Eggs ?

Guest guest

Milk : food for calfs. but humans also consume it.

Unfertilised egg  - no reproductive use and it can be used for food

When people think about eggs they always think there is a chick inside. This is far from reality.  Others think you are on about Egg bank.

As i asked before... how people know if the egg is fertilised/unfertilised when a hen lays it off? Considering that unfertilised egg doent have life.... what if you eat a fertilised egg(which surely has reproductive use) thinking its unfertilised......

This unfertilised egg ideology is similar to "jhatka" concept..... since guruji banned kutha (interpreted as muslim way of butchring), which was the ONLY kind available till somebody coined the term "Jhatka"........

As to the Panj Piare telling you not to eat egg, why are they disrespecting the 1980 Hukumnama ?

As i posted before hukumnama of sri guru hargobindji, telling sikhs to stay away from maas- machi..... then why akal thakt disrespected guruji's hukumnama in 1980?

The veggie diet is a new concept in Sikhi.  If you visit the Sikhs in Afghanistan and Pakistan (who have escaped from the brahmin influences the Sikhs in India have absorbed) you would see that eating meat is not a taboo for them.

My dear friend sikhs in india are not only influenced by bhramins but to muslim pirs as well..... i'm sure if you go and see sikhs in afghanistan and pak you would see meat eating is not a taboo for them, but so would be some other non sikh activites they might be indulging in.....

Also as you stated earlier that cows are constantly made preganent so as to get milk from them.......By that process we are NOT KILLING a creature to satisfy our taste buds..... a cow would have gotten pregnent every now and then...... so its not that it is being tortured and killed..... also people who keep them take good care of them and feed them properly.

Bhul chuk maaf

133826[/snapback]

Cows in dairy farms barely get 2 or 3 months before they are impregnated again. Can you imagine a woman having to endure such things ?

Also the level of intensive breeding has led to very bad health problem for cows. See my post in the Subway thread (general section) whereI have detailed the problems.

133954[/snapback]

Veerji can you answer my other questions too......

fateh!

134030[/snapback]

Guru Hargobind Jis Hukum is addressed to the sangat of the east. It was found at Patna Sahib. The writing on this Hukumnama differs from Guru Hargobind Jis writing elsewhere

Why were Sikhs allowed to eat the meat of horses during a siege ? Surly it is better to die than disobey the Hukum of the Guru ?

Did Guru Gobind Singh Ji not cook meat at the house of Madho Dass and in another instance feed meat to brahmins ? Would Guru Gobind Singh Ji have disobeyed the hukumnama of Guru Hargobind Ji ?

Accounts of Jassa Singh Ahluwalia who was known as 'Guru Ka Lal' mention he eat meat. Considering he was close to Mata Sundri Ji and like a son to her do you think he would disobey the Hukum of Guru Ji ?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When people think about eggs they always think there is a chick inside. This is far from reality.  Others think you are on about Egg bank.

As i asked before... how people know if the egg is fertilised/unfertilised when a hen lays it off? Considering that unfertilised egg doent have life.... what if you eat a fertilised egg(which surely has reproductive use) thinking its unfertilised......

This unfertilised egg ideology is similar to "jhatka" concept..... since guruji banned kutha (interpreted as muslim way of butchring), which was the ONLY kind available till somebody coined the term "Jhatka"........

As to the Panj Piare telling you not to eat egg, why are they disrespecting the 1980 Hukumnama ?

As i posted before hukumnama of sri guru hargobindji, telling sikhs to stay away from maas- machi..... then why akal thakt disrespected guruji's hukumnama in 1980?

The veggie diet is a new concept in Sikhi.  If you visit the Sikhs in Afghanistan and Pakistan (who have escaped from the brahmin influences the Sikhs in India have absorbed) you would see that eating meat is not a taboo for them.

