Does An Amritdhari Have To Marry An Amritdhari

Guest _Gupt_

Guest Jacfsing2
On 2/4/2017 at 4:37 PM, Guest Unknown said:

An amritdhari can marry someone who has not taken the Amrit because the Amrit is a blessing not something that should be forced on to a partner, if u can teach them about the Amrit and they decide to take the Amrit then that's great, but there is no set rule on an amritdhari having to marry an amritdhari so it is allowed to marry someone who has not taken the Amrit as an amritdhari. 

A better recommendation for an Amritdhari who wishes to marry a non-Amritdhari/non-sikh would be to take Amrit again with their partner. The most of a relationship they could have with their spouse is just talking within Rehat. If someone does marry a non-amritdhari then it's best if they stay without too much influence from their spouse; make them stronger not them turning you weak. (SOMETHING TO NOTE, YOUR SPOUSE IS PRE-DESTINED AT BIRTH, SO YOU HAVE NO CONTROL AT ALL!)

1 hour ago, singhunit said:

Wjkk wjkf

What if neither of you were amritdhari when you got married and now you want to take amrit with the support of your wife/husband but they are not personally ready? Do you wait for them? What if waiting your time comes to an end?

•  
  •  

Well my Nani ji wanted to have amrit but my Nana ji wasn't ready so what did she do ? she acted as if she was a rehitvaan gursikh and kept her nitnem and did her sehaj paats , and after they reached 70 plus my Nana ji was finally ready and they had amrit together. Did that affect her bhagti or her development ? No because she had partak darshan of Guru Teg Bahadur ji even though she wasn't amritdhari at the time . She accepted hukham and lived within it striving nonetheless  because she trusted Her Guru ji . You can still do your bhagti even so 

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, singhunit said:

Could you still achieve mukhti this way?

Amrit is not about Mukti, it's about giving your head to the Guru. It's comparable to death if you take Amrit for the reason it was made by Guru Sahib in the first place. Take Amrit for Prem of Guru Sahib, not some extra reason.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest the lone singher
On 04/02/2017 at 9:37 PM, Guest Unknown said:

An amritdhari can marry someone who has not taken the Amrit because the Amrit is a blessing not something that should be forced on to a partner, if u can teach them about the Amrit and they decide to take the Amrit then that's great, but there is no set rule on an amritdhari having to marry an amritdhari so it is allowed to marry someone who has not taken the Amrit as an amritdhari. 

agreed....and with Barik also .....my understanding is that we should lead a life of balance...and tolerance.....

i became vegetarian in my teens, then i got married to a non-vegetarian sikh who taught me a lot more of gurbani than i knew.....i then had amrit....but my spouse has not yet - so am i not a sikh?  I have not and never will force my views on them...we are all at different levels of understanding and should tolerate all whose understanding differs from ours rather than treat them as above or below ourselves. 

so all you guys need to get balanced views........from all your comments it looks like I am not a sikh anymore

• 7 months later...

I want to ask something..

I want to be an AmritDhari KAUR.. but my husband is not willing to be an AmritDhari Singh as he feels he won't be able to recite Bani because of his tight schedule at office.

Will this be a kurhatee if one of us is an AmritDhari and another one is not?