Aarti At Sri Hazoor Sahib

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!

I have not come across one Vaak from our Gurus where our Gurus have banned us to do Aartee.

Aartee is performed at Sri Hazoor Sahib Ji today also as you have watched the film on TV.

Aartee was also performed at many Gurudwaras with Jots in Deevaas up to few years back.

Interesting is to observe that our Gurus have not written any Saakhees.

Saakhees are written later by people to keep the community on a particular track.

Our Gurus sang Aartee. This proves that they did Aartee.

Poor have become those who have stopped doing Aartee.

Gurbani suggests DUp dIp iGRq swij AwrqI ]

"Dhoop deep gharit saaj aartee.

With dhoop, lamps and Ghee adorn Aartee.

vwrny jwau kmlw pqI ]1]

"vaarnay jaa-o kamlaa patee. ||1||" SGGS Ang 695-10

The husband of Kamalaa becomes exultant.

Balbir Singh

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa

The original arti that gurus told us to do is by our HEARTS not with anyhintg man made or changed by man, doing arti means praising GOD and god can be only praised by something that he made. but doing arti by some deeva we made is praising us that look god we made deeva for u to praise u.

I hope u all understand wht i am trying to say....

Sat Sri Akal:

Balbir Sahib, do Kirtan Sohila Paath before bed.

Then, please quote the subsequent text that follows, as Gurbani through Bhagat Peepa Sahib clarifies Bhagat Sain's Sahib's Gurbani:

Bhagat Sain Sahib (as you reference) says:

dhhoop dheep ghrith saaj aarathee ||

With incense, lamps and ghee, I offer this lamp-lit worship service.

(395, Guru Granth Sahib Ji).

Right below, Bhagat Peepa Sahib explains:

kaayo dhaevaa kaaeiao dhaeval kaaeiao ja(n)gam jaathee ||

Within the body, the Divine Lord is embodied. The body is the temple, the place of pilgrimage, and the pilgrim.

kaaeiao dhhoop dheep neebaedhaa kaaeiao poojo paathee ||1||

Within the body are incense, lamps and offerings. Within the body are the flower offerings. ||1||

kaaeiaa bahu kha(n)dd khojathae nav nidhh paaee ||

I searched throughout many realms, but I found the nine treasures within the body.

The Aarti is the creation, of which we are a part of. Inside and outside, the continuous and dynamic existence of the universe and its beings are the Aarti. What can a mere plate of flowers, lamps and etc. compare with this?

I have not come across one Vaak from our Gurus where our Gurus have banned us to do Aartee.

Aartee is performed at Sri Hazoor Sahib Ji today also as you have watched the film on TV.

Aartee was also performed at many Gurudwaras with Jots in Deevaas up to few years back.

Interesting is to observe that our Gurus have not written any Saakhees.

Saakhees are written later by people to keep the community on a particular track.

Our Gurus sang Aartee. This proves that they did Aartee.

Poor have become those who have stopped doing Aartee.

Gurbani suggests DUp dIp iGRq swij AwrqI ]

"Dhoop deep gharit saaj aartee.

With dhoop, lamps and Ghee adorn Aartee.

vwrny jwau kmlw pqI ]1]

"vaarnay jaa-o kamlaa patee. ||1||" SGGS Ang 695-10

The husband of Kamalaa becomes exultant. 

Balbir Singh

115866[/snapback]

Paji read the explanation of aarti above it's showing how our thall is waheguroo in the sky and we pray to that...i think some of the hazoor sahib maryada is wrong I:E drying cannabis outside the diwan for "Shaheedi degh"

But what can you say it's kaliyug

bhulchukmaaf

waaheguroo jee kaa khalsa waheguroo jee kee phatei

Sikh Singh Khalsa Ji wrote "The original arti that gurus told us to do is by our HEARTS not with anyhintg man made or changed by man."

Please provide a reference from Gurbani. Thanks in advance.

He continued "doing arti means praising GOD and god can be only praised by something that he made."

Are human beings not God's creation? Are the activities of a human being not God's activities?

Then he wrote "but doing arti by some deeva we made is praising us that look god we made deeva for u to praise u."

Here lies the difference. In all actions, doing praise of ego is ignorance. In all actions, recognizing the praise of God is Gyan.

--------------

The Khalsa Fauj Ji wrote "Both Taakhts outside Punjab have hindufied maryada . . ."

In my observation, all changes in Sikh Maryada and traditions have taken place in Punjab.

The everyday politics among Sikhs for next changes is a common practice in Punjab.

Do we hear any news of changes or politics from Takhats outside Punjab?

Then he wrote "RSS has hand in the takhts still having the brahmanified maryada."

Rashtriya Sikh Sangat (RSS) is another product of Sikh politics in Punjab. RSS is born in

Punjab not in Patna or Hazoor Sahib.

--------------

ms514 Ji has provided the translation of Guru's Vaak "dhhoop deep ghrith saaj aarathee"

With incense, lamps and ghee, I offer this lamp-lit worship service.

Please explain which words from Guru's Vaak here are translated as 'I offer this'.

He also wrote "The Aarti is the creation, of which we are a part of."

In my view, Aartee is the activity of God's creation of which we are a part of.

He wrote further "Inside and outside, the continuous and dynamic existence of the universe and its beings are the Aarti. What can a mere plate of flowers, lamps and etc. compare with this?"

This must be an observation, full of awareness. Dear ms514 Ji! God is so close.

Why one needs to exclude a plate of flowers, lamps, dhoop and ghee from the existence of the universe?

--------------

Inderpal Ji wrote " . . . i think some of the hazoor sahib maryada is wrong I:E drying cannabis outside the diwan for 'Shaheedi degh'."

Aartee is going on.

Please do not get busy with drying cannabis in mind.

--------------

I listened once Guru Nanak Dev Ji Singing jo iqsu BwvY su AwrqI hoie

jo tis bhaavai so aartee ho-i. SGGS Ang 13-6 and 663-9

That, what pleases HIM, become Aartee.

Why should not a person do Aartee as God pleases in him?

Please do not make the Gurus responsible when you start hating Aartee with dhoop, deep, ghrit etc.

Balbir Singh

Sat Sri Akal:

"Rashtriya Sikh Sangat (RSS) is another product of Sikh politics in Punjab. RSS is born in Punjab not in Patna or Hazoor Sahib."

RSS is not product of anything Sikhism. It was around before independence, and my father can attest to those Khaki-kinckered thugs openly marching in the streets at that time.

"Why one needs to exclude a plate of flowers, lamps, dhoop and ghee from the existence of the universe?"

As you said, "Please provide a reference from Gurbani. Thanks in advance."

its a pure ritual...do it at home if u have love towards guru...when u r soo submerged in ur lvoe towards guru that u are left to nuffin but to do aarti....but wat is done in mandir and gurudwaras..are pure 'daily routine' and 'routine' is cetinaly does not please to god i believe.....its sheer formality...