Marriage

Guest _Gupt Singh_

Guest _Gupt Singh_

Im having a tough time finding my Amritdhari Singhni. Its hard enough finding someone who you are compatible with i.e. age, education, family background, height etc etc

But what I have noticed a lot is you get asked the question as to what kind of sikh are you? which jatha do you belong to?

It seems that the panth is divided even more esp amongst the youth..

Ive noticed that the youth only want to get married to someone within their own jathebandi due to the differences on opinion on things which differentiate the jathebandis as otherwise this may cause problems later in life.

It really hurts me..... We are getting more and more divided instead of united and becoming one.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true. i was asked same question by a singh, saying r u into akj, taksali.....

i was like hmm....im an amrithdhari, we're all one the khalsa fauj, thats what i think in my mind but i didnt know up till then that this is what goes on. i was shocked coz amritdhari belong to the one khalsa family, or used to, these days thats hardly seen.

waheguru sumath bakshan i guess.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I think they need to have knowledge of caste doesnt belong in Sikhi and what the true sikhi is.

Because when i never knew much about sikhi i was like that aswell, pride in caste, and telling ppl that we dont like them Sikhs coz their bangal sellers (partrai) etc.

But thank God through Waheguru's Kirpa i dont say stuff like that any more n i dont care about caste anymore. All that matters is how true someone is in thier faith as Guru Nanak says that if someones says a muslim should be a true muslim (ie follow the religion properly) and if your hindu be a true hindu. Soz dont know quote off by heart.

By the way i would just like to point out in Akash radio, Panjabradio and sukhsagarradio, and Amritbani, in thier marriage programmes (matrimorials) they talk about which caste each of these people are and which ones they are looking for etc.

Shouldnt we tell these radios to preach to thier viewers about what sikhi says about caste? before they continue with the matrimarials each time?

LOL infact i might just do that now through email to thier sites.

And it would be helpful if you sisters and brothers do that too, as this will encourage them to take this issue seriously, - the more ppl the better because caste is preaching against sikhi, n all this on sikhi radios, thats bad. N think this caste stuff is giving wrong facts about sikhi.

Just quickly like to say that im not too sure of which radios it was but i think i heard it on all these radios, not sure of one of them though. Check on thier schedules on there sites if thats the radio with the matrimorials on.

Because all the matrimorials ive herd on radio talk about caste. N all of these have Gurbani/ Sikhi on some time on thier radio.

how is a sikh weddin meant 2 be like the weddins i been 2 r all bride groom wear red they do some next level crap b4 the weddin like maya an jaggo then theres a party afterwards an evry1 gets drunk

how is a proper wedding of a gursikh meant 2 be?

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

gupt singh I know it may sound wrong to ask if someone belongs to akj or taksal etc but it does have an effect on the way the person leads their life.

eg. akj may suggest the person is against sants and so the anti sant and pro sant issue comes in etc

its all actually very important, i didnt think it was but other ppl do and maybe they r right and we are wrong rolleyes.gif:) ofcourse it would show us to be better sikhs if we could be tolerant of one another even though we have some differences but i guess ppl looking to wed their twins nowadays?

"SSM" how is AKJ "against" Sants when people are called Sants in Bhai Randhir Singh's book Rangley Sajjan and Bibi Amarjeet Kaur refers to Sant Jarnail Singh as a "Sant"?

It is EXACTLY those type of ignorant generalisations that cause rifts and the disunity that is being discussed in this thread.

"SSM" how is AKJ "against" Sants when people are called Sants in Bhai Randhir Singh's book Rangley Sajjan and Bibi Amarjeet Kaur refers to Sant Jarnail Singh as a "Sant"?

It is EXACTLY those type of ignorant generalisations that cause rifts and the disunity that is being discussed in this thread.

125170[/snapback]

ouch

unfortunately in case u didnt read i did say im against any of this , as a pro sant i would happily marry someone anti sant, as a pro raagmala i would be fine abt anti BUT a lot of ppl i know see akj as anti raagmala, anti sant (i'm talking abt the sant stuff we have nowadays and not just the title being used as was the case in Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji's book) pro keski.

how much of anything is true is for the individual to do their research but i was talking abt how ppl generally see these groups out of the ppl i know. AKJ was JUST an example and I was NOT saying this is what this group does and I did NOT say AKJ meant the person IS against sants. calm down mate. My post isnt going to make anyone lose a rishta so lets calm down :TH:

My generalisations etc will not cause any disunity, disunity is caused by these different groups! I'm not against different groups and i think to an extent they are very good to have but lets not blame me, lets blame the different groups if u want anyone to blame :doh:

hope that is clear now :)

125170[/snapback]

if u read threads on www.akj.org and read their posts... u'd know that AKJ believes that there is only ONE sant (i.e. vaheguru)... they don't believe in any human form sants... whether i agree with that, now tha's a diff story.. but they all have their own opinions..

check out these links if u don't believe me or SSM

http://www.akj.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=432&highlight=sant

http://www.akj.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4...isuse+word+sant

so think twice before u say that sum1s makin a 'ignorant generalization'..

and le's keep this peaceful..