Jehovah's Witnesses

Akaali

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fatehh!!

Well, what do you say to Jehovah's witnesses?

1) Buzz off

2) Listen to them and share your opinion, and also tell em about Sikhi

Cuz two ladies came to my house, talking about Jesus, and the bible. Well some of their views were like love for all, and we are all god's children so I went along with it...

But then they started saying like the bible is the truth, and that it says God doesn't like other religions, and that everything written in the bible is the truth and other scriptures are false, and all this other messed up stuff.

Also, I was wearing my kirpan on top, so they started asking me. So I told them about our two Guru Sahibans being martyred, and our tenth master took up arms, to get rid of tyranny and injustice from his people..

So they said, why resort to forceful measures, and all this stuff about never taking up arms, etc.

Here's the thing: Everyone sees their religion is the supreme religion, and that they beleive is the truth. But they all fail to see everyone as one, no christian, no muslim, no sikh, but as one.

Hindus beleive in many scriptures, Muslims in Quran, Chritians in bible, and we in Guru Granth Sahib ji maharaj.

The philosophy of Guru Nanak astounds me, because he saw God in everyone, didn't care whether they were christian, muslim, hindu, etc. What they beleived, etc. he only preached waheguru's name, wouldn't it be more beautiful, if these people preached waheguru's name, instead of the bible?

And what do you guys think we should say to Jehovah's witnesses who go from house to house, without maki

ng them feel like "tutti" , lol :e:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fatehh!

i get this all da time.. :umm: well u see one of them is a very close family friend my mum's friend to be exact so they is no way i can tell them to buzz off.. years years ago they use to come and teach my parents abt christianity ..

well anyway i listen to them and give them views about our own religion.. usually this people are very well equipped with verses of their "bible" and mind u their bible is very much diff than the ones that r used by da catholics or the protestants.. so my advise is get urself equipped and speak to them..

in my case usually i will get them to listen to me at the end :D now their visit to my place has become less frequent :umm: that usually does the trick... give it a try.. :@

start nice. be receptive. then ask questions. and let them get more agressive....... :umm:

eg

a baby is born deaf and dumb and in pain....why?

how can an "infinitaly merciful" god send someone to an infinite punishment beyond hte grave.....this would suggest an infinitely evil god

the original scriptures of hte bible are not around.....oldest is dead sea scrolls......and those are a few hundreds years late, so how do we know they are real

why dont xtians have spiritual powers to show their spiritual progress

why is adam and eve theory universally refuted

etc etc

strange enough some came down my door today

i just said i aint intrested

they are looking for ways to convert you all they want is fame for their religion

just tell them to go, they will look for weak points within you and then give you literature and stuff

quiete some years back some indian ones came knocking on my door aswell and they told me their experiences with indian religion and said that they are happy with being a jehovas witness then they gave me literature and came back some days later

i said i aint intrested

well anyway i listen to them and give them views about our own religion.. usually this people are very well equipped with verses of their "bible" and mind u their bible is very much diff than the ones that r used by da catholics or the protestants.. so my advise is get urself equipped and speak to them..
I agree with that, when I asked some questions, they go "well we can goto page so and so, verse so and so" I seriously hope I can do that with Gurbani some day with his kirpa!!

Khalsa Soulja, I will definately keep those pointers in mind, so when they say stuff like "bible is the truth and everything is false" then I can just throw that in there.

they are looking for ways to convert you all they want is fame for their religion

I agree 100%, always seeking converts, Islam/Christianity are the two faiths where they actively seek converts, instead of following the path of righteousness, and living a truthful life, they try miserably to convert others..

But I told them, I said you guys are doing good sewa for your religion, if you preach love for Waheguru you will get awarded, but will not receive salvation from the cycle of births and deaths..

r>Ok look, the problem with me is that I can write alot of good ideas, but when it comes to speaking I tend to remember only some stuff, that's why next time I'm gonna have written stuff in front of me.

Wat do you guys think?

And what do you guys think we should say to Jehovah's witnesses who go from house to house, without making them feel like "tutti" , lol :e:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fatehh!

LOL

wubb.gif

Jevhovah's witnesses are so damn annoying. They told me the world should follow 1 religon and we should all sit together and create this religon ohmy.gif

I don't let them in my house , I just hear what they have to say and if I catch anything annoying or toally false then I do the questioning.

those mormons (some call em morons...lol) came to my house 2 yrs back and ate my head for like an hour n a half...i offered em cookies and water afterwards...they said i had been really nice to em, coz later on i found out that ppl cuss at them and drive them off from the door itself...the worst part is that they go on n on bout their beliefs and never ask u what u believe in...never came across jehovah's witnesses so far though... rolleyes.gif