Sikh Converted To Islam:

Guest GUEST

Guest GUEST

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I found an article on another forum about a Sikh who embraced Islam.

So i decided to write a topic about this issue so that the sangat can understand why they converted. Based on my own personal experiences too so that the sangat can get there head around this issue.

So why do most of the Sikhs who have embraced other religions, what were there reasons?:

MISUNDERSTANDING SIKHI.

For starters few either got misguided that the Guru Nanak was a muslim because he performed the hajj and try to say that Sikhism is a sect of Islam.

ANSWER: Guru Nanak when he was asked by a muslim what are you hindu or muslim his answer was neither. Also the fact that he went Hajj doesnt make his a muslim because he also performed what the hindus performed a pilgrimage to Haridwar. He also said that fasting doesnt give us salvation (one of the pillars of Islam). If he was a muslim then why didnt he preach Islam? SO HOW CAN HE BE A MUSLIM?

Secondly few get misguided Guru Nanak was a hindu because he was born as a Hindu and try to say that Sikhism is a sect of Hinduism.

ANSWER: He rejected the hindu caste and also said that thier is no hindu no muslim suggesting that in Gods eyes were all the same regardless of faith, caste creed ect. Guru Nanak also questioned about the jenju (string on hand which suggests which caste your in) and refused to do the ritual which is important to all the hindus.The main fact that is that he also refused idol worship which is vital to all hindus to worship the dieties. SO HOW CAN HE BE A HINDU?

Thirdly some try to confuse Sikhs and other people that sikhism is a compramise between the two religions, they say this because its got aspects of both religions.

ANSWER: If it was a compramise then that would of ment Sikhi wouldnt be true and therfore how did Guru Nanak and the other Gurus perform miracles? And anyway if that was the case then how have Sikhs felt WaheGuru or the peace or how have Sikhs felt a prescence of God. Secondly how can it be a compramise between the 2 religions when it was the word of God revealed through the Guru Nanak and the rest of the 9 Gurus (prophets)?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll find hardly any Sikh guy would convert to Islam even though Islam is very male friendly and it is advantageous for a guy to convert to Islam because you get 4 wives, rights over your woman, get 72 virgins if you reach paradise, etc,etc.

But I hardly know of any credible case of a Sikh guy converting to Islam why is that?

I heard of cases of girls converting due to having a muslim bf and getting blackmailed into it but even then Sikh guys stand to get more balance of power in a relationship with a muslim woman if they converted to Islam but hardly any convert to it.

It goes to show.... Most Sikh guys have got their priorities right and put their dharam first and love for Waheguru than anything else in this dunia how ever tempting it maybe.

Guest GUEST

Sorry about i forgot to finish off the topic that i started. As i never had enough time n i only posted half of the topic.

Ne ways to the last point that i was making before that sikhi got aspects of other faiths i must say that every single faith in this world has got aspects of other faiths.

IE Islams and Christianity got aspect of Judaism of believeing in one God (the first monothestic religion) and Islams and Christianity got aspects of Judaism about Heaven n hell. Bahai's got aspects of sikhi about equality and has aspects of Islam to such as Heaven n Hell. But that doesn't mean the religion is a compramise of the other faiths because it was revealed by thier prophet.

The other reasons why some sikhs have converted...

Again its because they might have had thier hair cut but that gives them mixed messages especially if they are small if the parents havent told the importance of keeping hair. Coz if they knew the important of not cutting hair they can make the decision themselfs when they grow older if they want to keep thier hair. But if they dont get told about the importance then how they going to know about sikhi and the importance of the hair as they will just not even think of been a GurSikh in the future as they wont know the importance? Basicly when they grow older the mixed messages can confuse them about sikhi and make them doubt sikhi.

Also young Sikhs these days dont realise about Sikhi and who the Gurus are and what they have done for us. This can make them doubt sikhi in the future because if they dont understand what the Gurus have done for us how are they going to appreciate it?

Also another reason is that Some Sikhs still believe in caste...n believe that they get descriminated against because of thier caster... so how can they be called sikh new way? Because the 10th prophet also abolished caste in Sikhi (because they were man-made -made by hindus, As most of Sikhs were hindus before converting to Sikhi)

WHY SIKHS SHOULDNT FEEL DOWN OR DOUBT SIKHI IF SOMEONE CONVERTS FROM SIKHI...

Sikhi will always be true and the truth will never change.

Gurbani tells us that this life is a game meaning religion is part of Gods game. N we only have different names for God n different ways to pray but everyone only worships the one true God.

