The Best Type Of Seva

Guest guest in this world

Guest guest in this world

I once heard someone say the best type of seva is simran. Do you believe this is true? If not, what do you think the best types of seva are for the Panth

do be honest for the panth i really couldnt say what the best type of seva is, but on a personal basis i find that doing jorea (wiping of sangats shoes) as good seva as this is what personally helps me keep on the straight and narrow, and believe me it does effect you as a person and when you stop doing it i dont know about others but i felt really withdrawn, just my personal experience. Also doing simran is a great seva im not sure if you could really have a ranking system for what sewa is best. Ithink as long as you do sewa that is the most important thing.

bhul chuck maaf

At school they taught us that a sikh is one that does sewa and simran so the 2 are separate

sewa is helping others and even cleaning shoes can be sewa but really it means helping someone in a way that actually helps them lol cos shoes are just for ur own good but we should try to help ppl in other ways like help them get closer to sikhi or buy them their bread if they cant walk etc etc etc

simran is for ur own benefit and is not like sewa which is selfless service to others.

yeah..i've heard cleaning the sangat's shoes is probably the best cuz it brings down ur hankaar and haumai.

also, GUPT seva I think is also very good. don't go bragging about how much seva u done or what exactly you've done. Helps keep your hankaar and haumai down making you humble person.

:)

Bhai Parminder Singh ji used to say any seva is seva that Guru ji would be happy with you doing - and that you do without any desire for anything back. It should be Nishkaam seva. It can be gupt but it doesn't have to be gupt (i.e. punj pyare, katha, keertan) but it should be with 100% devotion and ZERO (0) ulterior motives.

Many other gurmukhs have said that when you do Simran with 100% devotion and ZERO (0) ulterior motives, then you don't just help yourself but your sangat helps others and in this way you can really help the spirits of many people and that is why simran is the best seva.

please forgive my mistakes

There are different types of Seva:

Mun(mind), Tun(physical), Dhun(wealth). I don't think one is better than the other, they all are equally important. Not everyoen can do Seva with their Tun, so they might do Mun or Dhun the seva. Seva is Seva given that it is done with "your whole heart and full of love..."

There are different types of Seva:

Mun(mind), Tun(physical), Dhun(wealth).  I don't think one is better than the other, they all are equally important.  Not everyoen can do Seva with their Tun, so they might do Mun or Dhun the seva.  Seva is Seva given that it is done with "your whole heart and full of love..."

125861[/snapback]

One day some Yogis came to see Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji. They bowed to Guru Ji and told that they have a question that is bothering them. They said that Guru Ji you say your Sikhs are Jeevan-Mukat (Liberated while Alive), but this state is very very tough and we Yogis devote our whole life towards this purpose and therefore, go through lot of physical and mental difficulties while practicing Yoga, and still, there is no guaranttee that we will obtain that state, even after death. But how come you say your Sikhs are Jeevan-Mukat.

Guru Ji smiled and replied that: Sikhs have given their 'tan' (body), 'mun' (mind), and 'dhan' (weath) to their Guru. When the Panth or someone is in danger, they devote their tan to Guru, they are ready to sacrifice their life. When they do paath and listen to Gurbani, they give their mun to the Guru, and when they give their dasvandh to the Guru that is their dhan. So if this kind of person won't be jeevan-mukat, who else would be?

than man dhhan sabh soup gur ko hukam ma(n)niai paaeeai ||

Surrender body, mind, wealth, and everything to the Guru; obey the Order of His Will, and you will find Him.

(SGGS 918 (Anand Sahib))