Attachment?!

Guest ....

ok so i have a really close mate we get on really well.we talk ALOT about all sorts of things. hes someone i can really open up to and tell my problems etc. ive known him for years and years and is like a brother i never had. but recently i havent been able to speak to him and feel really let down which is really silly!!! and sometimes even feel that he doesn't want to speak to me! its as if i NEED to speak to him no.gifno.gif and i get so confused because gurbani says that all friendships etc are false but i think im too attached to him! i dont know! no.gif so what should i do?!?! a dont want to loose a good brother, hes such an amazing gursikh!!!!!! no.gif

Dependency my friend is the cause of such attachment. Your expectation of him are causing you this let down. Don't expect anything from other even friendship. If they give you Love then accept it with open arms, if they wish to depart from you then send them away with good wishes. it is you who is the cause of your own pain. No one else can cause you grief unless you let them.

You can't force someone to love you. Agreed he is like a brother which is great, but you can't detain their life to yourself alone. Maybe its just a phase and he'll be back to you in future when he needs you. Give him his space and you both will be fine.

All the best :TH:

and sorry if anything I said was dum rolleyes.gif

Well said Pheena.

NEVER expect anything from anyone...

Expectations are no good - it leads to dependency of the other person - which leads to attachment - which is then only a false relationship.

And about this brother of yours... He might have started to get feelings for you, which could be a reason for the distance. Or some other things might have gotten into his life that has occupied him.

Or maybe your just growing apart from each other. And if you dont want that to happen - COMMUNICATE - talk to him about this problem. Be open and ask why this distance?

Wish you the best!