So if someone converts just wish that they get shown the true path no matter what ever they convert to. N ne way who are we to interfere in anybody's life its up to them what they believe in. N neway dont forget we are humans n can make mistakes.

N so what if a Sikh converts to Islam or Christianity.

I can gurantee you ppl from all over the world have converted to Sikhi too... (links of converts to sikhi)

Ill write the link of the converts to sikhi when ive found the ones that ive found before but dont remember site links lol)

Guest GUEST

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

by the way the person who converted from sikhi that ive written at the start of the topic (the article im talking about is couple of yrs old)

n ne way if any sikh converts to ne religion they werent true sikhs because they wouldn;t of understood sikhi properly because they wouldnt of undertood sikhi otherwise they wouldnt of converted so no need to stress or worry over them converting. N neway ppl converting from Sikhi is very rare.

Here are the links of ppl from various races converting to sikhi:

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2004/20040902/punjab1.htm#6

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2005/20050515/spectrum/main1.htm

http://www.sikhcoalition.org/news.asp?main...news&newsid=531

This is a post in reply to a discussion on http://whyislam.org about an apparent Sikh girl convert to Islam. The post on http://whyislam.org has the full formatting, please take some of your time out to read it. A number of statements have been made and I've in turn replied to each of these statements. If there is anywhere else you can post this post, then please do so, but please link back to the original post on http://whyislam.org. Satnaam.

Answers to Misconceptions

STATEMENT 1

First off I just want to start off saying to anybody who might be thinking that I am a fake and pretending to make this story up. That in fact I am not, and I know sikhs will say alot of stuff, and I know my muslim brothers and sisters (some not all) will think inside their head good haha a sikh converted to islam.

But my conversion is nothing to rub in others face or to discriminate against. I have posted this story for those sikhs who might be thinking about reverting but are not sure or need somebody to relate to. Because I sure know if I had that it would have made things clearer to me earlier.

I grew up in a very religious sikh family in Canada. Although my parents were not amrit shak they were pretty religious, and so was I. I went to the gudwara regularly did my seva, prayed. But I wasn't a full practicing sikh (i ate meat, cut my hair) but despite that I was more religious then most young sikhs.

ANSWER

First of all, thank you for posting your opinions on the Internet. I’m glad you’ve found your way to God. The message of Sikhism is that in fact it does not matter which path you follow because love for God and love for God’s creation is all you need to achieve the meaning of life. However, after reading what you have wrote, I’ve found that you’ve misunderstood much of the Sikh way of life and its universal message. I’m not sure where you got your information from, but it would seem that your source is highly unreliable and inaccurate because most of the facts presented are highly warped.

STATEMENT 2

One day I met a Muslim guy at university,and we began going out. I don't know why I even went out with him but I did. Eventually we got married, my parents were okay with it. We Had a really nice wedding. I had already told him that I would die before becoming a muslim, and he was okay with that.

ANSWER

It’s good to know that the wedding went well. However, if it was a Muslim girl getting married to a Sikh boy then the whole of the Ummah from around the globe would have tried to stop it. This shows how tolerant Islamic societies are. The reason behind this is because Islam is geared to converting people into their faith and this is their primary concern. Most Muslims care about religion first and weddings second. If a Muslim girl would marry a Sikh boy then in time, the Muslim girl would convert to Sikhism and all her children would be Sikhs. For Islam this is not permissible. Also, the fact your parents were “okay with it”, shows the utter tolerance of Sikh societies.

STATEMENT 3

The more I studied it (Sikhism) the more I got scared, the fact that Islam might be the right religon shook me. I couldn't give it up, my pride this is who I was a sikh, my anncestors faught to their death so they could keep their faith.

ANSWER

I’ve studied Islam and Sikhism and many other religions in great depth. For me the conclusion was stone cold clear, that Sikhism can show me the path to God. I’m not sure how you studied Sikhism, if at all, but to truly study Sikhism one must read the Guru Granth Sahib. There are many English translations available. However, only you can make the choice of what you deem to be Truth. You should ask yourself one question, “Have I achieved peace of mind or caused more conflict?” If you’ve achieved peace of mind then you’ve made the right choice.

STATEMENT 4

1) Sikhism doesn't believe in prophethood

ANSWER

According to www.dictionary.com a Prophet is described as:

A person who speaks by divine inspiration or as the interpreter through whom the will of a god is expressed.

Gu=Dark and Ru =light so the Guru in Sikhs is the one who takes you from dark to light i.e. the one who connects you to God, Allah, Waheguru, Ram etc.

