Movement During Smran And Kirtan

Guest ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

WJKK WJKF

I see alot of people mainly the youth moving and head-banging alot during Simran and Kirtan and i was wondering if its wrong or right? can the Sangat answer this for me please?

WJKK WJKF

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the movement is out of the control of the person who can not help it, then it is acceptable. If small movements aid the movement of the Gurshabad from the bottom of the body to the Dasam Duar, then it is acceptable.

Movement for the sake of movement, is not acceptable. Headbanging is not acceptable.

there are some people that move during simran and kirtan...usually they sway to the tempo of the kirtan...it might help them concentrate...

i have heard from older singhs that if possible we should try to avoid movements, but it's not necessarily a WRONG thing...

yeh thanks for the answers but it is very distracting specially when repeating Gods name also i dont see any chardee kala singhs/singhnia moving during simran and theyre concentration is very high.

You are not in a position to judge anyone's avastha. There is a particular Singh who literally starts screaming in Simran - very offputting I am sure - but when he started levitating at Amritvela I am sure all those who were previously so offput by him previously were suddenly inspired.

Concentrate on your own simran and do not complain about how other's express their Pyaar. It is not correct to headbang or move to copy other people but if people express themselves in this way, you are not to judge them. They are getting more Anand then we are! If you wish to complain don't do it anonymously on a forum, go and speak to the people themselves.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

When ever doing Simran, i personally find that i get a lot of.. i guess you could say "Engery" within. And ya i may sway back and forth, or what not.

I dont think there is anything wrong with it.. and like Heera Singh said

" we're all supposed to have our eyes closed when doin simran anywayz "

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateH!