Facial Hair

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

That is incorrect, Amritdharis existed as the majority of Sikhs since Guru Nanak Dev Ji's times. There was no such thing as Khanda Da Pahul amrit but there was Charan amrit. Guru Nanak Dev Ji would bless water with his toe or foot and initiation was taken in this way.

Evidence for this is shown in old Janam Sakhis. They reveal often there were variations in Rehat given from person to person but ALWAYS the Rehat of keeping Kesh was given.

We should not try to make up history to suit our own weaknesses in Rehat. Sikhs have always kept their hair. And Bhai Gurdas's Bani says without initiation one is not a Sikh of the Guru.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rsingh

I am listening to katha by Gyani sant singh jee maskeen on amrit, just happend as I was reading, the word came up that just say it all,

Gyani jee says,

like a Coin has 2 values, face value and impresic value, value of inside and outside it important. no matter how pure a thing is from inside if it does not have the right stamp on outside then that coin can not be used in the shops, it will not be accepted.

like this it is hukam that Guru Gobind singh jee has said a sikh should be nirmal from inside but it is important that a sikh from outside take gurus blessed rehit stands init so that he can be allowed into gurus darbar. This is why mahraj has said, rehit pyarie muj ko sikh pyar ne, meaning, rehit, how we live our sikhi and guruus hukam is important not the Sikh.

Gurujee is pleased with our rehit and our jeevan, how we live our life and follow his hukam calling our selves Sikhs will not matter.

his internal rehit and his external rehit, Gyani ji has used an example of a sakhi where guru jee has given hukam that we need to take khandey di paul da Amrit to be even allowed in his darbar. its about Hukam and pyaar for Guruu Jee.

Sikhs have not cut there hair from the start, from Guru Nanak Dev jee Sikhs have kept there kesh. Kesh are of upmost important. I am not sying that if you cut your hair Guru jee will not love you, same as if you keep kesh and dont follow rehit, But you are not following guruus hukaam.

This is no 2 types of sikh, there is only one type one who follows hukam, one who strives to follow Gurus rehit and live a Gursikhi jeevan.

Let's not discrimate our brothers and sisters

talking about Gurus hukam is not discriminating, if you feel that you need to look deeper and think about your jeevan. what is true is true false is false. Vaheguruu is true and therefore his Hukam is true.

adding in edit:

It is true that everyone to came to guru jee off all faiths but my limited knowledge tells that the bhagats, etc who stayed with guruujee did not do kesh katal. All all bhagats, "muslim"/"hindu" kept kesh.

people say today doont discriminate, I will say go and read who a sikh is, wot kurbanis have been given for kesh then come and say that if you still can. Read ardaas and look in depth at what it is for, and the Kurbani that sikhs gave that are talked about in ardaas and then do ardaas that guruu jee to does kirpa on you, and you to are accepted in Guruus darbar.

WOW.

This is the first post on this topic that actually makes sense and tells the truth.

Being a girl myself many ppl have said to me why don't you cut your hair or hey you should do your eyebrows cus indian girls have very long eyebrows they will suit you if you get some shape :) . The first thing i always think of are the choteh shaibzade who gave their life and shaheeds like taru singh.

Cutting hair to me is not a priority an well i am near an age of marriage well kinda.lol. If a person can't take you for how god made you they are a waste of time and space.

Guest .:-:.

I’m a female with facial hair and there’s nothing about it that stops me living fully, it hasn’t stopped me getting an education, it hasn’t stopped me from getting jobs and it hasn’t stopped me from making friends from a variety of backgrounds. I won’t pretend that it has always been easy but Guru Ji has always been here for me even when things were extremely hard. There’s nothing now that would want to make me change the way I am.

Looking back now at times when I thought about maybe removing my hair or whatever I am so grateful to Guru Ji for supporting me and keeping me going. Always remember that Guru Ji always with you and They will always help,

qU kwhy folih pRwxIAw quDu rwKYgw isrjxhwru ]

thoo kaahae ddolehi praaneeaa thudhh raakhaigaa sirajanehaar ||

Why do you waver, O mortal being? The Creator Lord Himself shall protect you.

(Full Shabad - Full Shabad)

A lot of people still give me funny looks and make comments. I don’t expect anyone to accept the way I look; I don’t expect people to like me or anything, if no one wants to marry me then so what, I don’t need the world to accept me when I have the king of kings by my side.

Ultimately what anyone says doesn’t really matter to me no more, there’s always someone ready to pull you down, to make you feel bad and/or small, but who cares when you have the Guru Ji holding your hand? (That said there are also a lot of amazing people out there who do support and genuinely help through hard times etc.)

To anyone out there who is going through a hard time, be strong and please try not to give in to the way of this world, Guru Ji loves you and is with you :-)

Guest .:-:.
wat if a female Amrit Dhari Sikh grows like a full beard? What can she do then?

113071[/snapback]

If she doesn’t have a problem with it and accepts it as God’s will then she don’t need to do anything about anything.

If someone can’t accept her for whom she is then it’s the problem of that person, not a shortcoming in the Singhni.

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh.

Sikhi promotes equality therefore niether men or women should remove facial hair.-Thats not ritualistic that been natural letting something grow to its natural lenghth as WaheGuru made us and its also shows thats God sees us equally.