In Sikhism the Gurus WERE prophets, however the Eastern religions doesn’t use this term. Instead it uses the term Guru!

STATEMENT 5

2. since i was a little I asked my mom why did muslims kill our gods? He was god mom why didn't god kill the muslims. why would God allow mere humans to kill him?

ANSWER

This statement is made because the author of the statement is ignorant about basic Sikh philosophy. God is not a concept, it is a living reality which must be experienced.

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

I am nothing, God; everything is Yours.

In this world, You are the absolute, formless Lord; in the world hereafter, You are the related Lord of form. You play it both ways, O my Lord and Master. ||1||Pause||

You exist within the city, and beyond it as well; O my God, You are everywhere.

You Yourself are the King, and You Yourself are the subject. In one place, You are the Lord and Master, and in another place, You are the slave. ||1||

From whom should I hide? Whom should I try to deceive? Wherever I look, I see Him near at hand.

I have met with Guru Nanak, the Embodiment of the Holy Saints. When the drop of water merges into the ocean, it cannot be distinguished as separate again. ||2||1||117||

Book: Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Writer: Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Melody: Bilaaval

Page: 827

So firstly the aim of Sikhism is to connect your soul with God. This is achieved through the Sikh lifestyle which includes:

1. Naam Simran (meditation on the Gurus word)

2. Vand Chaknah (sharing what we have with others)

3. Kirat Shaknah (earning an honest living)

The Guru Granth Sahib states clearly that when we become fully connected like the Gurus then the soul cannot be distinguished as separate again.

The Gurus had all the power to stop their sacrifices and they also had all the power to uproot the tyrannical moghul forces with the blink of an eye. However they DID NOT because the Sikh faith was designed to be a faith of empowerment for the common human being.

In the words of the late Sikh saint Yogi Bhajan, ‘If you cannot see God in all, then you cannot see God at all’.

STATEMENT 6

why would god allow mere humans to kill him? So god can die? If god can't protect himself how is he gonna help me? god bleeds like me?

ANSWER

God is formless and can therefore neither be killed nor die. The pure soul of the Sikh Gurus is what made them God. However, the Gurus never claimed to be Gods, or saints or even Gurus, it is the people that recognized the Gurus as extraordinary teachers and gave them titles like Shri meaning highest of high and Guru meaning the teacher that brings you to the light of God. In fact, it is more correct to say that the Gurus were martyred, they were not killed. The fifth Guru of the Sikhs, Guru Arjan Dev Ji, was made to sit on the hot plate by the Moghul ruler Jahangir. Guru Arjan Dev Ji could have stopped it but chose not to and said that he would have to endure whatever God had in store for him. The only other Guru martyr was the ninth Guru, Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji that gave his life for the freedom of all to practice religion freely, because the Mogul rulers were forcibly converting others to Islam. Everything the Gurus did, they did for a reason.

STATEMENT 7

Then some say they were sent down from the akal purath to show the way they had a part of god in them. Fiar enough but first off thats wrong guru granth says that it denounces prophethood. Secondly if only a part of god is with them then why do we worship his creation why not worship the almighty himself. Thats like saying imma go worship my mom. Don't even deny it you know ur parents are sure enough to have pictures of guru Nanak and guru gobind singh ji somewhere in the house. And u know ur parents fold their hand and pray to them.

ANSWER

I’m not sure which book you were reading, but it certainly was not the Guru Granth Sahib. The Guru Granth Sahib does not denounce prophethood. In fact, the Guru Granth Sahib goes onto state that there are many Prophets of all different kinds and come under different names. Read this quote:

The followers of the Vedas, the Bible and the Koran, standing at Your Door, meditate on You.

Uncounted are those who fall at Your Door.

Brahma meditates on You, as does Indra on his throne.

Shiva and Vishnu, and their incarnations, chant the Lord's Praise with their mouths,

as do the Pirs, the spiritual teachers, the prophets and the Shaykhs, the silent sages and the seers.

Through and through, the Formless Lord is woven into each and every heart.

One is destroyed through falsehood; through righteousness, one prospers.

Whatever the Lord links him to, to that he is linked. ||2||

Writer: Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Melody: Gujri

Page: 518

Sikhism does not condone idol worship, Have you even read the first passage of the Guru Granth Sahib, the Mool Mantra? Well if not, here it is for your viewing pleasure:

There is One God who is the Creator, Sustainer and Destroyer of all and exists without change.

God’s Name Is Truth.

God resides within the Creation.

God is fearless.

God is without hatred.

God is timeless and without form.

God is unborn.

God is self existent.

God is realised by the Grace of the Guru.

Writer: Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Melody: Jap

Page: 1

For Sikh’s there is only One God. We do not worship any idols or pictures. Those who pray to photos or people have been mislead by cultural Indian influences NOT religion. In fact, the Sikh Gurus realised that the people may turn them into idols and so the final human Guru, the Tenth Guru of the Sikhs, Guru Gobind Singh Ji told the people to regard the Guru Granth Sahib as the Guru from then on. What makes a person a Guru is not how they look like but instead, what they say and the knowledge they give to the people. When Sikhs bow before the Guru Granth Sahib, it is not the pages or ink that we worship, but instead the Divine knowledge contained within the scriptures that are held in the highest of regards. This is what the Guru Granth Sahib says about idol worship:

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

You tear off the leaves, O gardener, but in each and every leaf, there is life.

That stone idol, for which you tear off those leaves - that stone idol is lifeless. ||1||

In this, you are mistaken, O gardener.

The True Guru is the Living Lord. ||1||Pause||

Brahma is in the leaves, Vishnu is in the branches, and Shiva is in the flowers.

When you break these three gods, whose service are you performing? ||2||

The sculptor carves the stone and fashions it into an idol, placing his feet upon its chest.

If this stone god was true, it would devour the sculptor for this! ||3||

Rice and beans, candies, cakes and cookies

- the priest enjoys these, while he puts ashes into the mouth of the idol. ||4||

The gardener is mistaken, and the world is mistaken, but I am not mistaken.

Says Kabeer, the Lord preserves me; the Lord, my King, has showered His Blessings upon me. ||5||1||14||

Writer: Bhagat Kabeer Ji

Melody: Aasaa

Page: 479

STATEMENT 8

When i use to read Nitnama Bani, I use to read passages which said I seek protection under guru gobind singh ji's sword. Guru Gobind singh ji died, if he couldn't protect himself with his own sword i don't think that sword is gonna do much for me or anybody else.

ANSWER

Kindly give me your hand and save me,

Kindly destroy from within myself the fear of the time of death,

Oh God, there is a sword on your banner, Protect me...

Prayer Passage: Nitnem, Benti Chaupai

Author: Guru Gobind Singh Ji

Guru Gobind Singh Ji was human, like you and me, and humans tend to die. If you are referring to the passage above then it is only true to say that Guru Gobind Singh Ji wrote that passage, however, the passage still refers to asking protection from the One God not asking protection from the Guru. You have grossly misinterpreted this passage. And besides, I also think that, if you were living in an age where cowardly Moghuls would attack your village, steal people’s wives and steal all your belongings then you would want protection from the Guru and the Khalsa army who protected the people and upheld the righteousness.

Also, the Guru had fulfilled his mission and created the Khalsa, the society of the pure hearted, who were both Saints and Soldiers. Guru Gobind Singh Ji fought many battles and the Sikhs were always victorious even though they were always outnumbered thousands of times over. It is said that one Sikh would fight 125,000 people before they died because they were highly disciplined, trained in the Sikh martial art of Gatka, practiced meditation and always fought for righteousness. In fact, the way the 10th Guru died was when two Moguls entered into his tent whilst he was sleeping and stabbed the Guru cowardly. The Guru managed to fend and capture one of the men, but the other fled. Soon after the wound was infected and the Guru ascended to God. Therefore, your statement is flawed in every possible way.

STATEMENT 9

3) Guru Nanak was a muslim!!

Guru Nanak's chola which is kept by a chosen Gursikh family has in arabic the words written on it La illa ilallah muhhamdur rusool allah. It is said he gave it to his followers. There are pictures of it on the internet if you think I am lying. He went to mecca medina which everybody knows.

ANSWER

Again you have been deeply mislead. Guru Nanak was born a Hindu and rejected all faiths. Sikhs do not have any religion, only a way of life. That is why in America and other parts of the world you can find Christian Sikhs, Hindu Sikhs, Sufi Sikhs and even Buddhist Sikhs. The chola with the Arabic words on it was given to Guru Nanak as a gift from a religious Muslim Pir whilst he was in Mecca.

STATEMENT 10

If u are a muslim u very well know no non-muslims are aloud there. It's strictly for believers only. There is story which says Guru Nanak was sleeping with his feet towards the Kabbah when he arrived at mecca and a man asked him to move his feet. when the man would turn the feet of Guru Nanak his feet would go back in the same place facing the Kabbah. And supposably the man was shocked and thought Guru Nanak was a saint.

