Question For U

Guest Gupt1ne

Guest Gupt1ne

A lot of people I know do paath very fast...its like they do japji sahib in ten minutes when i take like 25-30 minutes....Is this right?....I mean its like we are running thru paaath....i think theres no difference between us and others who just follow this as a ritual...what u guys think?

The duration one takes to complete paath doesn't really matter much IMHO. Some gursikhs are able to do paath quickly, some in the learning stage take a long time (brings me back to those days where doing Jaap Sahib used to take me 1.5 hours to finish)...you're quite right in saying that it might appear that a gursikh doing paath quickly is running through paath and it might end up being something of a "ritual" as you put it, but how positive are you that he/she is actually internalising the essence of the bani he/she is reciting? Duration is entirely up to an individual...as far as I know, there's no written rule saying Japji Sahib has to be completed within 10 minutes or 30 minutes...we are all different. :) my 2 cents. :doh:

The duration one takes to complete paath doesn't really matter much IMHO. Some gursikhs are able to do paath quickly, some in the learning stage take a long time (brings me back to those days where doing Jaap Sahib used to take me 1.5 hours to finish)...you're quite right in saying that it might appear that a gursikh doing paath quickly is running through paath and it might end up being something of a "ritual" as you put it, but how positive are you that he/she is actually internalising the essence of the bani he/she is reciting? Duration is entirely up to an individual...as far as I know, there's no written rule saying Japji Sahib has to be completed within 10 minutes or 30 minutes...we are all different. :) my 2 cents. :doh:

111331[/snapback]

depends on what your mind is focused on a tthe itme , if your mind is focused ont eh bani then i don't see a problem

Guest Guest

111331[/snapback]

depends on what your mind is focused on a tthe itme , if your mind is focused ont eh bani then i don't see a problem

111367[/snapback]

IMHO, don't worry about how long it takes! blush.gif Japji Sahib is not too long a Bani in itself, but it is so profound and inclusive of the whole essence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee (being at the beginning and all). Learned Gursikhs are known to say to first MASTER Japji Sahib....before 'questioning' others. That's not to say other banis should not be read and attempted to understood, but that the first Bani of our Nitnem is the one that SETTLES our mind. So to say "as long as your mind is 'rachiaa' in it" isa far step for the most of us.

In short, JUST DO IT!!!!!

My dho penneean!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!! :TH:

A lot of people I know do paath very fast...its like they do japji sahib in ten minutes when i take like 25-30 minutes....Is this right?....I mean its like we are running thru paaath....i think theres no difference between us and others who just follow this as a ritual...what u guys think?

111328[/snapback]

paath should be done with max concentration

well bro i may sound harsh

"par ghaas kattan da koyi faeda nahi"

i dont think they are saying its ok to rush thru the baani.. if u can read fast and u are concentrating on what ur reading its ok... but if ur reading it for the sake for reading it or reading it just coz u HAVE TO read it and not because u WANT to read it then there's a problem there ...

but if u r still in the learning process then its better to read it slowly..

my 1/2 cents :)