Atheists

Guest Guest

VJKK! VJKF!!

kinda hurt right now, i had this long argument with this weird uncle who came over and started saying lots of stuff and blaming God for everything, I got soooo mad at him and argued for so long... he then swore no.gif I couldn take it anymore so i left crying... cant argue too long without tears...

Should i have gotten back at him? i told him that he aint my uncle no more...

was it my weakness to let go or was it right to just leave? coz next time i see him i wanna get back. is it wrong to defend your beliefs esp Sikhi ( even tho im just a learner myself)

need yo views

what bani has to say about this :

"moorkhai naal na lujheeyai"...don't waste your time arguing with a fool who doesn't wish to listen to your views.

"sant milai kich suneeai kaheeai, milai asant mast kar raheeai"...when you meet a Saint, talk to him and listen.Meeting with an unsaintly person, just remain silent

and no it is never WRONG to defend your beliefs...but remember everyone is entitled to their own thoughts. so if someone doesn't want to listen to what you have to say, follow bani's advice above and keep silent.

• 3 months later...

well i been annoyed with God a lot of times and well u have to look at why the person is annoyed (if that is the word to use).

Sometimes we sit happily at home and so we believe there is a God but if u been thru something that u think is major (regardless of how minor it is to the world around u)then u start to Q God.

Some ppl Q God's existence and some God's qualities, ie.is God really a loving God etc.

It dont make them atheist I think, especially if ur uncle just blamed God. He believes in God, well in God's exiestnce therefore is not atheist!

You can fight, u can argue but to be honest it wont make a difference cos speaking from experience I think it just requires the individual to calm down and think things thru and sit and talk to God and try to hear what God got tosay for what just happened lol.

If u can do anything thats try to help ur uncle, not try to get back at him.

Vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

Vaaheguroojeekeefatheh !!!!!

If we think of Vaaheguroo jee for just example as our Father, let's imagine that you are Vaaheguroo jee's younger son and your uncle is vaaheguroo jee's older son.

The older son has been through a lot of challenges in life and has forgotten what his father has done for him. He has not been able to make good use of his life or the teachings his father, Vaaheguroo, gave him. He is frustrated and blames Vaaheguroo jee for all of his problems.

You are the younger son and you have innocent love for Vaaheguroo jee. But you also have a real connection and understand how great of a giver Vaaheguroo jee is. You are so upset that the older son has forgot what your father has done for him. You are upset that he is thankless about his father.

Does the father disown his son - maybe rarely in human life, and more often in Hindi Movies, but our father Vaaheguroo jee never disowns us. Our father Vaaheguroo jee never gives up loving us.

vaaheguroo jee was not affected by your uncle's comments, nor does vaaheguroo hate your uncle.

but there is karma, and the karma for insulting your creator and being thankless to your creator is also very big.

this is not on your shoulders to worry about. maybe this was a test from Vaaheguroo jee to see how loyal and how passionate you are in defending your true Father.

But at the same time vaaheguroo jee has given you guidance in gurbani that Balwinder Kaur bhainjee has pointed out above, that argument is one thing, and argument wastes energy.

Argument wastes the energy and the passion you have, which you could use in doing great parchaar :lol: and katha :umm: and gatka :umm:

so don't worry about your uncle - give him pyaar, give him inspiration, show him what a happy chardee kalaa Gursikh is like.

Those sons that insult their father, for messing up their life, when they are actually the real cause of their own destruction - people call them crazy.

In the same way saakats / nindaks / vishvaashghatee / akirtghans are called crazy / stupid / foolish in Vaaheguroo's dargah.

nobody gives them any place, they suffer again and again.

the only way to help them is through pyaar, ardaas, and getting them to do sangat with uchee-avastha vaalay gursikhs, and maybe they will start to read gurbani and wash away the bad karams that stand between them and Gursikhi marag

please forgive my mistakes

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

vaaheguroojeekeefatheh !!!!!

Look theres nothing wrong with atheists, gays, murders, theives, prostitutes. or anything we consider "bad", God has created everything here on this Earth and he has created them for reasons. The world is duality, without pain, no love, get it?