This story cann't make sense at all!!

First off If that were true and Nanak had his feet in the direction of the kabbah they would have killed him no questions asked. Its tottal disrespect, and besides why would he come all that way to do hajj and then disrespect it like that. It just makes no sense.

Mecca is an extremly religious place u can't just expect to do that and nothing happen to you. If guru Nanak thought the Kabbah was nothing then he would not have made the trouble to do pilgrimage there. If he claims there is no hindu no muslims why did he go perform hajj.

When you perform Hajj your very lucky if you get some string from the Kabbah which he did and those very strings are in a gudwara in India. I've seen them for myself.

ANSWER

The story you have written is completely wrong. What actually happened was that Guru Nanak fell asleep with his feet pointing towards the Kabbah and a man saw this apparent disrespect and moved the Guru’s feet. It is written that when the Guru’s feet were moved that the whole of Mecca turned and wherever this man would move the feet of the Guru, that is where the Kabbah would move to. The man was startled and realised the Guru was no ordinary man. The man asked the Guru what was happening and the Guru Nanak said that God is not in one direction but everywhere. There is a lesson here for Muslims to learn from.

Also, Guru Nanak did not go to Mecca to do Hajj or any other type of pilgrimage, he went to teach the people Truth. Guru Nanak travelled on foot in the 4 directions. He went to Mecca, Tibet, Afghanistan, Ganges, Sri Lanka, Himalayas and many other places. Much of his voyages are written down in a book called the Bhai Gurdaas Vaaran. Bhai Gurdaas was with the Guru throughout his lifetime and also wrote the Adi Granth, the first version of the Guru Granth Sahib, under the instruction of the fifth Guru. You write “It just makes no sense”, but it makes perfect sense to teach people the Truth in their own language.

STATEMENT 11

When you perform Hajj your very lucky if you get some string from the Kabbah which he did and those very strings are in a gudwara in India. I've seen them for myself.

ANSWER

I’ve got lots of strings, coloured ones too. Again, this proves that Guru Nanak went to Mecca, nothing else.

STATEMENT 12

4) Guru Amar Das changed things

Its believed by many that he changed alot of guru Nanaks writings around and or added his own thing in.

ANSWER

This is another random statement without any evidence. All the Gurus added to each other’s messages and contributed in their own way to what Sikhism is today. The soul of each of the Gurus was the same, only the physical forms were different.

STATEMENT 13

5) Why is it all the sikh gods died?

ANSWER

There is only One God, who is immortal and infinite.

STATEMENT 14

6) Sikhism and Hinduism very alike

For those who do not already know the geeta has very digusting things in it, hindu's don't like to admit it but Kama sutra is considered religious text. Hindu's are idol worshipers. There are stories of their gods jerking off we dont need to get into detail. Guru Granth praises the Hindu gods, talks about them.

Why is this that the guru granth can even have these idol gods and perverted gods in a sikh book. There are passages that talk about hinduism and thier gods and their worships basically not denoucing it saying it too is a way of worship

ANSWER

The Guru Granth Sahib is written in a text called Gurmukhi which cleverly binds together different eastern languages. It is for this reason that a person can find words of Arabic, Sanscrit, Hindi and others. All these languages use different words for God like Waheguru, Parmesar, Allah, Ram etc. The Guru Granth Sahib does not praise any Hindu Gods, it praises the One God. Also, the Guru Granth Sahib includes texts from Hindu saints like Bhagat Ravidaas Ji and Muslim Sufi Saints like Bhagat Kabeer Ji and Bhagat Fareed Ji. There are many ways to God but all must lead to Truthful living, love and acceptance for all God’s creation.

STATEMENT 15

Also my mom told me That there was this hindu god I dunno her name she had a small mandir and there was a big gudwara next to it, she said to one of the guru's. Ur temple is so big nobody will come to my mandir it is so small. From that day forth guru said to her from now on for those who come to worship at this temple have to first go to the mandir and pray there.

Sikhs in india actually do that today and even have this godesses picture in thier house its the one with the multiple arms.

ANSWER

What a lovely little story which shows the tolerance and humility of the Sikh Gurus. Also, most of the Hindu goddesses are shown with multiple arms, so I’m not sure which one you’re referring to, but an amazing story nonetheless.

