life after death

cyb3r_wolf

hi

it is mensioned somewhere in our religion that we are reincarnated in some form in the next life, and when our cycle is complete we will merge with god.. so how come some people talk of afterlife in the form of heaven or hell?

also how will we know when we have merged with god? will we still know of our existance on the earth and everything?

and what about all of the other people on this earth? they eat meat drink etc, have lust and anger thoughts what will be in store for them?

reply back

thanks

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is mensioned somewhere in our religion that we are reincarnated in some form in the next life, and when our cycle is complete we will merge with god.. so how come some people talk of afterlife in the form of heaven or hell?
Yes there are 8.4 millions including human forma and soul has to go thru all of em before taking birth in human form.. this Cycle will never end unless soul is attached to gurus' naam and know how to control and beat the 5 evil system. Kaam, karodh, lowb, moah, hankar

Dharam Raj : WE all have account and dharam raj keeps A to Z bad and good info on every soul. So after human life, dharam raj will make the conlusion point of ur lifespan ! Either Hell or Heaven !

Heaven : gursikhs who did everything what our guru sahib jee mentioned and told us to do !

Hell : Place for manmukhs like me !

also how will we know when we have merged with god? will we still know of our existance on the earth and everything?

True Gursikhs know everything before their time comes up.. they know what will happen and where they will go.. Earth is just a small part of waheguru jee system.. There are millions of planets like earth, so

in wahegurus eyes earth is like a ant..

and what about all of the other people on this earth? they eat meat drink etc, have lust and anger thoughts what will be in store for them?

Im nobody to judge anyone.. but according to our gurbani.. those ppls are straight looking toward hell tongue.gif (if they know whatever they are doing is wrong, but they still do it)

*Above are my views..

hmmm...ok let me speak on this....

What happens after the human body ceases to function is still a unknown to us. People talk about heaven/hell for several reasons, the two most important, in my opinion are:

1) To controls others.

Ex: "Do this, or you will go to hell."

2) To comfort themselves. Intellectually weak people need a crutch, people don't want to think that their existence will end once their physical body has died. So they create a afterlife where they will get rewarded or some-such.

I agree with your thoughts, BUT, although its not known to us humans, what happens after death, we can only search for the truth, and if we simply rely on science to give us all the answers then I think we've wasted alot of our time and effort.

Sure, science gives us reason, provides facts, BUT only through observation/experimentation, we can observe plants, animals, but have you ever heard of observing/experimenting with a soul? This is not in the hands of Science! Several texts/scriptures reveal that without meditation, one cannot be enlightened.

AMqir prgwsu miq aUqm hovY hir jip guxI ghIru ]

a(n)thar paragaas math ootham hovai har jap gunee geheer ||

The soul is enlightened, and the intellect is exalted, meditating on the Lord, the ocean of excellence.

Do you have any evidence of a existence for a high plane of 'life' than what we are experiencing right now? If you don't definitely know (as a scientific fact) of another plane of existence, how can you tell when you merged into that plane?

From your post I'm getting the feeling you look at the world from the perspective of science, and what its proofs. BUT, you don't realize that this universe, is far beyond our understanding/contemplation. You cannot find that 'plane of existence' through means of science. Science can't even resolve some problems facing the earth today, how will it ever explore the other 'plane of existence'?

AMqu n jwpY kIqw Awkwru ]

a(n)th n jaapai keethaa aakaar ||

The limits of the created universe cannot be perceived.

rom rom ivc riKEn kr bRhmMf kroV smwXw]

rom rom vich rakhioun kar brehama(n)dd karorr samaayaa||

In his every trichome are absorbed crores of universes.

Humans ate meat, had lust, and anger, etc.. long before Sikhism came into play, and were part of our existence for many millions of years. Actually we can thank things like lust for keeping mankind alive for millions of years when their was no other real benefit to having other than that it 'felt good' (oversimplified but you get my point.)<

!--QuoteEnd-->

Well lust and anger are so indulged into humans, that most people don't even see it their whole lives. Sure they were part of our existence for many years, but was there a solution as to what needs to be done to these vices? These keep us involved in our daily life, and are part of the creation. You are mistaken when you say "we can thank lust for keeping mankind alove for years". Lust is not a source of keeping mankind alive, there's a fine line between lust and reproduction.

kuchal kat(h)or kaam garadhhabh thum nehee suniou dhharam raae ||1|| rehaao ||

You filthy, heartless, lustful donkey! Haven't you heard of the Righteous Judge of Dharma? ||1||Pause||

gaj mrig meen patha(n)g al eikath eikath rog pacha(n)dhae||

Elephant, deer, fish, moth and black bee have one disease each, namely, attraction for lust, sound, enjoyment, beautiful appearance and fragrance respectively, and they are consumed by them.

We are all consumed by these vices, but ones who realize the truth by the grace of the true Guru refrain from such acts, because they live a higher living, a true spiritual life.

Their are no easy answers to the questions you pose, and you sure won't get the answers to them from some online message board.

You'll be surprised as to what you learn on message boards like these! :umm:

Forgive me for my mistakes, as I'm a mere fool. ^_^

Dear R. Dorothy Wayneright, you say:

What happens after the human body ceases to function is still a unknown to us. People talk about heaven/hell for several reasons, the two most important, in my opinion are:

1) To controls others.

Ex: "Do this, or you will go to hell."

2) To comfort themselves. Intellectually weak people need a crutch, people don't want to think that their existence will end once their physical body has died. So they create a afterlife where they will get rewarded or some-such.

What happens after human body cease to fuinction is known, maybe it is unknown to you.Sikhi is not about heaven/hell.We Sikh have no desire for heaven and we are not scared of hell.I think you have no knowledge of what Sikhi is about.You maybe think it is like Christianity and Islam?You are very wrong if you do.There are countless heavens and hells, but we desire none of this.

The Reality of continued existence after bodily death is not made up as you say, it is and has been known about for millenia.People like you just will not except the world-wide phenomena of Near Death Experience's.What people talk about who experience these NDE's correlates very well with Wisdom which is contained within Guru Granth Sahib.

Do you have any evidence of a existence for a high plane of 'life' than what we are experiencing right now? If you don't definitely know (as a scientific fact) of another plane of existence, how can you tell when you merged into that plane?

What kind of evidence do you require?There many, countless planes of existence, high and low.Tell me please, what evidence is there that you exist.What evidence is there that R. Dorothy Wayneright exists?I'd love to see your answer.

Humans ate meat, had lust, and anger, etc.. long before Sikhism came into play, and were part of our existence for many millions of years.
You say millions of years?What evidence is there to prove this statement of yours?
Their are no easy answers to the questions you pose, and you sure won't get the answers to them from some online message board. Ponder these questions in your spare time and develop your philosophies on life. That is the only 'true' answer you will ever get.

The only True answer you will find is from the One Supreme Creator Being, That Truth which dwells in the mind of your mind.The mind of your mind, think about that...

hmm.. wow..

Dorothy.. you got loads of points.. i respect you for that..

i knwo you're stuck on one thought and explanation.. but maybe if you really want to know what everyone here is going on abut.. you should read " Guru Granth Sahib Ji" .. (our holy book) .. you can get the translations over the web.. could someone tel bhainji an easy link she could get through to reading the translations... rolleyes.gif ..

LoL.. Lust is good?.. hmm.. something to think about.. thankyou.. rolleyes.gif