Should They Be Allowed To Wear The Kara

hardykaur

On many occasions i have seen muslims wearing a kara!! no.gif

Especially on vaisakhi. i was at the mela an i saw enuff of them wearing one. Many i know wear them to get sikh girls an well some might think me is wrong for saying this but i don't think they need to wear a kara because alot of sikh girls just go running!!!!!! :)

Nothing can really be done but i don't think they have a right to wear a kara .

Do you?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid question really dont u think??

Should they be allowed to wear a Kara??

Erm... NO! Should they be allowed to wear Panj Kakkar and do beadbi of Guru Jis Roop?

NO!

So whats the difference?

If you see a muslim with a kara on question where he got it from. Then take it off him. If he refuses, pull it off him. If you get slapped, well, give him one back!

Simple as and find the sorry <banned word filter activated> who gives it him, and any other religion one and slap them to coz i used to know bare hindus wearing them at uni coz their "Sikh" mates used to givem them one.

Sorry, its Kakkar, dont disrespect it!

To add the the pint of the Kara, it is part of the 5Ks as prescribed by the Great Guru Gobind Singh Ji. When will Sikhs understand it is not just a round steel bangle.

Sikhs also need to buck up their ideas when they communicate with people from outside our culture. I am fed up with English people coming up to me in the street and trying to impress me with Punjabi swear words. To the numbskulls within our community who think it is clever to teach punjabi swear words to outsiders - tell them the sacrifices of the Sikhs to repel foreign invaders, our leaders sacrificing their lives not only for Sikhism but for the right of others to practice their own religion, tell them of the Sikhs contribution to the British Allies during World War II, if you need any other examples read you history!!!

Jeevan

yeah and the messed up thing is that hindus who are from punjab add their own superstitions to the kara like this one punjabi hindu girl in our school said she used to have bad dreams so her mom gave her a kara to ward off bad dreams...

and mostly it is our fault I know many of my sikhs freinds who gave karas to their non-sikhs friends because they thought it was a cool "bracelet".

I just wondered, does a kara look in a particular way that it could be recognised as a kara and not just a bangle? No offense intended. As for Muslims who wear kara with the intent to imitate a Sikh then get them off them lol they shouldnt be wearing them anyway.

To add the the pint of the Kara, it is part of the 5Ks as prescribed by the Great Guru Gobind Singh Ji. When will Sikhs understand it is not just a round steel bangle.

Sikhs also need to buck up their ideas when they communicate with people from outside our culture. I am fed up with English people coming up to me in the street and trying to impress me with Punjabi swear words. To the numbskulls within our community who think it is clever to teach punjabi swear words to outsiders - tell them the sacrifices of the Sikhs to repel foreign invaders, our leaders sacrificing their lives not only for Sikhism but for the right of others to practice their own religion, tell them of the Sikhs contribution to the British Allies during World War II, if you need any other examples read you history!!!

Jeevan

112686[/snapback]

argh these typa peepz piss me off!!

but well who can blame em, if tehir parents are the real culprits.

let us cut the tree form its roots :) the aprents they need sorting.. buts they old.. its hard :doh:

hope u lot understand wt im on abt blush.gif

n soz 4 going off topic. lol

Jeevan

112686[/snapback]

argh these typa peepz piss me off!!

but well who can blame em, if tehir parents are the real culprits.

let us cut the tree form its roots :) the aprents they need sorting.. buts they old.. its hard :doh:

hope u lot understand wt im on abt blush.gif

n soz 4 going off topic. lol

112723[/snapback]

Yeh paji I understand wa ya on bout.