STATEMENT 16

7) Sikhs believe all religons is a way to god

If this is so then why were the guru's so against islam. I mean wasn't it them wou said follow whatever they are all the path to god? Then why is it that sikhs don't allow to cut hair and eat meat and others fiaths allow it but they still can go to god? Hmm i dunno sounds like somebody got confused.

ANSWER

Yes, it sounds like you are confused. The Gurus were never against Islam, they were against the corrupted Moghuls who were forcing people to accept Islam against their will. You say yourself “The ones that are to blame are those mongols who commited the crime. Allah will punish them for what they have done”. You are right.

Also, when you die, your religion shall not go with you, the only thing that goes with you are your actions. God does not judge people on what religion they have followed, but instead, what life a person has lead. Therefore, religion is of little importance, but actions do matter. If the Gurus really hated Islam then why would they include writings of Sufi saints in the Guru Granth Sahib? If the Gurus really hated Islam then why would Guru Nanak take around with him a Muslim called Mardana in his travels? Your statement is again therefore illogical.

Every Sikh must decide how to live their life. I personally have decided to keep my hair and I am a vegetarian. This is how I’ve chosen to live. Others may have decided to cut their hair. What is important however, is that people live a Truthful life, help the needy and share with the needy. It is through these good actions that a person comes to realise the same light in everyone and eventually they shall realise that hair is a gift from God and by keeping hair uncut, is accepting the gift. A royal appearance goes hand in hand with royal actions. Remember that. Both are equally important, however, good actions should always come first and the rest will follow. The Sikh identity is designed so that people may recognise a Sikh amongst others.

STATEMENT 17

8) Behavior at Amritsar

Amritsar is the holliest sikh place. Why would god allow it to be attacked the way it was have women being gang-raped. Children killed men murdered. The Guru granth urinated on and set on fire? Also i have heard this from so many sikh ladies when they go to amritsar men will walk by and grab their private parts walk away as though nothing happened. This is suppose to be a holly place and this kind of stuff happens i feel more safer in my house. Its sickening that men will do this, I cannot understand why god would allow this to happen? Sexuall assult at a holy sikh temple ... DISGUSTING

ANSWER

First of all, your statement is entirely false. Secondly the holiest place for Sikhs is the mind when it is connected to God. Nevertheless, Harmandir Sahib is an important place. The reason for God not to intervene is that otherwise it would undermine our sense of free will. I could make similar statements like “Why didn’t Allah stop the London bombings or the Tsunami?”, “Why didn’t Allah stop Palestinians from being killed?”, “Why doesn’t Allah stop little new born babies from getting diseases that make them suffer for the rest of their lives?”

The statement “amritsar men will walk by and grab their private parts walk away as though nothing happened” is a complete lie, and whosoever made up this lie, may God Bless their souls. Similarly, you would not like comments like this made up about Mecca, the Islamic holy place. Please treat others like you’d want to be treated yourself.

STATEMENT 18

The gurus say that all religions lead to the path of god. If this is so why is it if your not amrit shak (baptized sikh) and did not lead a good life you don't go to heaven, in fact you are re-incarnated and this is an ongoing cycle until u become amrit shak and lead a good life!! So whats with the contradictions. No religon is perfect if so thing contradict with other then they are not the words of god.

I just want to say to all the sikhs out there that U cannot be mad at the muslims for what happened all those years ago.

ANSWER

Again, total misunderstanding. It is not the drinking of the Amrit that shall allow you to get to God, but instead, how you’ve lead your life. Your actions are what is important. “What you sow, is what you shall reap”. Read this quote below:

Make this body the field, and plant the seed of good actions. Water it with the Name of the Lord, who holds all the world in His Hands.

Let your mind be the farmer; the Lord shall sprout in your heart, and you shall attain the state of Nirvaanaa. ||1||

You fool! Why are you so proud of Materialism?

Father, children, spouse, mother and all relatives-they shall not be your helpers in the end. ||Pause||

So weed out evil, wickedness and corruption; leave these behind, and let your soul meditate on God.

When chanting, austere meditation and self-discipline become your protectors, then the lotus blossoms forth, and the honey trickles out. ||2||

Bring the twenty-seven elements of the body under your control, and throughout the three stages of life, remember death.

