Help

Guest guest

Vjkk Vjkf!

a little while ago i had A and W's (its a resuarant) and that was the first time i ate outside for a long time! i'm amritdhari too. so well i had to eat there cause i was with my cousins and we were out of town and this was the only place. so i order a vegi burger, but i forgot to tell them to take off the mayonnese. i noticed it before i ate and took a kleenex and wiped it off, i told everyone that it had maynosse but i did not know if mayonnace had eggs. so i eat the burger after cleaning it with kleenex but i'm not sure if there was some on the sallad...

so plz tell me if i was wrong and what i should do! no.gifpray.gif

Thats real slack you must observe atleast basic bebik as a Gursikh , and that menas NO eating out , only eat form the hands of amritdharis , the fact that you knew it had mayonaise on it and still eat it even thoguh you wiped the cream off some would have still remained. I personaly woud say go pesh and tell panj payaray of your wrong doing

yes i agree wit sinner...

just to ardaas and ask for forgiveness.. just gotta be more careful... when i eat out, i make sure i tell them no mayo, and alwayz make sure i's not cooked on the same grill as the meat stuff... i know in toronto the 'LICKS' restaurants and harvey's restaurants cook their veggie stuff on a diff grill... and when i go to subway or mr.sub or osmething... i make sure they change their gloves.. and i never get my sub cut 'cause tha's the same knife they use to cut the meat subs wit... sometimes they use diff knifes but even then i try to be careful..

and bibeki isn't a MUST.... its encouraged... if u can do that's fine.. i's really hard though... i personally am not bibeki.. i love my mothers cooking (who btw isn't amritdhari)... :)

eating at subways is not acceptable or eating at pizza places etc... when I wasn't amritdhari I use dot wokrin a pizza place and when you get a meat pizza you put your hand inthe tubs for the topping and when you get a veggie order you put your same hand sin teh tubbs of cheese to do the veggie order smae happens in subway even if they change there gloves if they have put there meat covered hand int eh cheese or vewg and then changed the glove what difference does that make. I fyou are amritdhari fo rthe sake of it then go ahead eat what you wan tfrm where you want but if you got real thirest for Guru ji and want to acheive a higher state of spirtiuality you must haev more discipline. It's only our own ego that stops us from keeping rehit , as we think we know better than Guru.

WJKK WJKF

It was an honest mistake. You've done nothing wrong, well not intentionally.

Do an Ardars and ask for forgiveness, you'll feel much better after that.

Take care, be careful what you buy in future. :)

120165[/snapback]

Honest mistake??

He saw the mayonaise on it. Any self respecting person would have asked for another burger, not scraped off the mayo! It just shows that your heart is not in it, you are one of these people, who as long the general public "think2 your descent, you are happy, but really you are deviant. Theres another word for people like you, and thats a hypocrite!!!!

Raj-Das. :e:

tarunjeet singh.. bro... just so u know in toronto when they're makin subs or pizza they alwayz put the veggie stuff on first and then they do the meat stuff... in the cases of subs... i watch them put the stuff on... they ALWAZ put the veggies on first before they get close to touchin the meat... now i know pizza u can't be 100% unless u stand there and watch em 24 hours a day... and i actually cut down on eatin out a LOT ... one thing 'cause i know i can't completely trust them..and another thin 'cause it's a big hit to my wallet.. anywhoo... subs i feel fine wit... 'cause i can see them makin my food..

WJKK WJKF

_raj_ I don’t have the energy to argue with you. Its people like you that feel a need to criticize other people - and then your calling me a hypocrite?

The person ate the burger AFTER s/he wiped off the mayonnaise. They then said that:

so i eat the burger after cleaning it with kleenex but i'm not sure if there was some on the sallad...

S/he said that “I'M NOT SURE IF THERE WAS SOME ON THE SALAD”.

Ok, s/he could have bought another burger, but maybe s/he had no more change or thought it was cleaned enough and safe to eat.

As I said before, IM SURE IT WAS NOT INTENTIONAL.

Have a nice day _raj_ rolleyes.gif

Sinner I cn see ur point but seriously a person should not eat the food even if they did not have more change lol.

really i think it is better to go hungry at that time, its only a matter of a day or a few hrs but what abt the sikh side to it? committment to Guru Ji?

im not that strict myself but wiping it with a tissue is simply not enough, not being rude yeah but the mayonaise was still partly on it once it was cleaned right?

i might be wrong but im pretty sure wiping it didnt do the trick, im not saying it makes him bad.

only to learn from his mistake.

As for

''Do an Ardas and ask for forgiveness, you'll feel much better after that.''

I dont think the main reason to do ardas is to feel better here but to actually be forgiven.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh