Aarti At Sri Hazoor Sahib

If you guys have got Sky Digital, there's this channel called Aastha, channel 828. Really its a Hindu channel cuz its all about the worshipping of Hindu god's and goddesses but everyday at about 1:30pm-3pm Rehraas Sahib comes live from Sri Hazoor Sahib. After Rehraas Sahib is done, aarti commences. This Singh comes out with this taali, basically set on fire and gives it to this Singh who does seva for Guru Gobind Singh's shastar...he waves the flame around the shastar and a picture of Guru Gobind Singh five times. During the Aarti, the part where it comes to 'Gopal tera Aarta' the other Singh waves the taali around Guru Granth Sahib Ji 5 times. Is this really necessary and seems totally Hindufied!!! O yeh not to mention bells are also rung during the Aarti. Wot u guys fing about it...watch it if u haven't.

It's pretty hindufied but I'm assuming it has always been done like that at Sri Hazoor Sahib or maybe I'm wrong, but def don't think it is wrong just cos the hindus do aarti. They have jot there as well so its just all out of respect with the aarti as well I reckon, although I cant say I know what aarti represents in sikhism.

There's a sakhi about Guru Nanak Dev Ji going 2 the mandir and the hindus asked guru Ji 2 carry out the Aarti. Guru Ji sed that all this rituals that Hindus do are unnecessary and that God's nature itself is doing Aarti...hence why in the beginning of Aarti and it comes in Kirtan Sohila where Guru Ji comments on this.

(Raag Dhanasari Mehala: Gagan meh taal rav...) Can some one find this and the translations plz for those who don't no bout wot Guru Ji sez bout Aarti plz!!

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!

rwgu DnwsrI mhlw 1 ]

raag dhhanaasaree mehalaa 1 ||

Raag Dhanaasaree, First Mehl:

ggn mY Qwlu riv cMdu dIpk bny qwirkw mMfl jnk moqI ]

gagan mai thhaal rav cha(n)dh dheepak banae thaarikaa ma(n)ddal janak mothee ||

Upon that cosmic plate of the sky, the sun and the moon are the lamps. The stars and their orbs are the studded pearls.

DUpu mlAwnlo pvxu cvro kry sgl bnrwie PUlµq joqI ]1]

dhhoop malaaanalo pavan chavaro karae sagal banaraae foola(n)th jothee ||1||

The fragrance of sandalwood in the air is the temple incense, and the wind is the fan. All the plants of the world are the altar flowers in offering to You, O Luminous Lord. ||1||

kYsI AwrqI hoie ] Bv KMfnw qyrI AwrqI ]

kaisee aarathee hoe || bhav kha(n)ddanaa thaeree aarathee ||

What a beautiful Aartee, lamp-lit worship service this is! O Destroyer of Fear, this is Your Ceremony of Light.

Anhqw sbd vwjMq ByrI ]1] rhwau ]

anehathaa sabadh vaaja(n)th bhaeree ||1|| rehaao ||

The Unstruck Sound-current of the Shabad is the vibration of the temple drums. ||1||Pause||

shs qv nYn nn nYn hih qoih kau shs mUriq nnw eyk quohI ]

sehas thav nain nan nain hehi thohi ko sehas moorath nanaa eaek thuohee ||

You have thousands of eyes, and yet You have no eyes. You have thousands of forms, and yet You do not have even one.

shs pd ibml nn eyk pd gMD ibnu shs qv gMD iev clq mohI ]2]

sehas padh bimal nan eaek padh ga(n)dhh bin sehas thav ga(n)dhh eiv chalath mohee ||2||

You have thousands of Lotus Feet, and yet You do not have even one foot. You have no nose, but you have thousands of noses. This Play of Yours entrances me. ||2||

sB mih joiq joiq hY soie ]

sabh mehi joth joth hai soe ||

Amongst all is the Light-You are that Light.

iqs dY cwnix sB mih cwnxu hoie ]

this dhai chaanan sabh mehi chaanan hoe ||

By this Illumination, that Light is radiant within all.

gur swKI joiq prgtu hoie ]

gur saakhee joth paragatt hoe ||

Through the Guru's Teachings, the Light shines forth.

jo iqsu BwvY su AwrqI hoie ]3]

jo this bhaavai s aarathee hoe ||3||

That which is pleasing to Him is the lamp-lit worship service. ||3||

hir crx kvl mkrMd loiBq mno Anidnuo moih AwhI ipAwsw ]

har charan kaval makara(n)dh lobhith mano anadhinuo mohi aahee piaasaa ||

My mind is enticed by the honey-sweet Lotus Feet of the Lord. Day and night, I thirst for them.

ik®pw jlu dyih nwnk swirMg kau hoie jw qy qyrY nwie vwsw ]4]3]

kirapaa jal dhaehi naanak saari(n)g ko hoe jaa thae thaerai naae vaasaa ||4||3||

Bestow the Water of Your Mercy upon Nanak, the thirsty song-bird, so that he may come to dwell in Your Name. ||4||3||

ANG 13

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!

Khalsa Ji

Takhat Hazoor Sahib after Maharaja Ranjit Singh got it developed lost control from the sikhs and fell into the hands of Mahants. Obv being in Hindustan it was very hindufied. The maryada of Hazoor Sahib, i.e Path, Seva etc. didnt change and is still kept intact. After the 1920's wakeup of Sikhs the control was somehow taken over but the rituals still remained.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

WAHEGURU JI KA kHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I SAW THE ARTI ON CH. 828 I ALSO THOUGHT IT WAS WRONG IN FIRST INSTINCTS.

DOING AARTI -WHAT DOES IT REPRESENT?

IS IT WORSHIPPING THE IMAGES OF THE PROPHETS?

IF IT IS THEN ITS WRONG-BECAUSE WE R ONLY ALLOWED TO WORSHIP GOD IN ABSTRACT FORM- N THE WORSHIP OF IMAGES IS STICTLY FORBIDDEN.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Sangat Ji

Me, my mum and brother went for Sachkhand Hazoor Sahib darshan a few months ago and went for the evening diwan for rehraas and Aarti at Takht Sahib. When Aarti was being recited and seeing what the singhs were doing I felt as though I was inside a mandir. I was very taken aback. They also do flower throwing. I asked the sewadar responsible for our sarai house (where we stayed) about all this. He said that regardless of what the Maryada followed at Sri Darbar Sahib Amritsar this is the correct way. He also said Guru Gobind Singh Ji did Aarti in the same way - this left me very confused. no.gif

But at the end of the day they are following their own maryada so I don't thiink it will change.

The Ardaas is very long too ( nearly stood for half an hour!) as is rehraas da paath (sampooran)

Aneka galtiyan de khima karne

Baljivan Singh