See the Infinite Lord in the ten directions, and in all the variety of nature. Says Nanak, in this way, the One Lord shall carry you across. ||3||26||

Melody: Siree

Page: 23

You do not need to take Amrit to be liberated but instead “plant the seed of good actions” from which you shall benefit from good fruits. There is therefore no contradiction in Sikhism. You have written “No religon is perfect if so thing contradict with other then they are not the words of god”. Well, in that case, the Qua’ran and Bible contradict each other because one book says that Jesus died on the cross whereas the says that Jesus did not die on the cross. Also, in the Qua’ran it states that the opinion of one man is equal to that of two women, do you not think that this contradicts modern society? Therefore, of your own statement, neither must be the words of God. As you can clearly see, this is an absurd statement to make. Also, Sikhs were never “mad” at the Muslims for what happened in the past, if anyone, it was the Muslims that were mad that the entire Moghul Empire was reduced to dust by the Sikhs. The minority had defeated the majority and restored righteousness, equality and freedom of religion.

STATEMENT 19

also in the quran it says that u cannot force anybody to convert allah guides whom he wills and sets astray whom he wills.

I wrote this to show sikhs the truth not to disprespect anybody or hurt anybody. Im very glad allah SWT has shown me the right way Alhamdillah. I pray he opens others heart as he has opened mine. you can't escape the miracles of the quran, there are no miracles in the sikh book. I know Ive read it, i've studied it. So i know what im talking about. But the pride away just for a moment and think about what i said.

ANSWER

I think you need to go to dictionary.com and find the definition of Truth, because your post certainly does not convey Truth. You have also clearly not understood the Guru Granth Sahib, even though you claim you have read it. What is important is not how many miracles are in a holy book, but instead, how far a scripture may guide you towards the Truth. Read this quote:

If I were to become a Siddha, and work miracles, summon wealth

and become invisible and visible at will, so that people would hold me in awe

-seeing these, I might go astray and forget You, and Your Name would not enter into my mind. ||3||

Melody: Siree

Page: 14

CONCLUSION

I have an idea for the true reason of this posting and it is to convert Sikhs that are unsure of their faith to Islam. Even if a person changes their faith, does it make them a better person? In order to truly become a better person, one must change their way of life and ideologies. You must ask yourselves, what is more important, increasing the number of your population or finding the Truth within? I leave you with the passage below which was written by a great Muslim Sufi Saint, Bhagat Kabeer Ji, whose writings are included in the Guru Granth Sahib:

If the Lord Allah lives only in the mosque, then to whom does the rest of the world belong?

According to the Hindus, the Lord's Name abides in the idol, but there is no truth in either of these claims. ||1||

O Allah, O Raam, I live by Your Name.

Please show mercy to me, O Master. ||1||Pause||

The God of the Hindus lives in the southern lands, and the God of the Muslims lives in the west.

So search in your heart - look deep into your heart of hearts; this is the home and the place where God lives. ||2||

The Brahmins observe twenty-four fasts during the year, and the Muslims fast during the month of Ramadaan.

The Muslims set aside eleven months, and claim that the treasure is only in the one month. ||3||

What is the use of bathing at Orissa? Why do the Muslims bow their heads in the mosque?

If someone has deception in his heart, what good is it for him to utter prayers? And what good is it for him to go on pilgrimage to Mecca? ||4||

You fashioned all these men and women, Lord. All these are Your Forms.

Kabeer is the child of God, Allah, Raam. All the Gurus and prophets are mine. ||5||

Says Kabeer, listen, O men and women: seek the Sanctuary of the One.

Chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord, O mortals, and you shall surely be carried across. ||6||2||

Writer: Bhagat Kabeer Ji

Melody: Prabhaatee

Page: 1349

Only you can decide your path, only you. However, I can tell you that, 2 years back Muslims were handing out leaflets to other Muslims encouraging them to convert Sikh and Hindu girls to Islam claiming “They can be easily converted” after giving the Sikh girls a few drinks. Muslim boys have also been given cash rewards for getting into such relationships. If you do not believe me, search on Google “convert Sikh girls”, and you shall find out what I’m talking about. There were many protests from Sikhs to tell Muslims to stop their conceited ways, but they continue in new ways to convert the civilised world through repulsive and often coercive means. Now tell me, is this what a religion of peace and Truth should be about? You say “u cannot force anybody to convert” but this is exactly what is happening before your eyes by Muslims. Again, only you can decide your path. May the Almightly guide us all.

A Seeker of Truth.

P.S. If this post is deleted then it shall show the utter intolerance of Islamic societies. If Islam has nothing to hide then this post will not be deleted but instead replied to in a civilised manner.

Guest Harjas Kaur

I read that same forum on Whyislam. The revert/convert story of a Sikh girl is completely biased and fabricated.

