Lakhi Jungal Khalsa

Guest balwinderkaur

Guest balwinderkaur

I heard this shabd on a video i've got ....and the shabd goes like this:

LAKHI JUNGAL KHALSA AAEY DEEDAR LAGONAY

SUNN KAI SAD MAAHEE DAA MAYHEE PAANI GHAAHO MATONAY

KISAY NAAL NA RALIYA KAAEE KOEE SAUNK PEEYO NAY

GYA FIRAAK MILIYA MIT MAAHEE TAAHEE SHUKAR KITO NAY

This shabd is from dasam granth if im not mistaken...in maajh sri mukhvaak paatshaahee dasveen. What I wanna ask here is the history behind this shabd and what does the shabd mean???? So if anyone here can satisfy my curiosity i'll greatly appreciate it. :umm: Thankz sooo much.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

i have heard people sing this shabad, although i don't know much about it

(someone correct me if i'm wrong)

Basically, after the battle of mukatsar (where the chali mukhtey were given shaheedi), the sikh fauj lost lots of singhs.. after this battle, Guru Gobind Singh Sahib and a few of his other companions went to Lakhi Jungle (i presume Mai Bhago must have accompanied them as well, considering that she was one of the only people who survived the battle of Mukatsar apart from Dasmesh Pita Ji). wink2.gif

Anyway, eventually people began to find out that Guru Jee was staying at Lakhi Jungle, and people started to come and visit him -- the Sikhs would come and meet Guru Jee and get his pyaar and blessings. That's why the bani says "lakhi jungle Khalsa aaey deedar lago nay" -- the Khalsa came to Lakhi Jungle to get deedar -- which could mean either Darshan, or the Vision of the Guru. (think: "dheedhanae dheedhaar sahib kash nahi eis ka mol" -- the value of seeing the Lord's vision can't be estimated... or "uthi jaloo kanthrey, hao pasi tho dheedhaar" -- i rise early, oh my husband lord, to behold your vision...)

So moving on, Sikhs began to come to Lakhi Jungle and visit their Pita Ji, and eventually mroe and more people began coming. Eventually, the Singhs began teaching Gatka (sikh martial arts) there, and I was told they also did keer

tan and other stuff as such. Lakhi Jungle was basically the place where the Khalsa recharged, and where they strengthened their power again, becoming as strong as they were before the Battle @ Mukatsar. It basically almost became, in a modern sense, a type of training camp which brought everyone back together and stronger.

The shabad specifically i think is emphasizing how people came running to get Guru Jee's darshan :umm: and how they immediately rushed to be by his side as soon as they discovered his whereabouts... maybe that's why we should be running to smagams and sangat and the gurdwara -- anywhere where we can get the darshan of our satguru sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, and the darshan of sadh sangat... :e:

bhul chuk maaf karnee plz im an <banned word filter activated>

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!