Facial Hair

Guest Guest

But if one keeps cursing God on why he gave the person so much hair, and the person feels inferior and frustrated due to the state of her appearance, then it is much better to remove the hair (one can also respect God by not removing hair permanently) until the said person can get their confidence back and better sense can prevail.

I think such things should not be forced upon anyone.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Guru Gobind Singh Ji actually state that Sikh women had to keep kesh aswell?

I believe he didnt thats why he created Kaur (princess's - who should take pride in their beauty) and Singhs (Lions - who are fierce warriors)

Guru Ji didnt create Lioness's did he or am I wrong?

5 K's are part of the martial uniform of the khalsa.

Kacha - Shorts -For Mobility in battlefield.

Kara - steel braclet -Defence for Arm against sword attacks

Kirpan - small dager -Defence for self and attack enemies

Kesh - Hair + turban - Provides a cusion and helmet effect against strikes of enemies sword.

Kangha - Comb - to manage the hair.

Khalsa was and is more physically entity than spiritual in significance.

111298[/snapback]

well my friend i dunno from where u deduced all these things?

guru gobind singh ji never said that these five K's were for khalsa. these were for sikhs and sikhs mean both male and female.

more so what u have said about kara is that it was to be used for defence, but my frind it is there for you to realise, when any work you are going to do, that God Almighty is looking at you and hence you shouldn;t get involved in any wrong deed.

according to guru gobind singh ji, men and women were alike. he never ook them separately and as far rehat maryada laid by Him is concerned, it is the same for both the sexes. so what i think is that women should keep hair as well.

well this is what i think, based on whatever i have heard or read about sikhi uptil now. if anyones thinks that i am wrong at any part, i am sorry for that and please do lemme knoe about that.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Facial hair growth is promoted by the hormone called 'testosterone', which is mainly present in men and it is also present in women in traces.

Women have a hormone called 'estrogen' which inhibit the growth of facial hair and body hair etc. OTH it is also present in men albeit only in 'traces'.

So in the natural course of things men would have predominance of testosterone and estrogen would dominate in women. Basically that clarifies how God had wished things to be. But when a person is growing up, it is possible that due to freak circumstances there can be a hormonal imbalance due to influence of unnatural substances like pestiscides or other man-made material that affects hormones and cause imbalance.

If it is something man-made that has caused the hormonal imbalance then there is nothing wrong in revising it because that is not how God meant it to be in the first place in his scheme of things. It is just an abberation and can be reversed safely.

Guest its gupt pshhhh

Author: ssingh

Date: 07-30-05 20:09

The sentiment is honorable, however, the understanding is lacking - it is not the sociological perspective/norms that see it as weird or uncool. It is contrary to the physical form of a human, the God formed/given face of a female.

The male hormone testosterone produced by the male gonads causes male secondary sex characteristics such as facial hair. The hormones produced by the female gonads are estrogen and progesterone. These do NOT cause the secondary sexual characteristic of facial hair, but redistribution of body fat, etc.

It is not natural. Why are there so many more Sikh women with facial hair outside of India than in India, why do we not see any old women with facial hair? Because of a difference that has never ocurred before in human history - introduction of man-made processed foods/materials that have chemicals in them that are unnatural.

You can read a study that revealed over 100 chemicals (some large number) are found in the average persons blood which would not have been found and some which did not exist 100 years ago.

The message:

dhuneeaa kaaran dheen gavaaeiaa ||5||

For the sake of the world, people have lost their faith. ||5||

(Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 1410)

Do not equate living with a physical abnormalities, and not recognizing and treating it as practicing (kamaayee) of dharm.

If a male developed breasts due to feminization caused by hormonal imbalance of female hormones, will we say it should not be prevented if recognized early? that God wanted him to have breasts and no male organ therefore so be it. This logic means Sikhs should refuse medical care because we should suffer from our ailment or else we are not living in the Bhana of God, and we are giving up our dharm/deen for the world.

This is not the case. Therefore since it is beadbe to cut hair, the problem should be recognized and addressed before it becomes worse.

http://tapoban.org/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=45743&t=45743

In the west the high use of plastics and packaged foods etc are suspected to have caused hormone imbalance in people living there because of exposure to micro-level quantities of certain substances that are used during manufacture of plastics and are believed to interfere in functioning of certain agents controlling production and ensuring balance of hormones in the body. This was revealed to me in a discussion with an Indian doctor who practised in England for a long period of time in the 70s and 80s. He quoted the results of a study conducted there which pointed to the above conclusion. As a result hormonal changes are reflected in different people differently as well.

"The hormones produced by the female gonads are estrogen and progesterone. These do NOT cause the secondary sexual characteristic of facial hair, but redistribution of body fat, etc."

Slight nitpick, estrogen 'inhibits' (Inhibit=Supress) body hair and facial hair.

PEOPLEEEEE

ACCEPT , LISTEN AND LIVEE BY WHAT THE GREAT GURU'S SAID!!

KEEP THE KESH!! ... DO NOT REMOVE THEM!! not even a little starnd!!

THAT MEANS TO ALL MEN AND WOMEN!!

i got told my somebody ... why doesit not hurt when you cut your hair.. but hurts when you cut your skin ?

the anwser is... because guru ji takes the pain when you cut your hair!!!

VAHEGUROOO JI KA KHALSA VAHEGUROOO JI KI FATEH !!!

the anwser is... because guru ji takes the pain when you cut your hair!!!

waheguru!! so trueee :doh:

wen u cut ur hair u waste ur body resources. how? well look, the mind tells the body how much to grow hair n where. well if u keep cutitng it, the body needs 2 cach up!!! i min theres a speceif amount of hair for each part of body, wich is why hair stops growing afta a while. so 2 fit into the crowd u being unhealthy. u can compare this wid smoking huna!!

n hair provides u wid energy! if u want proof find out form science books abt the humanbody! Guru ji is perfect, He knows all. :)