Facial Hair

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh!!

Hi everyone, well i have a questiong. As i am a female, i have had this disscussion with many of my friends before. Some of my friends, are sikh, and have or had, lots of facial hair on face, arms, legs, or underarms. And with peer preassure they shaved it all.. Do u think its right? Or Would u have lived it up, been a sikh and stood up for wat u bbelieved in.

wjkk wjkf

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest its gupt pshhhh

seee http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=111216

and have a read........

I have lots of repect for my sisters who keep there rehit, i mean they belive in guru ji and are able to old there head up high in western society and say we are sikhs of Guru Gobind Singh ji, yh they may have problems but they have faith. people who dont listen to guru ji and turn there back are insecure

Did Guru Gobind Singh Ji actually state that Sikh women had to keep kesh aswell?

I believe he didnt thats why he created Kaur (princess's - who should take pride in their beauty) and Singhs (Lions - who are fierce warriors)

Guru Ji didnt create Lioness's did he or am I wrong?

5 K's are part of the martial uniform of the khalsa.

Kacha - Shorts -For Mobility in battlefield.

Kara - steel braclet -Defence for Arm against sword attacks

Kirpan - small dager -Defence for self and attack enemies

Kesh - Hair + turban - Provides a cusion and helmet effect against strikes of enemies sword.

Kangha - Comb - to manage the hair.

Khalsa was and is more physically entity than spiritual in significance.

Guest Guest

I think the reason we are supposed to keep our hair is so we dont get attached to this world so much that we try so hard to fit in, and so that we do not get caught up in trying to look good for others. the only one we're supposed to try to impress is Waheguru, its useless to try to make others accept us.

I understand why you're friends would feel they need to remove their hair, but if being sikh means you live with not being able to wear shorts and t-shirts, then its a sacrifice they should try to make, even though it may be hard. our gurus did say it was a difficult path, but its one that proves beneficial to to take.

WJKK, WJKF.

Guest its gupt pshhhh

sikh supreme ur a NANG simple rolleyes.gif

singh mean lion, kaur means raj kumar, PRINCE not princess, guroo jee didnt say kaur is princess, a singhnee isnt poor and helpless and im supprised no ones said anything, do a search ull find a poll and thread.

Kesh - Hair + turban - Provides a cusion and helmet effect against strikes of enemies sword.

are u saying only kkesh on head matters, then for wrong.

Guest Guest

I think standing up for what you believe in is the best alternative. Peer pressure can become regretful. Let others do what they like but at the end just remember their not living your life your living your own life. So what they do doesnt necessarily mean you do to. Go deep inside your own soul and ask what do you want realy. For Guru Ji to be proud of you? OR Your frends/peers to be proud of you?

we keep hair as its hukam! its natural yea!!!

men and women are equal... so therefore both sexes keep hair!!!

PPL FIND IT HARD TO!!... but hey ACCEPT HUKAM! and with kirpa it will be fine

the key is not to take notice of others youre doing it for guru ji not others

penjis if youve got q's or want to ask me nethin cus im also a girl yeah...jst message me

you're right in saying excess facial hair on a woman is unnatural..that happens due to excess hormonal activity...while it's natural for men. however in sikhism, the rule of thumb is that hair from ANYWHERE should not be removed to respect god's hukam. in that sense, it's wrong to indulge in hair removal techniques like surgery,waxing,threading etc. my half-cent.