And to one of the sisters who said that kaurs can remove hair-because thats why they were named Kaur, princesses- Sister thats totally wrong:

because this shabad proves that beuaty isnt important in sikhi (ie to remove hair to be or look like a princess):

maal kai maanai roop kee sobhaa eith bidhhee janam gavaaeiaa ||1|| rehaao ||

You are wasting this life in the pride of wealth and the splendor of beauty. ||1||Pause||

(Guru Nanak Dev Ji Siree Raag 24)

joban roop maaeiaa madh maathaa bicharath bikal badda abhimaanee||

I am intoxicated with the wine of youth, beauty and the riches of Maya. I wander around perplexed, in excessive egotistical pride

(Guru Arjan Dev Ji Svaiyay Mehl 5 1387)

For more about this click on the rehit nama on dont get engrossed in beauty:

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/results.aspTi...0399,58892,3050

By not removing hair you show how much you are devoted to God because you are sacrifising your beauty in a way.

My opinion is that sisters who do remove hair i can understand why.. western society, but never the less dont get depressed about it just pray to WaheGuru to show you a solution n ne way WaheGuru WILL love you no matter what you do ne way weather you remove your hair or not- thats another reason why WaheGuru is so great.

Guest Guest

No offence but no wonder some youths are put off sikhi with people like you lot giving advice such as must keep facial hair, etc,etc.

At the end of the day if people pray to Waheguru, owe their alligence to SGGS ji and do not commit the 5 sins what more can you ask for?

Ask any guy if he wants to marry a girl with facial hair and 99.99% will say no they wont. Lets come back to ground realities, this so called equality we are making for ourselves doesnt exist.

Men and women are different creatures made for different purposes. Panj Pyara were all men because they stood up and were their for the guru to sacrifice their lives for the dharam. No woman stood up and offered to give her life. Therefore women should stick to their phyiscal roles in society and stop trying to be pretend men.

Did any of the Guru ji's wives wear turbans or had facial hair? I doubt it very much. Let's all stop kidding ourselves.

No offence but no wonder some youths are put off sikhi with people like you lot giving advice such as must keep facial hair, etc,etc.

At the end of the day if people pray to Waheguru, owe their alligence to SGGS ji and do not commit the 5 sins what more can you ask for?

Ask any guy if he wants to marry a girl with facial hair and 99.99% will say no they wont. Lets come back to ground realities, this so called equality we are making for ourselves doesnt exist.

Men and women are different creatures made for different purposes. Panj Pyara were all men because they stood up and were their for the guru to sacrifice their lives for the dharam. No woman stood up and offered to give her life. Therefore women should stick to their phyiscal roles in society and stop trying to be pretend men.

Did any of the Guru ji's wives wear turbans or had facial hair? I doubt it very much. Let's all stop kidding ourselves.

113098[/snapback]

"At the end of the day if people pray to Waheguru, owe their alligence to SGGS ji and do not commit the 5 sins what more can you ask for?"

>>Follow the teaching of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

"We are born, and we grow, and having grown, we pass away.

Before our very eyes, this world is passing away. ||1||

How can you not die of shame, claiming, ""This world is mine""?

At the very last moment, nothing is yours. ||1||Pause||

Trying various methods, you cherish your body,

but at the time of death, it is burned in the fire. ||2||

You apply sandalwood oil to your limbs,

but that body is burned with the firewood. ||3||

Says Kabeer, listen, O virtuous people:

your beauty shall vanish, as the whole world watches. ||4||11||"

Pg. 325 - Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

"The bride may buy sandalwood oil and perfumes, and apply them in great quantities to her hair;

she may sweeten her breath with betel leaf and camphor,

but if this bride is not pleasing to her Husband Lord, then all these trappings are false. ||4||"

pg 19 - Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

"Ask any guy if he wants to marry a girl with facial hair and 99.99% will say no they wont. Lets come back to ground realities, this so called equality we are making for ourselves doesnt exist"

>>How many Sikhs have you asked? Marrying someone with looks will only make you suffer.

Guest Guest

^

">>How many Sikhs have you asked? Marrying someone with looks will only make you suffer."

That could be true but the opposite is also true. At the end of the day people need to be attracted to each other in order to have a connections which then in turn leads to a loving relationship. If you dress and look like you just come out of a war zone obviously you aint gonna attract many girls ....same goes for girls if you dont try to look your best, decent and respectable then which Sikh guy wouldnt want to marry you or have you as a life long partner.

The wise words from the Guru tell us basically not to have ego / attachment and beauty is only lasts for a limited time. But while it is there why not maintan it? why pretend it's not a gift from God also? surely God has provide you with the means to maintain your bodys.

And what if your get cancer, god forbid, you may need operation to remove your hair or radition therapy. What then? do you let yourself suffer and die a horrible death to a diease? or cut /remove hair to save your self from needless death.

Keeping hair is sign of being a saint....now if majority of Sikhs are not close to being saints then why keep hair? Which only giving those with good holy attributes a bad name.

Lets sort ourselves out first let people cut kesh if they wish and in time when they come closer to God they will take it up again.

Gurfateh