Gursikh Friends

Guest gupt_singhni

Guest gupt_singhni

i just wanted to share my feelings with the sangat.

i have been into sikhi for 5 years now when i first came into sikhi and was fortunate enough to wear a dastar i had so much hope in sangat that i didnt care that my 'tart friends' would abandon me because i thought i would make gursikh friends with bibian who wear dastaara and that they would welcome me with open arms. thats not the case i tried so hard to make friends with bibian in the uk i used too find out their emails and add them on msn or pm them. nothing worked most of the singhnia would talk to me on msn but then slowly just start blanking me as they don't have time and would rather talk to singhs (flirt), most have blocked me.

i feel really heart broken that i do not have any gursikh bibian as friends i have like one or two and i only say fateh to them as they have their own friends etc. why is it so easy for singhs to come into sikhi and make so many friends i dunno if its just me but i've noticed singhnia just stick in their gangs at rehansabhahees etc

looking at pics of the canada bibian i am almost jealous seeing how close the sangat is.

just wanted to know if anyone else feels the same.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AH it 's really sad when someone says something like this.

At the end of the day if the singhnia don't wanna be close friends don't bother.

I am not a full sikh (i have not yet taken amrit).

I always used to find it hard to talk to jus normal sikh family people both male and female so alot of my friends were black.

Ok there are big differences of what i believe to those of my black friends but i would rather be friends with them then those who just think themselves above me and well just be fake and don't want to know me.

End of day it is those sighnia who are missing out from not talking to you.

ya sis me knows what you mean....some reason brothers are much more open and welcoming! but luckily im going to be working with 3 ck sisters from my home town on a project they are running so im so looking forward to that....but mail me if you (or any other bhenji) wish!(gurjyd@hotmail.com) look forward to hearing form you!

Guest Gupt shupt

i have been into sikhi for 5 years now when i first came into sikhi and was fortunate enough to wear a dastar i had so much hope in sangat that i didnt care that my 'tart friends' would abandon me because i thought i would make gursikh friends with bibian who wear dastaara and that they would welcome me with open arms. thats not the case i tried so hard to make friends with bibian in the uk i used too find out their emails and add them on msn or pm them. nothing worked most of the singhnia would talk to me on msn but then slowly just start blanking me as they don't have time and would rather talk to singhs (flirt), most have blocked me.

i feel really heart broken that i do not have any gursikh bibian as friends i have like one or two and i only say fateh to them as they have their own friends etc. why is it so easy for singhs to come into sikhi and make so many friends i dunno if its just me but i've noticed singhnia just stick in their gangs at rehansabhahees etc

looking at pics of the canada bibian i am almost jealous seeing how close the sangat is.

128805[/snapback]

Fateh, just wanted to let you know that you sound like a very nice person at heart. Had I known you or your email I would have wanted to do gup shup with you, though I'm not Amritdhari. But I like to have company like yours, got something for you though ...

When things go wrong as they sometimes will

When the road you're trudging seems all up hill

When the funds are low and the debts are high

And you want to smile, but you have to sigh

When care is pressing you down a bit

Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer, with its twists and turns

As everyone of us sometimes learns

And many a failure turns about

When he/she might have won had he/she stuck it out

Don't give up though the pace seems slow

You may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out

The silver tint of the clouds of doubt

And you never can tell how close you are

It may be near when it seems so far

So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit

It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

128805[/snapback]

Bhainji, Vaaheguroo Jee ka Khalsa, Vaaheguroo Jee ki Fateh!!

I understand where you're coming from and empathise with you. Firstly, it's human nature for people to stick in groups they are familiar with and its difficult for them to break out of their current social circle.....simple intergroup dynamics at play here. Secondly, with regard to your question as to why you may not get a good response trying to make friends online is this...not all bibian are comfortable with the idea of making friends with a totally random person. It's alright if you're forming friendships in person but it is a little weird if you PM someone or just randomly add them to MSN saying "hey can i be your friend?". Some people are comfortable with the idea of making friends online whilst some aren't. Hope you understand this and get used to the idea. It happens alot bhainji. :) Thirdly, closeness of sangat isn't just manifest via photographs or how often they hang out together. There's always more to it than meets the eye so do not feel envious bhainjee. Lastly, the only piece of advice I can give you is...there's always an Eternal Friend by your side.....form friendships with that Eternal Friend....why worry and fret about friendships with humans for they are just temporary in nature?? We do need to establish friendships with humans for no man is an island but bear in mind that these friendships do not last forever......so if they have to end, let it be. You've tried by approaching people...if they bump you off, perhaps you could consider changing your strategy for making friends or just forget about it. Fact of the matter is that you tried. :doh: Hope my ramblings made sense and please forgive any mistakes made.

just thinking if this bhenji has same issue with non sikhs or non amritdharis blanking as well or is it just amritdharis?

am i just dum or did u just say amritdhari bibis wanna talk to singhs to flirt..... very very worrying..... or maybe i shud say no comment.

Penji absolutely sympathize with you, i kinda feel the same way, took amrit etc, no singhni friends, they just dont wana know. theres some chardi kla ones, igo past say fateh and i get Blank stares........no reason, dont get it At all, my brother gets quite surprised so we just hang around together,

the lucky thing is ive got a brother who's that and a friend and my sangat. we go most smagams etc together, so im just saying thanx to guru ji for at least making giving me such a sweet bro. rolleyes.gifpray.gif

PM me anytime, penjee

amandeep kaur