Aarti At Sri Hazoor Sahib

Satsriakal to all and Dal Khalsa Ji!

You wrote " . . . do it at home if u have love towards guru...when u r soo submerged in ur lvoe towards guru that u are left to nuffin but to do aarti . . ."

Have I understood you correctly?

You are suggesting those who are submerged in love toward Guru to do Aartee at home.

Then you wrote " . . . but wat is done in mandir and gurudwaras..are pure 'daily routine' and 'routine' is cetinaly does not please to god i believe.....its sheer formality..."

I have heard that there are many schools where pupils get training to perform 'daily routine' and make their life big boredom.

You seem to be a very courageous person. I am not sure if truthful statements are everywhere welcomed.

Thanks for your input.

Balbir Singh

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH.

Hindus do aarti of thier God, but why do aarti of prophets?

-The Guru's told us about blind rituals n i guess this is one too.

Thats why Guru Nanak and the rest of the Gurus restricted the worship of Images because they are manmade and the Murti's are man made so thats not true worship of the Lord.

So it does make sense not to do aarti.

N i think the reason why we do do aarti in that Gurdwara could be because im not sure of the year either 1971 and 1984 Hindus put murtis in the Golden Temple or in one of the Gurdwaras around that Complex - trying mix Sikhi with Hinduism. And i guess before the Sikhs took them out the arti Hindu ritual must of been left. N evidence of Hindus want to mix Sikhi with Hinduism can be found becuase of the nakili Nirankaaris who put thier feet higher than the Siri Guru Granth Sahib n they started to offend Sikhi and started making aload of stuff up.

Evidence of Hindus trying to mix Sikhi in thier religion-

http://www.sikhworld.co.uk/page31.html

(I would just like to point out its only SOME hindus-Radical ones not all Hindus- as most of them are good ppl).

N i think the reason why they want to do this is because they Think Guru Nanak as thier God- which Guru Nanak said clearly hes not a Hindu or Muslim and said clearly that hes the servent of the Lord n he only preached what God told him to after his experinece with God when he went missing for 3 days.

Please Correct me if im wrong n forgive me if said anything wrong or anything i said to hurt you.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALASA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

The Khalsa Fauj Ji wrote "Both Taakhts outside Punjab have hindufied maryada . . ."

In my observation, all changes in Sikh Maryada and traditions have taken place in Punjab.

----- No, that is not completely true. Maryada was changed in Punjab in the late 18th century or early 19th century by Mahants. Takhts outside Punjab were never under control of Sikhs. Mahants were controlling them and the modern Mahants are controlling them now. They have no education of Gurbani.

The everyday politics among Sikhs for next changes is a common practice in Punjab.

Do we hear any news of changes or politics from Takhats outside Punjab?

They don't make any changes because of their ego. Takhts outside are involved in politics. They summoned Vedanti to Takht Patna Sahib. They do as RSS says.

Then he wrote "RSS has hand in the takhts still having the brahmanified maryada."

Rashtriya Sikh Sangat (RSS) is another product of Sikh politics in Punjab. RSS is born in Punjab not in Patna or Hazoor Sahib.

Rashtraya Sikh Sangat is a product of RSS (Rashtrya Swayam Sung). Sikh Sangat one was made in 1985 to try to cinvince Sikhs that they are part of Hinduism.

R Sikh Sangat is not needed in Hajur Sahib or Patna Sahib, Sung Parivaar doesn't need to do that as they are already brahmnified. THey celebrate Dushera, Aarti, Moorti Pooja, Bhung, Bells, Sunkhs, Multiple Gurus, etc.

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!

WGJKKWGJKF Ji wrote " . . . The Guru's told us about blind rituals n i guess this is one too." And "So it does make sense not to do aarti."

No ritual is blind. This is a man who may be blind. He should go to the Sat Guru when he is spiritually blind.

Our gurus have never told us to reject Aartee in any form. Rather, they have done Aartee.

The Hymn from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, well known as Aartee, is sung by Sikhs daily.

Strange! That Sikhs sing Aartee but discard Aartee at the same time.

Why Sikhs sing Aartee when Aartee is happening all the time in the Cosmos?

Please ponder over it. Who have taught us not to do Aartee?

Those are surely not our Gurus, in my view.

Some preachers try to infuse that Aartee should be rejected because it is a Hindu ritual.

