Lust

Guest Guest

wjkk wjkf, pyari sangat ji, cud ne1 help me. With guru ji's awesome blessings, i can say with confidence that i absolutely LOVE keertan. but wen in the outside world away from it my eyes wonder and lust kicks in. i need help bcus i know my guru is with me always and i'm ashamed after running my thoughts over. But lust gets the better of me and so i have little control ovr my thoughts during lust. snagat ji. i beeseech you...gimme advice to help change mylife

buy an Ipod...

stick the headphones in ur ears and never take em out!!

alwayz works 4 meeeeee

easier said then done but....try to not think about who u looking at etc. try to keep in ur mind the kirtan. example...try to remember the next line in the shabad?? or go with the tabla beat?? anything!!

works 4 me blush.gif

well what if u did MoolMantar paath or maybe if u alone then close ur eyes and picture yourself in a Gurdwara Sahib and oh I did that once cos I just felt like it lol but I dont know what effect it has on reducing kaam, I'm just saying that it makes u just want to be with Guru Ji.

And when u want to be there then kaam cant get in hunna?

Gosh ppl someone help the guy, its a gupt part of the forum, he is desperate for advice and some of u must have some tried and tested advice to give.

ppl............................................?? Or maybe not?

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

My advice to is that stop lust as soon as possible, dont just think that it is ok to lust today, and that you will solve the lusting problem another day. Make a promise with yourself right now, dont lust for 40 days, after that it easier, because you become determined. And also analyze the situation, why are u lusting? its becasue of flesh!!! think how rediculious it is to lust after flesh, and lust has the same result over and over again its really pointless. So make a pact with youself, with the Guru, with GOD.

try this...it has been used by buddhist Monks perhaps it will help you out. so next time you walk keep you gaze downwards, do not look up. while looking down, start your jap/simran. Do not look so far down that you cannot see what is in front of you and you trip and fall. But keep you head down a bit where you eyes do not wander around. Don't forget to do your simran/jap. Try it and see if it works for you. :)

btw i should mention that this is obviously not a permanent solution rather it will give your mind some space and time to strengthen itself to your desire.

Also UntitledSingh has provided very good advice, take the time to contemplate on the desire, try to understand its source.

Guest -pure-dirt-

Hi, Ive been reading many articles in the gupt section, even though I'm not a member, but I felt that I should share my problems too.

I've been into Sikhism for quite some time now, and I felt that my kaam levels went down to a minimal. However, this morning what happened, I felt like killing myself :'(and You will be Disgusted.

I woke up to do nitnem as usual, but was tired more than usual, so I just hurried through it since i was sleepy. I went back to sleep and then had a dirty dream. I've had these kind of dreams before, stopped over 6 months ago, but This was worse. The girl that was involved with me, was my blood sister.

I dont have a clue how to see it in a positive way, I cant say "atleast this didnt happen" because this is the WORST EVER. I felt so depressed, I didnt want to wake up, I wanted to stay in bed, and wake up to find out it was all a dream, but it wasnt. I found 1 of my kakars wet. I wear my kakars even thought im not amritshak. I was hoping to be but now feel that i dont desrve it. I cant even look in the mirror now.

I dont know what to do cry_smile.gif i hate myself. Can anyone help me???