Marriage

Guest _Gupt Singh_

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is a sikh weddin meant 2 be like the weddins i been 2 r all bride groom wear red they do some next level crap b4 the weddin like maya an jaggo then theres a party afterwards an evry1 gets drunk

how is a proper wedding of a gursikh meant 2 be?

125160[/snapback]

ummm... i have been to pooran gursikh weddings where teh bride and grrom were like plane simple. Liek they both wore jolai and for tehir negagement tehy they traded kirpans ... so yeah it depends on teh family and who ur wedding. Miyas importanat. Liek i dont know any weddings where ppl dont do their miya...

Like tehir was one miya where teh both sides put gutkas in tehri cholie. Instead of liek some failies they would put for teh girls, makeup and all tht other crap!

partytime.gif

from what i KNOW... a gursikh weddin is supposed to happen at amrit vela...

i.e. get up.. everybody does nitnem.. simran.. ends off wit ADV and kirtan.. and THEN do the lavaa and all that good stuff... but i think technically the bride and groom are ACTUALLY supposed to be there durin that time... i don't THINK there's a point in them walkin when theres like 2 or 3 chakkay left in ADV... and i would think they should remain simple... looking nice is okay.. but don't get dekked out... i'm not sure bout colours... but some people would say that they should both be wearing blue & orange combinations (i.e. 'khalsa colours')... and then after the lavaa n everything is done... i's party at my place!

You know what i dont like about teh anand karg.... when teh brides brothers or cousins hold her while shes taking "teh walk" It's soooooooooo retarded..... they would do tht in teh old times where they thought teh girl would fall down LOL.gif .. but now in teh year 2005.. thts sad...

anywayz thts my opinion on it...

Iv allawys been told taht the bride and groom should wear simple colours and instead maharaj should be the one with bright coloured ramaal with kadai on it cuz at the end of the day the significance is that maharaj is the centre of your marriage and therefore is the one who looks most attractive. My opinion anyway.

About the amritvela thing yeh i believe it should be done then aswell, cuz its really cool, when my sister got married it started at 6am where belive it or not we were all ready and then asa di vaar finished for about 8am then there aws kirtan and then anand karaj took place at 10 am it was cool though cuz everyone turned up at the start which was really nice all the mone and everthing it was a reall y nice atmosphere.

i know it looks all funny when the gals bro walking and holding her lol but i need it, i mean i gona be distraught so i wont be able to make it to the bloke without some support lol i think il use 2 boxes of tissues by the time i get there: not relevant for a sikh post i know :)