Parents & Swearing

Guest _simran_

Guest _simran_

wjkkahlsa wjkfateh

sangat jio, what do i do.. my mom constantly calls me a b****, and yells. my dad tells me im a bad daughter...

....................... no.gifcry_smile.gif ................. wahegurooo

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is horrible.. i pity u! no.gif

well.. teh first question you may want to ask urself is tht is there a reason why your parents are behaving the way they are? Liek did u do something that upsetted them? and how can you change that? Second of all.. you may want to sit down adn talk to them... share ur feelings adn what you dont like what ur parenst are doin....but if ur parents are continuely swearing at you.. for no reason.. then you may want to talk to one of ur close relatives. and tell them ur promblem!

Usually when parents get ticked off... they dont liek what ur doin.. so u may want to make up for it.. by doing soemthing that will please them...

i hope this helps.... blush.gif

Good Luck!

Fateh!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

hmm...i have parents who dont respect most of the things i do, just because my sister gets all A+'s , and i get A's and B+'s and B's... my mom yells at me for no reason, but i do know that she does this because im a teen now, and that she thinks all teens are bad, even though she compares me to so many people all the time. and the funny things is that she compares me to people who have jobs and who are like 5 or more years older than me. (im 17)....

bhen ji, if you dont mind, how old are you?

if youre a teen, then i can understand why your mom and dad are doing all of this. ever since i started high school, (grade 9) my mom has been calling me names and she says REALLY bad things about me, which are so bad that i cant even tell anyone....... if you know what i mean...

and i didnt do anything wrong to make her do this to me... i just became a teen.

my mom even says things like "I dont want to talk to you because youre a teenager now."

it depends on how you live bhen ji. did you ever do something that your parents didnt want you to do? even if it was very little, it might be one of the problems, because punjabi parents (especially mothers) make a great big deal out of nothing...

it also could be beacuse of your parents being in depression, and maybe you dont know it. (my mom and dad dont tell me ANYTING. i have to find out for myself.) they could be mad at something or someone else, and put all the anger towards yelling at you and stuff... talk to them and ask them if everyhting is ok.

do simple things like "hold the door for mommy and daddy. and ask your parents how their day was at work. try to make them laugh.

dont argue. punjabi parents think that whenever their children say something, they are argueing. rolleyes.gif:)wacko.gif

and most importantly, show your interest in studying ..in shcool and stuff. punjabi parents like that the most from their kids.

i really hope that helped. good luck bhen ji! pray.gifrespect.gif

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

hey yeah i agree with you... thts soo much with punjabi families.. but it makes me sick sometimes. ohmy.gif . cuz even my mom will give examples to ppl tht are liek 100x older than me.. its funny so i ingnore alot it :doh:

but yeah stick in.. and try to do things tht will make ur parenst feel happy.. adn study study study!!! :)

I think it might be that there s alot of stress so they take it out on u maybe?

Maybe this is a dum example but my mum calls me kuttieh lol not cos she angry but when we laughing cos she knows it annoys me if someone even says shut up.

so now applying that to u, maybe they say it to hurt u for whatever reason and not really cos they think u a bad person.

your dad, well the one way i get on my dad's nerves is when i answer him back, that makes any dad think he got something even his enemy dont deserve lol.

But I really think u either done something to hurt them or they just having a hard time themselves, be nice to them and dont be rude but stand up and tell them how u feel and to stop. Eventually I hope they will listen, and ur their daughter, its not like theu dont love u but sometimes they fail to understand how we feel.

BTW most of us get sworn at, hopefully this will make u smile and assure u ur not in a bad situation, i read it on Tapoban by Kulbir Singh who said:

he listened to his voicemail and it was from a woman who didnt really mean to record anything, she thought she had hung up so she continued to swear at her daughter and was saying, I'm gonna kill u u so and so female dog etc cos my name is Jageero and that Jageero (SGPC woman) killed her daughter and I wont spare u either kutteeeeeeieh. Well he heard all that lol.

I'm sure ur mum isnt that bad lol, screaming to kill u? haha.

end note, being called a b**** isnt really something some auntijis consider to be a bad thing so i dont think they realise how much they hurting u so talk.

fateh jio, its me.. who started this topic.. to be in more detail.. what happens is.. if my grades are below a 95.. i get called stupid.. and all that.. and when my moms mad.. im a b****... when my dads mad, all of a sudden they think im the worst daughter in the wrld.. my mom constantly says.. ' all she does is go on the vaja, and go on the computer' as i dont spend time.. on my studies? thats all i do at lunches.. they dont understand me.. the more.. they say.. the mre distant i become.. ive never told anyone this in my entire life.. but.. maybe onday i'll open up an reveal who i am, or maybe i wont... but.. why do i let it get to m so much?... it shudnt... ahh waheguroo.