Marriage

Guest _Gupt Singh_

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heera Singh:

Opinions of those on the AKJ.org message do not represent the views of the AKJ. I think this has already been started on the site.

Please re-read my original post. The founder of the AKJ was Bhai Randhir Singh. In his book, Rangley Sajjan, he refers to a Gursikh as a Sant. How then, can the AKJ only refer to Guru Sahib as a Sant and in no other circumstances?

Additionally, Bibi Amarjeet Kaur, wife of Shaheed Bhai Fauja Singh, has referred to Sant Jarnail Singh as a "Sant". Furthermore, if you were aware of the elder Jatha Gursikhs in India, you will know that many refer to Bhai Randhir Singh as Sant Randhir Singh. On these grounds, it is absolutely obvious, that both the Puratan AKJ of the first half of the 20th century, and the AKJ of modern times, still uses the word "Sant" for humans.

Just because the word Sant is not thrown around excessively within the Jatha, and the meaning of the vast majority of the Sant Shabads in Bani refers to Gursikhs or when the "Sant of Sants" is mentioned then Guru Sahib, does not mean the AKJ are "anti-Sant".

The AKJ are anti Pakhandi Sant or those who call themselves Sants.

Heera Singh please re read my previous post. AKJ.org message board opinions do not represent the AKJ.

Bhai Randhir Singh uses the word Sant for people. Bibi Amarjeet Kaur uses the word Sant for people. Even today in Punjab older AKJ Singhs even say Sant Randhir Singh.

Im having a tough time finding my Amritdhari Singhni. Its hard enough finding someone who you are compatible with i.e. age, education, family background, height etc etc

But what I have noticed a lot is you get asked the question as to what kind of sikh are you? which jatha do you belong to? 

It seems that the panth is divided even more esp amongst the youth..

Ive noticed that the youth only want to get married to someone within their own jathebandi due to the differences on opinion on things which differentiate the jathebandis as otherwise this may cause problems later in life.

It really hurts me..... We are getting more and more divided instead of united and becoming one.

125124[/snapback]

yep mate

my sister is unable 2 find a good amritdhari match.

SSM you are right the fact opf the matter is when you have been brought up in or are part of a particular jathebandi you are more likely to marry someone in the same jathbandi as you. If you ask alot of people in the AKJ they all have different views some are really anti sant some arent at all. So even in your own jathbandi so to speak it is hard to find someone whose views agree with your 100% you have got to get to know the person aswell

P.S Heera and Guest who ever you are dont make this into a are AKJ anti or pro sant. Everyone has there own views in AKJ :homer

>>>Im having a tough time finding my Amritdhari Singhni. Its hard enough finding someone who you are compatible with i.e. age, education, family background, height etc etc<<<

To the original poster: You have problems with people asking superficial questions like what jatha you belong to/associate with, yet you have no issues with basing your search for a life partner on even more superficial things (age, height)?

If someone asks what jatha you belong to, it's like asking how much/which rehits you keep (ie, keski, sarbloh bibek etc). If you're asking how tall someone is or how much schooling she has, how is that relevant at all to whether she'll make a good life partner for you? Maybe you're having trouble finding an Amritdhari Singhnee because you're looking for the wrong things. If she's a year older than you or hasn't got the same level of education, or if her family is a mess and she's an inch taller than you, she could still wind up being the most compatible wife you could ever dream of finding. Asking about how much paath she does, how strict her rehit is, and knowing how much seva bhavnaa she has is all that really matters. Leave all the superficial stuff, all the labels and height requirements behind.

bahahaha... sorry guyz i've been away for a couple of dayz....

CKsinghni and 'guest'... maybe i wasn't fully clear on my last post... and tha's my bad... if u read the posts by some of the members on the akj website... they refer to books written by Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh.. i myself haven't read the books... so from what they're sayin it seems to me that Bhai Sahib was against labelling of 'sants' to human forms.... and i guess tha's my bad, i shouldn't have taken that as a generalization as per the views of the entire jattha... and i apologize...

and don't worry... i don't take things personally tongue.gif ... so... i'll TRY not to cry LOL.gif

btw... i DID say in my last post that we should keep this peaceful :TH:

Heera Singh Veer Ji I accept your apologies.

The message should be, do not form your opinions on Jathebandia, religions or any other group of people based on the internet. As I have mentioned; speak to the Puratan Jatha Singhs and they will have no problem with the label "Sant". If there was a problem with the label "Sant" it would not have been used in Rangley Sajjan.

On this topic, the issue of match finding should be left to Gursikh elders or parents. Just as a child should not worry about financial issues or debts, mortgages, etc, a Gursikh who is ready to get married should leave this issue in his/her parents or elders hands. It is not his or her worry. So the original poster should not be thinking about this. They should focus on merging with Vaheguru.