Youth And Sikhi

Guest ~-devotion-~

Guest ~-devotion-~

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh!!!!

Sangat jio, I was sitting outside today, just thinking, and then i started to think about todays Sikh Youth. Young Sikhs, shud be Striving to learn about their religion/sikhi. And the thing they strive for in their lives is fasion, Boys/Girls, Etc.

Gurbani is also very important. Reasoning for this is that, Gurbani is Our guru's Teachings. Many of todays Sikh youth reject wat the ir religion is, and wat sikhi means to them. Living in weastern Society, youths of almost ever culture give up on it, because its to strictt and they would never be able to fallow it to the full extent, so then whats the point of being 'part sikh'? I myself, while i was in High School went through a very life changing Phase/stage. I started to become very interesting/worried about how i looked. I was always trying to please others, while i was suppose to be pleasing nobody but Guru Maharaj. I almost came to the point where i totally gave up on sikhi, and cut my hair. Which, had by the way never been cut. I slowly started to hang around the wrong crowd for my liking but i did it anyways. They smoked/drank/etc. Although i started to have the urge to go to Gurdwara ( which i had never had). I started to go to the gurdwara every waking moment i had in my life. One night i decided to wake up for amritvela the next day. I was on the telephone with a friend that very same night. She was gorri, and said 'oh my god, your're actually going to get up at like 4 in the morning to pray?' and i said yes proudly and hung up the telephone. The very next morning, i did my paaath. And was very happy with it. I read all the meanings, of the gurbani. I really started to understand gurbani after that. Therefor, a few weeks later, i was doing reheras Sahib paath, and i read this one line: ' Jin ko Lagee Piaas, amrith Saee Khaiey' Meaning, those who have the thirst to shak amrrith, well basically go ahead and do it. Now after re-reading that line over and over, Suddenly wanted to shak amrit. Very badly. I had that thrist like no other. It was like, i wanted it so bad, i would do anything in the world to recieve it, and become Guru Gobind Sinngh Ji' Daughter. Sooon after, I became Amrithdari, with guru jis kirpa.

My pooint of this Thread, is that sikh youth shud start becoming more and more involved. Go to gurdwara/keertan darbars/Akhaand Jaaps/Gurmat/Sikhi camps. Start trying to learn gurmukhi/gurbani. Where will the next generation of sikh be, if nobody cared about sikhi?

Bull chaak Maaf ji.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ji fateh!!! pray.gifpray.gif :wub:

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

True say sister... but the fact is that young ppl need to interested from the start so its easier to become a better Sikh. As most Sikhs today would think they might not have enough energy to bvecome a better Sikh because they dont know much from the start.- Saying from my own experience.

I also started to undertstand Gurbani more when i had loads of thirst for Gurbani (after realising i was nothing without God) and i kept on reciting Gurbani when i had this thirst and i had this experinece with God when i was also suffering alot (being too much of a paapi i guess) -Amazing thing of my life n its just made me more thirsty for Gurbani. N i understand Gurbani alot after my thirst for Gurbani

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JIKI FATEH.