Sadness

Guest ~*satnaaam

i don't think ANY of us have any excuses to be sad... we're SO fortunate compared to others.. we have plenty of sangat around... some more then others.. we have a family.. we have friends.. we have food, shelter, and clothing.. and most importantly we have GOD... we gotta stop feelin sorry for ourselves and stop taking things too personally.. obviously there's gonna tuff times in our lives.. but we gotta get through them... can't waste time feel depressed and upset.. wha's that gonna accomplish?.. no matter what happens in our life.. gotta realize that GOD is ALWAYZ there wit us....

Gotta realize HOW fortunate we are, 'big bhagaa satsang na labai'...... 'jai har simran bhaeaa tai ubhaad gat keenee, vadbhagee har japnaa'.... and there's many more .. Guru jee even says only the most fortune find the True Congregation (satsangat)... we must look at how much we have compared to other, the less fortunate... look at all those dying of aids in other countries, or even those in war-torn countries... we are BLESSED... we have something that probably the other 98% of the world does not have!

so be HAPPY!!! :) .... smile... GOD is ALWAYZ with you... gotta focus our time and energy on the ALMIGHTY, he'll take care of EVERYTHING ELSE... everything happens according to HIS will... so... just think... wow... God has given us so much... what else in this world do u need except Seva, Simran, Sangat?

VAHEGURU.... VAHEGURU..... VAHEGURU... :doh: ...

DHAN GURU NANAK... DHAN SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JEE... DHAN GURU GOBIND SINGH SAHIB JEE.... DHAN GURU, DHAN GURU PIYARAY...

VAHEGURU TAYRAA SHUKAR HAI... :doh:

lol jaspaul tongue.gif bles u

OK, Now The Main Bit

Well think.. WAHEGURU. :) i mean.. SADA ANG SANGGE ABHANGANG BIPPOOOTE. He is with us everywhere..so close to us, like a father huggin his son cry_smile.gif he is sooo amazing .. he doesnt EVER let go!! WE the ones who look away!!

"So Why Am I Sad?"

There are 2 reasons: You are sad because Guru ji is testing ur faith, or He's helping u to get a higher avastha.

Think: DUKH DAROO SUKH ROG PEYA.. JA SUKH TAAM NA HOEE: sadness = medicine and Happiness = illness. WHY? Because you won't remember God in good times..

This sadness gives you a chance to see, how the world will never understand why your sad. Only He will. Only HE will listen to you, as you softly weep at night. Only He will listen to you when your heart is crying. All the relationships are just "LEKHA JHOKA" so to speak. These too are tests (for Moh) and gifts from THe Akaal.

"So, What Shall I do?"

Naam Jap. I know I know everyone says that.. but listen, Try to direct your sadness towards Him and think that your sandess is caused by your longing to meet Him. At amritvela, or any quiet time actually, Sit down on hard floor, back straight and think about everything in this World. The way Universe is Expanding into nothingness. The way big flowersgrow form tiny seedlings. How the Earth was formed. All the power of Akaal!

Forget what scientists say, I mean, look they cant GIVE life. They can help reproduction but not make a soul/conscience. Scientists now are studying hwo the brain thinks, got billions dollars worth of equipment and becharre still trying.. lol but ill let them pass their time huna tongue.gif

Back to the point, God is sooo amazing! You are breathing because of him, Every single PARTICLE in th e wholeee universe, matter/non-matter ALL is GOD. He is SOO amazing! and then when you get that feelign when you think WOW. Say "WAHH!!" and then "GURU" (WAh = wow, Guru = refers to AKAL) Praise Him, how he can create and destroy.

Smile, as you observe the BEAUTY of nature. WOW could anyone make something so DAZZLING? its soo amazing! How God can do all this.

And remember, He is always within you. Then you'll have the feeling of happiness come back in, you happy 2 feel sad, because this feelign leads to a state of BAIRAAG - the WANT, the NEED to meet Him.

"I think I need a Head Start.."

Listen to bairaag-type keertans, if you need any I'm more than happy to email you them :doh: They give me the feeling of a a knot in my throat as in I'm about to cry, that bairaag.. i think. You might get a different feeling. But whatever it is, you will want to feed it, and THIS itself will make you do Naam Simran.

End.. at last..

OK, sorry for taking so much forum space and ur valuable time blush.gif I may have repeated myself loads of times.. I'm sorry just got a bit carried away.

any questions??

If you learn/appreciate the content of this article, its because it's from Guru Ji. If you feel that there are mistakes/Wrong info in it.. thats me. rolleyes.gif

Take care :TH:

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I think this problem can be quite common, i get sad at times aswell that only when i dont get my balance of Gurbani right.

If i dont concentrate on Gurbani i feel really down the rest of the day, as if i wasted my whole day!

So i suggest listen to Gurbani at certain times of the day and stick to it- dont say doesnt matter ill listen later- coz thats what youll end up doing all the time, and youll feel even worse.

Think that Sikhi is progressing with u, and your becoming closer to your destination to Waheguru. That should lift your spirit.

Also think about how fortunate we are... 2 arms and legs that work etc.

Also dont watch too much Tv and computer. Do active things, sports and exercise. that will make you feel better about yourself.

Make sure you have a good balanced diet as if you eat too much sugar etc that can make you feel depressed too

Hope that helped.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Make sure you have a good balanced diet as if you eat too much sugar etc that can make you feel depressed too
ohmy.gif it gets mye hypa!! lol tongue.gif ok ok me jsut being stupid. must be the caffiene den..
  think this problem can be quite common, i get sad at times aswell that only when i dont get my balance of Gurbani right.

If i dont concentrate on Gurbani i feel really down the rest of the day, as if i wasted my whole day!

SOO TRUE!!! :) BANG on the nail 4 me

Amazing shabad to fight the Sadness:

kwhy mn qU folqw hir mnsw pUrxhwru ]

kaahae man thoo ddolathaa har manasaa pooranehaar ||

Why do you waver, O my mind? The Lord is the Fulfiller of hopes and desires.

siqguru purKu iDAwie qU siB duK ivswrxhwru ]

sathigur purakh dhhiaae thoo sabh dhukh visaaranehaar ||

Meditate on the True Guru, the Primal Being; He is the Destroyer of all pains.

hir nwmw AwrwiD mn siB iklivK jwih ivkwr ]

har naamaa aaraadhh man sabh kilavikh jaahi vikaar ||

Worship and adore the Lord's Name, O my mind; all sins and corruption shall be washed away.

ijn kau pUrib iliKAw iqn rMgu lgw inrMkwr ]

jin ko poorab likhiaa thin ra(n)g lagaa nira(n)kaar ||

Those who are blessed with such pre-ordained destiny, are in love with the Formless Lord.

EnI CifAw mwieAw suAwvVw Dnu sMicAw nwmu Apwru ]

ounee shhaddiaa maaeiaa suaavarraa dhhan sa(n)chiaa naam apaar ||

They abandon the tastes of Maya, and gather in the infinite wealth of the Naam.

ATy phr iekqY ilvY mMnyin hukmu Apwru ]

at(h)ae pehar eikathai livai ma(n)naen hukam apaar ||

Twenty-four hours a day, they are lovingly absorbed in the One Lord; they surrender and accept the Will of the Infinite Lord.

jnu nwnku mMgY dwnu ieku dyhu drsu min ipAwru ]2]

jan naanak ma(n)gai dhaan eik dhaehu dharas man piaar ||2||

Servant Nanak begs for this one gift: please bless me, Lord, with the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan; my mind is in love with You. ||2||

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif