silly excuse to talk.

i mean asking abt homework may not be a good idea if she knows u could have just asked ur friend lol although sinner total respect to ur idea.

speaking from experience, well everyone diff., but i wouldnt mind ppl talking to me if they want to find out some info abt something and then they start a convo, so it sort of flows, like i was giving out leaflets the other day for a talk on iraq i think it was and sp many ppl started random convos but that i didnt mind, didnt seem bad but normal so ...

SO just get some leaflets for an event, give them out and start convos with ppl as u give em out like telling them to come and asking them if they got any interest in the talk and then u finally get to her lol and say oh ur sikh lol and then be like oh sikh soc, gosh me and my trying to convert lol.

its upto u really, u wanna try then safe try but dont just be friendly to her but everyone around u.