Does It Matter

Guest we

In the end

Does it realyl matter who you marry... If you marry a good amritdhari person who is close to God, do the details really matter, like looks, background, family, the amount of seva she or he does, how involved she or he is in panthic matters, how big their name is how well known they are, do any of these things even matter in the end? Isn't it just like, whoever you marry has God in them anyways and we are just getting married to the light inside of that person so it doesn't realy matter who the person is?

Why are some people so selective like I want taht singhnee I want this singhnee, or I want class A singh and if he doesn't fit in that category 100% then it wont go ... Isnt marriage and 'partnership' simply about teh Guru and the light inside the other person? And doesnt everyone have that light, so thers no point in being so selective?

wacko.gif

In the end

Does it realyl matter who you marry... If you marry a good amritdhari person who is close to God, do the details really matter, like looks, background, family, the amount of seva she or he does, how involved she or he is in panthic matters, how big their name is how well known they are, do any of these things even matter in the end? Isn't it just like, whoever you marry has God in them anyways and we are just getting married to the light inside of that person so it doesn't realy matter who the person is?

Why are some people so selective like I want taht singhnee I want this singhnee, or I want class A singh and if he doesn't fit in that category 100% then it wont go ... Isnt marriage and 'partnership' simply about teh Guru and the light inside the other person? And doesnt everyone have that light, so thers no point in being so selective?

thats what the situation should be, in a perfect world. but we are not living in a perfect world. me personally, i belev that a person should only be selective when it comes to personality. choose someone you are compatible with, as in personality wise. ur not and should not be marrying a person for their looks, wealth, status etc. all these can be taken away in a flash, but a persons personality is the one thing that can make or break, in this case a marriage.

and your right in my opinion, marriage is a partnership, and a person should consider only their prospective partners personality. but i guess everyone has their own veiws on this, different things are important to different people, so to each his own.

er.. if u wed religious person that person can help u get closer to God, yeh everyone got a soul but who is closer to realising the soul is a part of God and all that and which soul is more in love with Guru Ji and Waheguru. If person A is then I would rather marry them cos thats what I'm aiming for or thats what I may be.

Whereas if you're not that religious and u dont want to be then marry whoever u compatible with.

But for me religious person only compatible :)

Mod Note: Topic has been discussed before. Please do a search. Topic Closed.