Dont Know What To Do

Guest sikh_person

Guest sikh_person

sangat ji as we know rakhri is a manmat thing, and i agree so thats why im not gonna where one. my parents and sister are fine with it, and agree. however my grandmum and other family are gonna be angry with me for not doin it, the same thing happened last year. sangat ji please help me,i dont know what to say, because they wont understand me.

if u reli dont want to wear it which i fully agree wit u then dont.. they cant be mad at you forever for this LITTLE reason .. just dont wear it .. stay strong on your work and say sorry jio i cant wear it and i feel reli STRONG about this and i hope you all will support and understand my decision ..

.. thats all there is to it ..

• 2 weeks later...

i understand that its against?? sikhi, to wear a rakhi, i dont know if this is true i mean i know this is not right also to celebrate all this festivals and stuff, but virji, you know what, did babaji said not to hurt anyone? you can be right that if u wear this it may be against our religion, but if you got it tied from your sis, will baba ji punish you and your sis?? i dont think there is such things like if u do this this this things baba ji will punish you. (as long as its not something real bad) and i know people say if you get the rakhi tied by your sis then it means you will protect her. i think all this is just not so true. but dear, this tradition is coming from long back so we follow it and dont even care if our religion allows it or not. but u know what, if your WHOLE FAMILY agree not to tie it then its 100% cool great. but some say yes some say no. go for your sister. ask her. if she want to tie then let her. she is the one who wants your protection. if she believe in this then you must make her happy ..

but there is alot of other festivals which sikh people still celebrate. so many that i think is not necessary. so there is nothing will happen cause its some tradition which is set up before we are born, its not that we have made it up . and we dont have enough power to stop it. you can stop yourself but how about your family's feeling?? you will hurt them also.

now i dont know what the conclusion should be, to tie or not to tie

this is up to how your family members will react espeically your sis

you can go up to her and beg her , sis please say you dont wanna tie it hahaha . but i dont think there is really such a big deal . babaji will never punish anyone who loves his/her family .

veerji,

when guru nanak dev ji declined to wear the 'sacred thread' that hindus wear around their body .. he said no to his parents.. he said no to everyone .. he showed people that this is manmat and it has no worldy value and will do you no good.. same goes wit a rakhri .. if guru sahib didnt wear that he did not have his sister tie a rakhri on him that means nothing.. he set an example for us .. we must follow it ..

.. we dont GIVE IN to society.. if evryone eats meat .. if everyone says to do something wrong would you still do it to make them happy ?

if my whole family eats meat would i also eat meat cuz they told me to ?

one is to educate the right onto another .. not the wrong.. if its wrong and in this case which has no room in sikhi .. we should educate others on what rakhri is ..

i know im not doing my thing .. my whole family does it i may be the ONLY guy in the familiy that does not tie a rakhri .. im proud of i tcuz i dont need a thread to show that .. and my sisters know that .. BECAUSE guru kirpa naal ive taught them its not sikhi ..

..just my two cents ..

veerji u r right, but see you r taking that meat example is not same,

of course we know being an amritdari eating meat is wrong , and its totally not allowed. if an amritdari will eat meat he himself know that there is gonna be punishment sooner or later for that and i dont think there is any MOTHER OR SISTER who will ask his son to eat MEAT being an amritdari but now this rakhi thing i dont think its such a big deal that you have to make a :wub: face to your family that I WONT HAVE IT TIED. i dont think there is any brother in this world who will reject her sis's love by making such reactions. of course if you tink this is wrong then just tell them, like you have done , i am happy to know your sister do not follow this tradition. but we can't make all the sisters think like that. afterall every family have different thinking . some can accept your reject easily but some family member can be hurt also if you reject them.

anyway just wanna say that do what you think is correct. dont start arguement with anyone or your family.

even if you get it tied or not your sister is always protected by you and guru ji . right?

veerji u r right, but see you r taking that meat example is not same,

of course we know being an amritdari eating meat is wrong , and its totally not allowed. if an amritdari will eat meat he himself know that there is gonna be punishment sooner or later for that and i dont think there is any MOTHER OR SISTER who will ask his son to eat MEAT being an amritdari but now this rakhi thing i dont think its such a big deal that you have to make a  :wub:   face to your family that I WONT HAVE IT TIED. i dont think there is any brother in this world who will reject her sis's love by making such reactions. of course if you tink this is wrong then just tell them, like you have done , i am happy to know your sister do not follow this tradition. but we can't make all the sisters think like that. afterall every family have different thinking . some can accept your reject easily but some family member can be hurt also if you reject them.

anyway just wanna say that do what you think is correct. dont start arguement with anyone or your family.

even if you get it tied or not your sister is always protected by you and guru ji . right?

116692[/snapback]

THIS REPLY WAS MINE I FORGOT TO LOGIN HAHA :e:

you said..

"and i dont think there is any MOTHER OR SISTER who will ask his son to eat MEAT being an amritdari"

eventhought this has nothing to do with the rakhi topic we are talkin about just thought i make ur assumption false.. there ARE people even when your child is amritdhar i know SO MANY people who say you HAVE TO eat meat cuz its healthy for you and you SHOULD eat meat.. so there are mothers who eventhought their child is amrtidhari have tried to force them in eating meat .. even fathers.. just thought i clear that assumption .. (ive seen it wit my own eyes)..

about rakhi ..

dont want to argue any further.. u made ur points i made mine.. u want to give in to family love and dont disrespect them .. fine..

but like i gave u guru jis example.. he didnt give in with the thread.. we shouldnt either..

if they love u so much they would understand u and wont go along wit something that u feel so deep wrong about ...

rest is ur choice..