My dear friend sikhs in india are not only influenced by bhramins but to muslim pirs as well..... i'm sure if you go and see sikhs in afghanistan and pak you would see meat eating is not a taboo for them, but so would be some other non sikh activites they might be indulging in.....

Also as you stated earlier that cows are constantly made preganent so as to get milk from them.......By that process we are NOT KILLING a creature to satisfy our taste buds..... a cow would have gotten pregnent every now and then...... so its not that it is being tortured and killed..... also people who keep them take good care of them and feed them properly.

Bhul chuk maaf

133826[/snapback]

Cows in dairy farms barely get 2 or 3 months before they are impregnated again. Can you imagine a woman having to endure such things ?

Also the level of intensive breeding has led to very bad health problem for cows. See my post in the Subway thread (general section) whereI have detailed the problems.

133954[/snapback]

fateh!

134030[/snapback]

Guru Hargobind Jis Hukum is addressed to the sangat of the east. It was found at Patna Sahib. The writing on this Hukumnama differs from Guru Hargobind Jis writing elsewhere

Why were Sikhs allowed to eat the meat of horses during a siege ? Surly it is better to die than disobey the Hukum of the Guru ?

Did Guru Gobind Singh Ji not cook meat at the house of Madho Dass and in another instance feed meat to brahmins ? Would Guru Gobind Singh Ji have disobeyed the hukumnama of Guru Hargobind Ji ?

Accounts of Jassa Singh Ahluwalia who was known as 'Guru Ka Lal' mention he eat meat. Considering he was close to Mata Sundri Ji and like a son to her do you think he would disobey the Hukum of Guru Ji ?

134262[/snapback]

Thanks for tasking out time to reply to one question..... i'm still clueless about the other 2 questions i asked you. Hope to hear from you soon on them....

Fateh

Bhul chuk maaf

133826[/snapback]

133954[/snapback]

fateh!

134030[/snapback]

134262[/snapback]

Thanks for tasking out time to reply to one question..... i'm still clueless about the other 2 questions i asked you. Hope to hear from you soon on them....

Fateh

134301[/snapback]

Well in the mean time why dont you respond to his post, instead of avoiding it?

Bhul chuk maaf

133826[/snapback]

133954[/snapback]

fateh!

134030[/snapback]

134262[/snapback]

Fateh

134301[/snapback]

134326[/snapback]

i dont want to reply as I dont think he provided with strong proofs for his points....

is sangat in east different from west?..... and the hukumnama mentioned among others from guru sahib and so far no one has raised objection to it.

As for "Guru ka lal" , what would you call sant jarnail singh khalsa as? is he not guru ka lal? there are ample proofs where is preaches against meat.

Now i'm waiting for my other answers.

Fateh!

Bhul chuk maaf

133826[/snapback]

133954[/snapback]

fateh!

134030[/snapback]

134262[/snapback]

Fateh

134301[/snapback]

134326[/snapback]

i dont want to reply as I dont think he provided with strong proofs for his points....

is sangat in east different from west?..... and the hukumnama mentioned among others from guru sahib and so far no one has raised objection to it.

As for "Guru ka lal" , what would you call sant jarnail singh khalsa as? is he not guru ka lal? there are ample proofs where is preaches against meat.

Now i'm waiting for my other answers.

Fateh!

134329[/snapback]

Guru Hargobind Ji is said to have written the Hukumnama so dont question me as to east and west sangat. Plenty of people have questioned its authenticity and asked for it to be dated using techniques similar to the one used to date the Tourin Shroud.

Mata Sundri Ji kept Baba Jassa Singh Ji Ahluwalia. He was so close to her that he was referred to as Guru Ka Lal by people of that era. Do you think such a staunch follower of Guru Ji would eat meat if it had been wrong ? same goes for other people of note from that period in history.

>My dear friend sikhs in india are not only influenced by bhramins but to muslim pirs >as well..... i'm sure if you go and see sikhs in afghanistan and pak you would see >meat eating is not a taboo for them, but so would be some other non sikh activites >they might be indulging in.....

