Anger

Guest Guest

I had to go to my cousin's wedding and knowing the fact that there was gonna be all the ritualistic stuff, party and all that, I still had to go for family reasons.

MY mom supported me all through in not getting involved in many things but there got a point where i just could not handle it.

I missed doing my simran and Keertan and this is waht happens when you listen to Bhangra!! Trust me, this is soooo true and it happened to me.

I could not get along with anyone there apart from a few people, there were sooo many beadbis when Guru Granth Saheb Ji was brought at the place. I wanted to yell, anger was taking over but I still tried to take it in. Then the wedding was pretty much more Hindu than Sikh apart from Lavaan.

Its like most around you are forcing you to take off your dastaar, wear all fancy but one word to them is not enough so you have to YELL back...

Now the part comes where you say "thats it", the Bhangra songs... drunk people.... I could not even close my ears coz the music was soo loud. AND my anger kept raising higher and higher and by the time we got out of there, I SHOUTED AT the elders and complained about all that went wrong.

I shouted, created a scene and then cried and came back feeling all guilty for showing disrespect and being angry.. :lol:

waht do you do when you have to be around people who have no respect watsoever for your values?

wel if they were not showing respect then couldnt u butt in and like just say excuse me u good for nuttings but this aint the done thing in sikhi, this is how it is done and then show them.

ok im assuming u were not someone thrown to the side in the wedding cos u had the guts to shout and scream so why not do all that at the time it most mattered?

The Chaor Saheb jee was being picked from the other side just swinging when they were taking Maharaj jee to Gurudvara saheb. I would have spoken up but I was refused to when i went up there, they told me it was gonna create a scene infront of the "Kuri valey"

and yes I was sorta left to the side... couldnt say much without anger no.gif