Girls And Gatra's For Your Kirpans!

Guest Guest

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Girls i was woundering about gatra's for youre kirpans... well my mum says wear it underneath your clothes , with a suit i put it on top yeah !! ...

.... But like english clothes .. do you wear it on the top .. or underneath ? cus i wear it on the top and i was jst wounderin wot peoples views are on this .. and how they wear theirs ?

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Penji hi, its realy good that u wear urs on top thas how it shud be and shows ur not also afraid to answer any questions bout amritdharis etc.

these days however, most poeple i know and from waht i see wear theirs under clothes. I wear mines underneath nearly all the time, mayb not so much when im at home. mm i guess you shud wear it underneaath if you know its appropriate and above clothese if its not. At the end of the day we need to show respect to one of most important kakkars. Theres nuthing wrong wit wearing it out or in as long as you know your being respectful. Some poeple also find it easier underneath cause it wont move bout so much but then again saying that the kirpan stilll needs to b adjusted sumtimes if you aint got kamarkas on.

At work i waz told to keep my kirpan hidden and wear smaller one ause the one i had, lol was slightly big. I bought smaller one for work but it would still be seen sumtimes and manager told me to put it in way not visible at all, like get this....tucked into ur trousers!!! wacko.gif

i waz well shocked an thought no ways, thas proper beadbi. now ive had to buy even smaller one and get my mum to make small gatra to have it completely hidden under my clothes. My workplace poeple had never even heard of sikhsand kirpans, i had to fight a while in beginning to allow them to let me wear it, cause first day they saw it they sent me home. :wub:

neewayss....penji do wats comfortable to you and thas fine by guru ji. A little respect for thr panj kakkars is all thas needed.

gurfateh ji and goodluck rolleyes.gif

yeh sumtimz i wear it on the top but even when i wear my gatra underneath my kirpan is still visible (i wear 6 inch blade taksali kirpan) ive been told to go smaller than that but i dont want to

so my kirpan always sticks out cus most my tops are short in length and even with th elong ones its diffiult to wear underneath because it sticks out to the side

i must admit i do get odd looks from non-sikhs but i have enough knowledge to be able to answer any questions etc