Simran

Guest _GUPT_

yes... I think its called birass (bull chukmaaf if it not)... i used to and stil sometimes do feel like that a lot ... as its jst so WOW!! ... and being in such great sangat ... singin guru ji's praises its amazing... try not to feel sad.. join in and feel happy and proud that maharajs has done kirpa on you .. so that u can be there listening and joining in with the simran!!

Hopefully the more you go .. the more u will get used to it .. and u shud be fine!

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh !!

Recently, I feel like crying and feel sad when Im doing Simran. Has anyone been through this as well?

116943[/snapback]

yes, i have felt the same way, i have and am going through a difficult time right now and i keep telling myself that everything happens for a reason. i truly believe that the gurujis are looking over me and that all is in their hands, however when i do simran i feel overwhelmed, its as if im pouring my heart out to them. not sure if that makes sense to you but i hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey jio instead of being sad you should be happy! It’s called “bairaag”

It is simply love. But the sad feeling I guess comes from relaising we have been sort of separated form God and when we re-connect it’s just to amazing for words.They are sort of like the tears of love and gratitude. It is a blessing.

This crying is like the "Rom rom har dhiavai". The full absorption of every hair on your body on God's meditation – like do your hairs stand on end also and like you get goosebumps and stuff and shivers running down your spine? This is a very uplifting state of experience. Your experience reaches beyond time and space. Your soul's longing weeps with realization of it's connection with the Infinite. Why do you cry? It is because you are in love with Waheguru.
Its like your soul has this deep longing and yearning and it’s re-connecting, you cry because there is so much love involved. I would also say do not be embarassed by it, it’s too beautiful!!! I sit there crying through kirtan, simran, recital of Gurbani, it’s just to amazing for words!!!

i cry too doing simran.....and even listening to kirtan its a strange feeling its like all your emotions come to surface and youre overwhelmed.....jus go with it......it shows ur connecting with Waheguru.

SAT NAM

• 12 years later...

Ahhhh i miss these days, cant believe its been 12 yrs since I've been posting on the forum.

I want to go back to 2005! Wheres the rest of the 2005/2006/2007 sangat?

Everything just felt easier, lighter and more simple back then. Maybe it was youth..

But people spoke of bairaag, love for Guruji and about the path with so much feeling..

The Sangat was Awesome.

8 hours ago, Guest 2005 said:

Ahhhh i miss these days, cant believe its been 12 yrs since I've been posting on the forum.

I want to go back to 2005! Wheres the rest of the 2005/2006/2007 sangat?

Everything just felt easier, lighter and more simple back then. Maybe it was youth..

But people spoke of bairaag, love for Guruji and about the path with so much feeling..

The Sangat was Awesome.

Sounded like a good atmosphere on the forum back then.  What’s your user id now ?