The pir influence is minimal and tiny comapred to the brahmin influence. I have travelled as far as I could up to Peshawar and seen how the Sikhs there live. They freely admit they do Jhatka. It is the brahmin influence which has led to the explosion in Sikh veggies (who like milk). The only other cultural (not religious) difference I could see was that they did intermarry to second cousins etc, then again I know this occurs within certain other "groups" who are of the Sikh faith like those who procalim they are batra.

>Also as you stated earlier that cows are constantly made preganent so as to get >milk from them.......By that process we are NOT KILLING a creature to satisfy our >taste buds..... a cow would have gotten pregnent every now and then...... so its not >that it is being tortured and killed..... also people who keep them take good care of >them and feed them properly.

In a natural environment cows are not pregnant all year. Study the habbits of Mithun in India and other wild cows across the world and you will understand this.

As for torture you do not appear to understand modern day dairy farming. A distant relative in India used to be a proper dairy farmer (he had a well bred jersey or holstein herd, milking machines etc, this was in 1980s Punjab). He told of the problems the cows had due to the way their breed had been developed and how this led to illness etc because of the need to keep them constantly pregnant.

(from Subway thread)

After calving most dairy cows are impregnated again after only 2/3 months. Lactation can be for close to 300 days so a cow could be pregnant and lactating for 210 days. Disgusting hey ?

Intensive breeding programs coupled with special foods means that cows produce upto 10 times more milk than a calf requires (calfs do not get this milk anyway). As a result of the emphasis on breeding high yielding cows they are prone to diseases like mastitis, lameness (due to having large udders as I mentioned above), ruminal acidosis, ketosis and parturient hypocalcaemia which casues heart problems.

So please stop pretending that milk is not harmful to cows and you are doing cows a favour by buying the milk. Just remember you are supporting the dairy industry which baltantly abuses animals for economic profit. Of cause I apologise if you do not buy dairy milk and have your own cow which you look after properly or buy milk from such a source.

Eggs in supermarkets are in the main from farms where laying hens are kept in large sheds. No Kookar (Cockeral) is let into these sheds. This is a fact. Same with free range eggs it is very rare to get a kookar roaming with the laying hens.

Bhul chuk maaf

wjkk

wjkf

when i was a child i was very fond of going to diaries and there i saw enormous cruelities to animals done by humans.majority of calves of buffaloes

dies from hunger.i respect vegetarians as they do not want to hurt animals

but when they argue that milk is not bad .then there is only one word for them hypocrit

Why were Sikhs allowed to eat the meat of horses during a siege ?

WJKK WJKF

wat siege n the chalee muktaey wudnt hav left if they cud eat there own horses

n if milk is ONLY given to the calf itll b 2 much leftova as dey only drink it 4 lilbit

bhul chuk maaf

WJKK WJKF

134351[/snapback]

wjkk

wjkf

many vegetarians like maneka gandhi are arguing against milk also.don't think that cow is happily giving its milk.and this is false that calf drink only a little milk

and the remaining milk is leftover

Why were Sikhs allowed to eat the meat of horses during a siege ?

WJKK WJKF

wat siege n the chalee muktaey wudnt hav left if they cud eat there own horses

n if milk is ONLY given to the calf itll b 2 much leftova as dey only drink it 4 lilbit

bhul chuk maaf

WJKK WJKF

134351[/snapback]

Read a few history books and most will mention the siege where horse meat was eaten. If you want to dispute it then feel free. Just remember that many doubt the authenticity of the Hukumnama of Guru Hargobind Ji. At least the Hukumnama can be date tested to prove whether it is authentic.

Also read up on the dispute between the Bandei and the Khalsa. Again amongst the differences mentioned veggie diet is one.

As to too much milk. It is due to intense breeding that cows now have 10 times more milk than a calf requires (the calf does not get it anyway). This as mentioned before means the cows have huge udders which cause them numerous problems (see my last post).