Question About The Rehat Maryada?

Guest Guest

thats damdami taksal Rehit maryada... I know it has a lineage, But it was Guru Gobind Singh ji himself who started the sikh rehit maryada, so why difference

The main thing is read the banis, the five K's, and naam simran.

there are issues like eating meat, keski being one of the K's(AKJ maryada), combing hair before eating food, raagmala( the last stanzas in Guru Granth Sahib), description of the ragas; if authentic or not...

Issues like these are a different in rehit maryadas.

Guest Guest

You are completely dillusional to think ANY maryada today is word for word the same as that in Guru Gobind Singh Ji's times. There was no fixed, formal, written down Rehat Maryada in Guru Sahib's times. Otherwise, it would have been written down - this is just common sense.

Any completely documented Rehat Maryadas (Akal Takht, DDT) may be a valiant attempt to succintly document many practises of Sikhs but to claim them to be Puratan is quite simply, a lie. Both Akal Takht and DDT Maryada have many holes and contradictions in them when compared to Puratan Sources.

AKJ do not have a formal Maryada as such but do have a few "points of contention" with other Maryadas such as Keski, Meat, Ragmala.

The huge variations in Rehatnamas make it quite obvious that the Rehat you follow is what your Panj Pyare tell you thus the Rehat was orally transmitted. The simple solution is to follow the Rehat given to you by your Guru. He will tell you your Rehat when you take Amrit in the form of the Panj Pyare. This is the "Maryada" you should follow - much of the rest is just common sense.

Does anyone know if any of the guru's actually write or define the rehat maryada? If so who and the source please.

Thanks

113061[/snapback]

Guru Gobind Singh Ji said the Five K's, reading the banis, which i belive is the normal sikh marayada that has been going on.

But there are others, There are even some like the namdharis, who had considered A saint Bhai Ram Singh Ji as the living guru, instead of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. This was against the wishes of Bhai Ram Singh Ji.

People like namdhairs are blind... Although I dont say the same for others like Damdami Taksal which trains scholars of Gurbani. And AKJ which do the some of the best kirtan around.. They dont sing according to the raags, they face quite an opposition about this.

If you want to know how a sikh lives ? Then what better source then Guru Granth Sahib ji .. Or the Vaars of Bhai Gurdas Ji.. Who lived during the times of our Gurus and had recieved the title/status of 'Bhai' , (brother) from the Guru.

You can find the vaars of Bhai Gurdas Ji here

http://www.searchgurbani.com/main.php?book...ction=vaarindex

Taksal maryada is not the maryada from Guru Ji. It is from from whom I said it is from. Taksal maryada has so many brahmnical rituals. How can it be from Guru Ji. Also if it was from Guru Ji. Why did the SGPC hold all those meetings and debates and discussions to make a new maryada. Maryada given by Guru Ji was lost. If Mahants were able to change Akaal Takht maryada, then what was Taksal? Taksal was nothing before Bhai Jarnail Singh. He stood up for Sikh rights and gave his martyrdom. That is how Taksal became popular but now they are taking it too far. They can try but the real Tat Gurmat will always be the way. It is in best interest of Taksal to apply Sikh Rehat Maryada given at www.sgpc.net at their deras. Else, all they are doing is hurting Sikh sentiments and going against Guru Ji. If you want to discuss more maryada issues. The reason why the Kharkoos failed was also due to their internal fighting due to following different maryadas. There are some holes in the Akaal Takht maryada but they are minor. Not something big.

mannharm66@hotmail.com