I feel Aartee is an activity and God's activity has no religion.

All those, who look at Hindus constantly to become better Sikhs, may unconsciously adopt more of Hindus. Then one becomes what he is busy with, in mind.

I am so sad that Sikh preachers have so much ill to talk about Aartee.

I am so much in wonder that there is only and so much praise for Aartee in Gurbani.

--------------

The Khalsa Fauj Ji!

It seems to me that you are more interested in division of Sikhs than growing spiritually.

--------------

Navdeep Kaur Ji!

The topic here is Aartee not Khalistan.

Better leave it to politicians or become one.

Balbir Singh

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!

WGJKKWGJKF Ji wrote " . . . The Guru's told us about blind rituals n i guess this is one too." And "So it does make sense not to do aarti."

No ritual is blind. This is a man who may be blind. He should go to the Sat Guru when he is spiritually blind.

Our gurus have never told us to reject Aartee in any form. Rather, they have done Aartee.

The Hymn from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, well known as Aartee, is sung by Sikhs daily.

Strange! That Sikhs sing Aartee but discard Aartee at the same time.

Why Sikhs sing Aartee when Aartee is happening all the time in the Cosmos?

Please ponder over it. Who have taught us not to do Aartee?

Those are surely not our Gurus, in my view.

Some preachers try to infuse that Aartee should be rejected because it is a Hindu ritual.

I feel Aartee is an activity and God's activity has no religion.

All those, who look at Hindus constantly to become better Sikhs, may unconsciously adopt more of Hindus. Then one becomes what he is busy with, in mind.

I am so sad that Sikh preachers have so much ill to talk about Aartee.

I am so much in wonder that there is only and so much praise for Aartee in Gurbani.

--------------

The Khalsa Fauj Ji!

It seems to me that you are more interested in division of Sikhs than growing spiritually.

--------------

Navdeep Kaur Ji!

The topic here is Aartee not Khalistan.

Better leave it to politicians or become one.

Balbir Singh

116499[/snapback]

ds ATw ATsTy cwry KwxI iehY vrqix hY sgl sMswry ]

dhus athaa athusuthae chaarae khaanee eihai vuruthan hai sugul sunsaarae

The whole world is engrossed in the eighteen Puraanas, the sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage, and the four sources of creation.

khY rivdwsu nwmu qyro AwrqI siq nwmu hY hir Bog quhwry ]4]3]

kehai ravidhaas naam thaero aaruthee sath naam hai har bhog thuhaarae

Says Ravi Daas, Your Name is my Aartee, my lamp-lit worship-service. The True Name, Sat Naam, is the food which I offer to You. ||4||3||

Guest militant singh

This aarti stuff is due 2 hindu influence -- idol worship is FORBIDDEN in Sikhism groups like the RSS like this kinda stuff happening and another gd thing 4 them is its outside Panjab in Hindustan -every gurdwara in the World should follow the maryada the Golden Temple follwos as set out by the Akal Takht anything other than this aint acceptable..............................This influence can only be stopped if Khalistan is made the Takhts and Historical Gurdware out side Khalistan which lie within Hindustan itself should be soverigen territory of Khalistan much like an embassy or consulate is sovreign territory of another country .................KHALISTAN ZINDABAD DEATH2 THE RSS AND OTHER ANTI SIKH GROUPS -WE WILL SUCCEED IN THE END WE WILL GET KHALISTAN - GURANTEED AND BY THE GRACE OF THE KHALSA WE WILL HAVE TRUE SIKHI BACK-what we need is 2 get rid of betrayers and people who r tryin 2 change us such as the RSS 4rm inside only then can we continue as a stable religion --''without raaj religions perish''' WJKKWJKF

Satsriakal to all and Kaür Ji!

It is nice to hear from you.

Thanks for the wonderful reference from Gurbani.

khY rivdwsu nwmu qyro AwrqI siq nwmu hY hir Bog quhwry ]4]3]

kehai ravidhaas naam thaero aaruthee sath naam hai har bhog thuhaarae

Says Ravi Daas, Naam is your Aartee, Sat Naam is Hari your Bhog.

Aartee is not only lamp-lit-worship-service. In Aartee all is included what our Gurus sang as Aartee.

I have a humble request to you. Please explain it further to keep the Sat Sang alive.

Why we sing Aartee when we have Naam? Or, Aartee from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is God's Naam?

Balbir Singh