A Friend

Guest _Paapi_

Guest _Paapi_

i have a friend who took amrit wen he wos younger and since then has done many bad things, like drugs and theft and other stuff.

now he is going bak on2 the line of Sikhi but these things r holding him bak, he thinks of the mistakes he has made and this stops him from going out 2 the world 2 face ppl, wot can he do 2 clear his conceince?

Does maharaj forgive some1 who tries but keeps on sining?

YOU GAVE GURU GOBIND SINGH JI YOUR HEAD,

BUT THEN YOU TOOK IT BACK

Guru Gobind Singh Ji tried, to keep you on the right track

You gave Him your head, but then you took it back

Turning your back on Guru Ji, how did it feel?

Or were you too busy convicing yourself, that "It's really no big deal"

Remember that day when you took Amrit and made a vow?

What happened to those promises, who is your Guru now?

You sold out your Sikhi, and that’s the plain truth

You ruined this precious life, saying "I want to enjoy my youth"

To make yourself feel better, you can say whatever you want to

But one dreadful day, your words will come to haunt you

And when that day comes, you will regret what you have done

You lost your honour, in a battle you should have won

This world is just maya, it will take your Sikhi away

Tell me, did you forget that you are gonna die one day?

When this dream called life reaches its end

Then who will be your saviour, your helper, your True Friend?

There is still hope, you need to sharpen your mind

Go towards Guru Ji, and the Truth you will find

To merge with God, you were sent to earth

Trying to impress the world, you wasted the human birth

Did you think of those mothers, who wore their babies around their necks?

Or did all you think about, was attracting the opposite sex?

The very same hair that Guru Ji put Amrit in

You grabbed the scissors, and committed the ultimate sin

Guru Ji's Sons gave their lives, so you can be a Sikh

Their Sikhi remained strong, with each and every brick

Now is the time, for you to wake up and take control

Guru Ji is the water, that will sooth your burning soul

Do you really want to come back to this hell on earth?

Wandering and suffering, birth after birth

You say you're not ready to take Amrit, thats always your reply

But think about this...are you ready to die?

You think you'll practice Sikhi, in the future when you are old

But tell me, do you know when your body will turn cold?

When it’s all said and done, you will be full of sorrow and regret

You'll want to go to Sach Khand, but the requirements were not met

Guru Ji's arms are wide open, and He is waiting for you

It’s time to take action, and do what you gotta do

Change your life RIGHT NOW!, don't wait another day

Tomorrow may never come, then what will be left to say?

That Guru Gobind Singh Ji tried to put me on the right track

I gave Him my head, but then I took it back.

gurbanee says all paaps are forgiven

go into gurbanee section and read some shabads

all guru je dos is forgive

remeber him once with love he forgves u like a father

but how much pyaar does ure freind really have for guru je

he hasnt expericced the raas of banee if he does these things, it has to be dont out pf pyaar

if he truly has pyaar, and is truly sorry and repents, and wont do it again, then he shud do peshie

if he will do it again, then he needs to do some serious tapisya, sangat, read more banee, etc. then get ready and do pesheebut guru je will forgive him

he shdunt worry all acts are forgivable in an instant

bhula chuka maf

:)

It is up to your friend to follow the right path.

Ok your friend has done wrong things. Who hasn't?

I'm sure there are lots of people who before taking amrit did bad things. Some probably did worse then drugs and theft.

I know some people who have taken amrit and then have broken it. It does not make them bad as long as they learn an maybe that is something your friend has to do.

What about those who are forced into taking amrit. You might say no-one can be forced but what if the person if fragile and really has no control.

I know someone who was forced into amrit and he never lasted a week. Does it make him a bad person then?

if a person is "forced" into taking amrit and then breaks the rules, i figure he/she is not to be blamed because he/she didn't voluntarily accept the rass of amrit. i personally know of people very close to me who were "forced" into taking amrit as you put it,hardykaur bhainjee, and they are just like any other monna you see on the street right now and we can't exactly blame them for it. And no, this does not make them a 'bad' person. IMHO, a person should not be "forced" into taking amrit. If we wanna a person to become amritdhari, we should slowly guide them to the right path...instead of forcing things down their throat. As the saying goes, you can bring a donkey to a river but you can't make it drink the water which flows....i.e. there's only so much we can do, rest is upto the person and Guru Sahib's apaar kirpa.