133550[/snapback]

LOL.gif im laughing because i know why youre saying that.... LOL.gif

yeah yeah. youre correct in a way....BUT:

God didnt send those people here on Earth to do those kinds of things.

yes, we say that everything is done by God.

but really....God has given us choices, and we have to decide which path to choose and which choices to make...

kaam, krodh, lobh, moh, and hankar are the main obsitcals that are given by God for us to face and defeat so that our souls can be pure before entering Gods home (Sach Khand).

so you cant really say that theres nothing wrong with the people you have mentioned. sometimes they hurt others, and the "others" who they hurt, are innocent living creatures also sent by God. so do you think its correct for us to destroy, hurt, threat, or do anything in a negative manner to other creations of God?

and yeah...

"Moorakh Naal Na Loojeyai" :TH:

peace...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Look theres nothing wrong with atheists, gays, murders, theives, prostitutes. or anything we consider "bad", God has created everything here on this Earth and he has created them for reasons. The world is duality, without pain, no love, get it?

133550[/snapback]

but really....God has given us choices, and we have to decide which path to choose and which choices to make...

kaam, krodh, lobh, moh, and hankar are the main obsitcals that are given by God for us to face and defeat so that our souls can be pure before entering Gods home (Sach Khand).

so you cant really say that theres nothing wrong with the people you have mentioned. sometimes they hurt others, and the "others" who they hurt, are innocent living creatures also sent by God. so do you think its correct for us to destroy, hurt, threat, or do anything in a negative manner to other creations of God?

and yeah...

peace...

134160[/snapback]

LOL :lol: get my email?

Look what Im saying is I feel that everything we do is keeping the balance of the univerese we need a murder to appreciate life, we need a drug addict to understad sobreity. Human life is created so we can go through and experience all these things. It comes down to Karma, I believe we all have had to in one of our past live been a murderer, a rapist, a man, a woman, a lame, a leper, a atheist, a priest, God wants us to experience all these things in order for us to grow, and become more aware.

133550[/snapback]

and yeah...

peace...

134160[/snapback]

LOL :lol: get my email?

Look what Im saying is I feel that everything we do is keeping the balance of the univerese we need a murder to appreciate life, we need a drug addict to understad sobreity. Human life is created so we can go through and experience all these things. It comes down to Karma, I believe we all have had to in one of our past live been a murderer, a rapist, a man, a woman, a lame, a leper, a atheist, a priest, God wants us to experience all these things in order for us to grow, and become more aware.

135655[/snapback]

yeah i got your email

and youre not getting my point though.

• 12 years later...
On 15/8/2005 at 8:48 AM, Guest Guest said:

VJKK! VJKF!!

kinda hurt right now, i had this long argument with this weird uncle who came over and started saying lots of stuff and blaming God for everything, I got soooo mad at him and argued for so long... he then swore no.gif I couldn take it anymore so i left crying... cant argue too long without tears...

Should i have gotten back at him? i told him that he aint my uncle no more...

was it my weakness to let go or was it right to just leave? coz next time i see him i wanna get back. is it wrong to defend your beliefs esp Sikhi ( even tho im just a learner myself)

need yo views

Though the question raised by Guest Guest,  is quite long ago now, but somehow it is something which continues happening and will still do so as long there is maya and karam in the creation.

For that purpose, Gurbani as usual, gives us straightforward simple and very clear answers.

First Patshahee tells us :

ਇਕਨਾ ਸੁਧਿ ਨ ਬੁਧਿ ਨ ਅਕਲਿ ਸਰ ਅਖਰ ਕਾ ਭੇਉ ਨ ਲਹੰਤਿ ॥

Eikanaa Sudhh N Budhh N Akal Sar Akhar Kaa Bhaeo N Lehanth ||

Some are not blessed with understanding, intelligence, or sublime intellect; they do not grasp the mystery of God's Word.

So we can see, having faith in Him, is not like going to a supermarket and buying something, rather it is something we have by His Grace, or not have it, due to our own karam.

So Guest jee do not feel perturbed at all, just feel pity on that type of people, and do ardaas to Wahiguru, to bless them, that is the most we can do, do not ever enter into arguments, for it is like swimming against the current and flow of the river, respect them as they are behaving as per their destiny.

We may go to schools or universities and gain knowledge, get degrees...but when it comes to Him, it is all His grace alone.

Sat Sree Akal.