Singhniyah

Guest _Kaur_

For an example say if a 10 or 12 year old takes Amrit because many do at that age, how can he or she do all the nitnem. Usually they start with japji sahib, and work their way up thought out life. And yes, I belive that nitnem is minimum requirment for Sikhs, but as you know many Sikhs miss their Amritvela, or they dont do all their paat, I am saying that they should work up to it, and do more and more. But I am sorry I made it seem like I was saying it is ok to take Amrit knowing that you will not be able to spend that much time on prayers.

As for the Kakkars I believe they are very important, dont get me wrong, I have my kakkar on 24/7, sleeping, basketball, school, I could not live without them. Each kakkar is a religious symbol but is also useful for something, for an example the Kirpan, keep it right infront of me on the shower handle, instead of keeping it on my head. or the kachera I get in the shower take it off, and put it on before getting out, instead of doing one leg in new-one and one leg in old-one strategy as it is still coming off either way.

VJKK

VJKF

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

If the Kashera does leave the body by accident, then you are to approach "Five Singhs" who will do Ardas for you and give you a punishment. If the Kangha, Kirpan and Kara leave the body you can do an Ardas yourself, but if the Kashera leaves the body only "Five Singhs" can do the Ardas.

If on the other hand you pluck, cut, burn or chemically/surgically remove any of your kesh, the fifth kakaar which guru sahib has blessed us with, you need to go and pesh.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Hmm okay... So why is it that your kechara is more important than kesh, kara, kanga and kirpan??

Why do you have to approach panj pyare if your kechara leaves your body, but if it's one of the other 5 K's you can do an Ardaas ???

:lol:

i've never heard of these so-called pesh rules for kakkars...we were simply told to do your best to keep your kakaars on at all times...if by circumstance you do leave a kakkar away from you for some time, do ardas and guru ji is bakhshanhaar...

i don't see removing my kakkars as any worse than missing amritvela...if you're going to do peshi for removing your kakkar...we should also be doing it for missing amritvela...and if that was the case...a lot of us would be doing peshi...which is ridiculous

Hmm okay... So why is it that your kechara is more important than kesh, kara, kanga and kirpan??

Why do you have to approach panj pyare if your kechara leaves your body, but if it's one of the other 5 K's you can do an Ardaas ???

:lol:

132819[/snapback]

you dont al kakars are equal. for the removal of any of the 5 kakaars an ardaas is required. for the removal of kes though pesh is required

Guest S 1 N G H N 3 3
Sangath Jio,

I came across a Singhnee, happened to be my sister in law's friend and she's just recently had a baby. And she was saying that after a Singhnee gives birth she needs 2 re-take Amrit again, is this true? ...  grin.gif

I've never come across this untill this Singhnee told me now I'm totally confused  wacko.gif .

132580[/snapback]

Well it depends really I would say, i actualy had thought that if hairs removed by some1 else then you don't need 2 re-take Amrit, Ardaas would be OK. (As u didn't personnaly yourself want to remove hair) because in some circumstances the nurses have to remove hair in order for the child's protection.

I would personaly say if you're in doubt then it's up to you really whether you want to re take Amrit or not. I could be wrong !