First, she says she was religious and proud Sikh, even with cut hair and eating meat... :wub: @

She says she hated Muslims all her life and in Gurudwaras learned to hate Muslims from the babas....but then dated a Muslim guy! This doesn't even make sense. Usually you don't associate with people you don't like, let alone date and marry them! Someone who loved Sikhi would NEVER cut her hair. :wub: @ This whole scenario is a setup for the worst portrayal of Sikh religion.

The story proceeds to describe the worst possible distortions of Sikh religion I have ever heard. Well, the part about the mongols was funny. For a minute I was wondering if the mongolians were Islamic, then I realized she meant Moghuls. Anyway, I never heard of the Gurus as being like Hindu gods that got killed (therefore false gods), or stuff she was saying about public indecency/assault of women in Amritsar. It was pure, hateful, propagandistic garbage calculated to inflame Muslim prejudice against Sikh people! I noticed how they closed the thread when a real Sikh was posting truth about Sikhi.

I would imagine a girl who married a Muslim might want to become a muslim just to keep peace in the family. That is why marrying out of your religion whether male or female is a bad thing. You definitely lose your identity. There were Punjabi Sikhs who came to America, cut their hair and married Catholic Mexican women. Guess what? All their children spoke Spanish and became Catholic. So it's not just a female thing. Guys can lose their identity through marriages too! http://people.lib.ucdavis.edu/tss/punjab/mexhindu.html

But Muslims are targeting Sikh girls for conversion, not Sikh guys. This in itself says something about their tactic to win the women and generations of their children. A lot of effort and money and deception (like this false story) are being used. In my opinion this story is just an ugly lie intended to insult the Sikh faith and Sikh people.

There is a lesson here though. A Sikh should only marry a Sikh, because the unrelenting pressure against your identity, and against your children would lead to eventual loss and assimilation. Anyone who loved their people would never let their own words be used to create prejudice, disrespect, misunderstanding and persecution. Not even if you didn't believe in their religion anymore. Thats why I don't believe this story.

WJKK WJKF

I read that same forum on Whyislam.  The revert/convert story of a Sikh girl is completely biased and fabricated.

First, she says she was religious and proud Sikh, even with cut hair and eating meat...  :wub: @ 

She says she hated Muslims all her life and in Gurudwaras learned to hate Muslims from the babas....but then dated a Muslim guy!  This doesn't even make sense.  Usually you don't associate with people you don't like, let alone date and marry them!  Someone who loved Sikhi would NEVER cut her hair. :wub: @ This whole scenario is a setup for the worst portrayal of Sikh religion.

The story proceeds to describe the worst possible distortions of Sikh religion I have ever heard. Well, the part about the mongols was funny.  For a minute I was wondering if the mongolians were Islamic, then I realized she meant Moghuls.  Anyway, I never heard of the Gurus as being like Hindu gods that got killed (therefore false gods), or stuff she was saying about public indecency/assault of women in Amritsar.  It was pure, hateful, propagandistic garbage calculated to inflame Muslim prejudice against Sikh people!  I noticed how they closed the thread when a real Sikh was posting truth about Sikhi. 

I would imagine a girl who married a Muslim might want to become a muslim just to keep peace in the family.  That is why marrying out of your religion whether male or female is a bad thing.  You definitely lose your identity.  There were Punjabi Sikhs who came to America, cut their hair and married Catholic Mexican women.  Guess what?  All their children spoke Spanish and became Catholic.  So it's not just a female thing.  Guys can lose their identity through marriages too! http://people.lib.ucdavis.edu/tss/punjab/mexhindu.html

But Muslims are targeting Sikh girls for conversion, not Sikh guys.  This in itself says something about their tactic to win the women and generations of their children.  A lot of effort and money and deception (like this false story) are being used.  In my opinion this story is just an ugly lie intended to insult the Sikh faith and Sikh people. 

There is a lesson here though.  A Sikh should only marry a Sikh, because the unrelenting pressure against your identity, and against your children would lead to eventual loss and assimilation.  Anyone who loved their people would never let their own words be used to create prejudice, disrespect, misunderstanding and persecution. Not even if you didn't believe in their religion anymore.  Thats why I don't believe this story.

WJKK WJKF

114982[/snapback]

What story? can you give the link to the forum you read it on plz?

thanx

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH.

If someone says they converted to Islam or Christianity on posts ect you cant 100% gurantee there telling the truth... because they could be IE a Christian n pretending that they use to be a Sikh then converted to Christianity. As they might just want to confuse Sikhs so they convert to that religion.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH.